Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here's the real future of smartphones. Take a look at the pics on this site:

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/

Take a close look at how THIN this thing is, and the quality of the screen. Amazing, and barely larger than a Razr. Now if only this were a touchscreen WM5 device, I'd be in heaven...

LT - this thing has your name written all over it...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss

LT - this thing has your name written all over it...
    Shhhh! Don't get her going.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It's probably already too late - besides, it's just raining new phones - check out the thread on the Samsung i320 - an even samller version of the Moto Q, with a neat feature for adjacent keys (pushed together) giving you the phone dial pad.

This is going to be a tough year on upgrade fanatics (unless you're wasting your time waiting around for Palm to push something out the door)>.
    It's probably already too late - besides, it's just raining new phones - check out the thread on the Samsung i320 - an even samller version of the Moto Q, with a neat feature for adjacent keys (pushed together) giving you the phone dial pad.

This is going to be a tough year on upgrade fanatics (unless you're wasting your time waiting around for Palm to push something out the door)>.
    I saw that, but not too impressed. Eventually something will come out that'll blow me away. If I'm lucky, it'll be right when my upgrade policy kicks in.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Yep, too late!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Yep, too late!
    I was afraid of that. You really need to be tied up for awhile.

7.    #7  
    Yep, too late!
    This is truly going to be a watershed year. WM5 seems to be popping up in all kinds of form factors (flip phone; Atom size key-less; Wizards; HP crackberry wannabes; Treo; Moto Q and Samsung like knock offs - not including the 2125 type smartphones).

I can already hear my banker calling (or was that the bankruptcy judge )
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    As far as cool factor - the Trilogy has it hands down. I'm not sure what sort of pda functions it's packing, but WOW! If this thing is also a full function PDA, it'll be my next upgrade after the 8125...

There a lot of phones to drool over in that article! In the meantime, all we get are bits and pieces from Palm.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The Wistron AnexTEK SP310 GPS, the Motorola Q, the Samsung, BenQ 350, the Loox and others all have a size and weight of what the Hollywood is rumored to be. More indication that there will be a lot of pressure on Palm if they choose to make the Hollywood Europe only. Let's hope it works.
    I was afraid of that. You really need to be tied up for awhile.
    So those are the types of fantasies you have!

Among others, yes.

If I told you all of my fantasies, you'd either never speak to me again, or you'd never leave my side.

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    If only that was a touch screen and a PPC... I would jump to probably any network for that.
  14.    #14  

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lady Treo

Among others, yes.

If I told you all of my fantasies, you'd either never speak to me again, or you'd never leave my side.
    Would you two get a room!

We have serious business to conduct here.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    If only that was a touch screen and a PPC... I would jump to probably any network for that.
    Send your suggestions to HTC - they seem to be the "Sony of the moment." Remember when Sony was saving Palm's bacon by releasing new Clie models every three to four months. Drove you nuts with upgrade envy, but they were first mainstream to hires (320x320; I'm discounting the BW Handera's 320x240), first to cameras; first to 480x320; first to jog dial; etc.

A flip phone with a 320x240 touchscreen, WiFi, mini-SD, and EDGE running WM5 would be a killer. It would be the new i500 that revolutionized smartphones to begin with. Yes, I really like QWERTY keyboards, but would gladly make due with transcriber and an onscreen keyboard for the convenience of a flip phone.
    The one difference between Sony and HTC is that HTC only makes handhelds and they made a huge profit last year. They look like they are in it for the long slog.

Surur
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    The one difference between Sony and HTC is that HTC only makes handhelds and they made a huge profit last year. They look like they are in it for the long slog.

Surur
    I was referring to Sony for an example of proliferation of models, rather than staying power. I too think HTC is in it for the long haul - Sony just had so much money in its development budget they went crazy for 3-4 years, then decided multimedia needed to stay in the PSP area.

In a couple of years we're going to be asking "whatever happened to Palm" just like "whatever happened to Wordstar and Data General?"
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Would you two get a room!

We have serious business to conduct here.
    Room with webcam maybe
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  19.    #19  
    Well cardio, since no one is interested in the flip phone, I'll contribute to the hijacking:

Yes, a room with a view!

Wait a minute - can I hijack my own thread?
    Or is this really a case of "low-jacking?"
    Send your suggestions to HTC - they seem to be the "Sony of the moment." Remember when Sony was saving Palm's bacon by releasing new Clie models every three to four months. Drove you nuts with upgrade envy, but they were first mainstream to hires (320x320; I'm discounting the BW Handera's 320x240), first to cameras; first to 480x320; first to jog dial; etc.

A flip phone with a 320x240 touchscreen, WiFi, mini-SD, and EDGE running WM5 would be a killer. It would be the new i500 that revolutionized smartphones to begin with. Yes, I really like QWERTY keyboards, but would gladly make due with transcriber and an onscreen keyboard for the convenience of a flip phone.
    HSDPA would be even better! But I'd take EDGE for this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast