Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Send your suggestions to HTC - they seem to be the "Sony of the moment." Remember when Sony was saving Palm's bacon by releasing new Clie models every three to four months. Drove you nuts with upgrade envy, but they were first mainstream to hires (320x320; I'm discounting the BW Handera's 320x240), first to cameras; first to 480x320; first to jog dial; etc.

A flip phone with a 320x240 touchscreen, WiFi, mini-SD, and EDGE running WM5 would be a killer. It would be the new i500 that revolutionized smartphones to begin with. Yes, I really like QWERTY keyboards, but would gladly make due with transcriber and an onscreen keyboard for the convenience of a flip phone.
    I could never stand an on-screen keyboard. First of all, there's no tactile feedback, secondly, I'd HATE getting the screen constantly smudged up...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I could never stand an on-screen keyboard. First of all, there's no tactile feedback, secondly, I'd HATE getting the screen constantly smudged up...
    I can understand that, but I was talking about the pop up, tap the keys, type keyboards (Fitaly is a great alternative keyboard).

I just don't ever see a QWERTY keyboard in a small flip phone case. Even that Moto 2XX that never got off the ground was to big and bulky. Besides, there are lots of times I'd just like to have a real telephone keypad. At least the touch screen would let me use calligrapher or Fitaly to reply to emails that my thumbs could just not stand on T9.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    HSDPA would be even better! But I'd take EDGE for this year.
    I agree, the HSDPA would be super, but the Cingular roll out is soooo sloooow I figure I can get by for 12 months with EDGE - I can't seem to avoid the upgrade bug much longer than that anyway

However, I often wonder if my Sprint coverage hadn't died at our new house, whether I would have stayed with the Samsung i500 despite its retro OS, poor screen and no memory expansion. It was (and still is) the coolest form factor ever for a converged device. I ran into a guy at the Knoxville airport using one a few weeks ago, and he had a small crowd of admirers amazed that it was discontinued - they all felt it was the coolest phone they'd ever seen.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12