Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    im assuming you synced your treos with outlook before switching to the 8125 right? how did you do it. for the life of me i can not get my Cing 650 to sync with outlook, which will be a problem when i get my 8125 shortly.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I am still running my Treo 650. I sync it every day with no problem. I am also syncing the 8125. In fact I had them running at the same time today once with no conflicts. Pretty amayzing.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I am still running my Treo 650. I sync it every day with no problem. I am also syncing the 8125. In fact I had them running at the same time today once with no conflicts. Pretty amayzing.
    im glad, and its good to hear, but doesnt help me.

ive installed and unstalled both Palm Desk and Outlook and cant get it to work, what are your setting in Palm Desktop as far as the Hotsync settings are concerned?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I think it's got something to do with the Chapura Pocket Mirror software that should be on the cd for the treo. I seem to recall setting the option to sync with Outlook when I first installed the software, but I've never messed with the settings. Look at the software listed in the All Programs menu on your computer and see if you have either Chapura or Pocket Mirror. That may be a start...

Yes, Chapura Pocket Mirror is the program that syncs your Treo w/Outlook. I ended up ditching that and using DataViz Beyond Contacts which also syncronizes well. Pocket Mirror should definitely be on the CD.

BTW - I like ActiveSync much better than HotSync - Very simple and works nicely in the background.
    I had the same problem, I got Pocket Copy from Pocketgear.com and transferred all data to Outlook and then syncde the 8125 with Outlook via Active Sync.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treobangla
    I had the same problem, I got Pocket Copy from Pocketgear.com and transferred all data to Outlook and then syncde the 8125 with Outlook via Active Sync.
    that seems like exactly what i need, but for $20....jeez is there a free trial anywhere or a freeware app that does the same thing?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    CPcrazyfly:

Check out this support page:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...ndesk414e.html

The latest version of the Pal Desktop software includes its own Outlook conduit, which should let you sync before making the switch.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    CPcrazyfly:

Check out this support page:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...ndesk414e.html

The latest version of the Pal Desktop software includes its own Outlook conduit, which should let you sync before making the switch.
    did absolutely NOTHING.

OK Quick Install
    OK VersaMail
    OK Media
    Outlook Notes
    OLERR:0B-0004
    OLERR:0C-000F (0x0)
    OLERR:0D-0003
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Notes synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:08-0001
    OK Documents To Go
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:0C-0002 (0x0)
    OLERR:0C-000F (0x80004005)
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Contacts synchronization failed

OLERR:01-0001
    Outlook Tasks
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

OLERR:0F-0001
    -- Backing up MMIDCache0 to C:\Program Files\palmOne\PhilliC\Backup\MMIDCache0.PDB
    -- Backing up MMIDCache3 to C:\Program Files\palmOne\PhilliC\Backup\MMIDCache3.PDB
    -- Backing up midataidcache to C:\Program Files\palmOne\PhilliC\Backup\midataidcache.PDB
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\palmOne\PhilliC\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 02/24/06 11:41:58
    i wonder why im leaving my Palm device
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    that's no good. What about exporting outlook contacts to csv, then importing them to palm desktop, then sync. Pretty manual, but should work. Gotta make sure palm desktop imports the csv cleanly though - sometimes programs have trouble with csv.

Did you check your treo CD if you have Pocket Mirror?
    wait...my previous post won't work - I misunderstood - you don't use outlook now, and you want to backup your 650 to outlook then sync to the 8125. disregard last post.

I meant - export Palm Desktop to csv, and import that to Outlook. Then sync with 8125.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by phattysalz
    wait...my previous post won't work - I misunderstood - you don't use outlook now, and you want to backup your 650 to outlook then sync to the 8125. disregard last post.

I meant - export Palm Desktop to csv, and import that to Outlook. Then sync with 8125.
    yes, i want to just get my contacts to Outlook, Palm Syncing isnt gonna happen, ive given up, ive read everything on Palm's site and all the threads here on TC. my treo 650 will NOT sync with Outlook.

Pocket Copy from Pocketgear.com will transfer all my stuff from Palm Desktop to Outlook, but it cost $20. i dont wanna pay $20 just to get my contacts and info to Outlook, anyone know of a free program that does what Pocket Copy does? Im very upset with Palm right now
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I thought the Chapura software came free with the Treo software bundle. I didn't pay for my copy of it, it was on the cd-rom.
    CP, you probably already have, but if not, use explorer to open the cd-rom and look for the chapura (pocket mirror) exe file. I don't have time to pull it right now, but I may have time over the weekend.

14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    I thought the Chapura software came free with the Treo software bundle. I didn't pay for my copy of it, it was on the cd-rom.
    CP, you probably already have, but if not, use explorer to open the cd-rom and look for the chapura (pocket mirror) exe file. I don't have time to pull it right now, but I may have time over the weekend.

its not on my cd-rom...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    The 650 didn't come bundled with Chapura -although there is a version for it. Too bad, because they offered excellent support which I remember posting on here years ago. Is Outlook working fine on its own after your reinstall? That's actually a tricky project. I can't tell from your second post; if not, that's your first task. Here's another support page that may help http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...daterv102.html
    Good luck!
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Maybe the Chapura software is a relic from my 600 software install. I sure didn't buy it.
    I sure won't tell anyone
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    The 650 didn't come bundled with Chapura -although there is a version for it. Too bad, because they offered excellent support which I remember posting on here years ago. Is Outlook working fine on its own after your reinstall? That's actually a tricky project. I can't tell from your second post; if not, that's your first task. Here's another support page that may help http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...daterv102.html
    Good luck!
    outlook is working fine after i reinstalled it.

im really not interested in syncing with outlook anymore, im switching to WM5, i really just want my info in Outlook however i can get it there, with paying 20 bucks for Pocket Copy.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Yeah, the 20 bucks would be high for one last sync. But you may even be able to avoid a sync. What version of Outlook are you running (or were running), is it part of Office or not, and, most importantly, when was the last time you successfully synced the 650 with your desktop or laptop Outlook?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    Yeah, the 20 bucks would be high for one last sync. But you may even be able to avoid a sync. What version of Outlook are you running (or were running), is it part of Office or not, and, most importantly, when was the last time you successfully synced the 650 with your desktop or laptop Outlook?
    Outlook 2002, ive never successfully synced with outlook. It is a part of Microsoft Office. i have no problem at all syncing with Palm Desktop. i synced today.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast