Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    Love my 650 but considering the other options out there. Anyone know of any other phones (PDA or not) that have threaded SMS?
    So addicted to it!
    cheers,
    M
  2. iramike's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    #2  
    I have used a lot of phones in my time, been selling them since 98 and I have never seen another phone that does threaded SMS. The Treo was the first phone I had seen that did that and also the last, and I haven't wanted any other phone other than a Treo since. Unless there is some other rare phone or a phone that most people haven't seen or heard of, as far as the US goes I am pretty sure its the Treo and nothing else. Though, if I am wrong, someone please let me know I would love to know if there was another phone as well.
  3. #3  
    how's the SMS on the 8125?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  4. #4  
    I don't think there are any other phones that do threaded SMS - not even the 700w. Which must be why I haven't seen anythird-party SMS apps for the 650 - because the included one is so good.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  5. iramike's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    #5  
    Does anyone think that the threaded SMS slows texting down at all? I send several hundred texts a day and I got like 4 conversations going at once I was just curious to what everyone else thinks
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict


    The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
  6. #6  
    I put threaded SMS right up there with Chatter, Volumecare, and Resco explorer....
    All the reasons why I have kept the 650 for so long and have no intention of letting go yet.

    I love the threaded SMS.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike
    Does anyone think that the threaded SMS slows texting down at all? I send several hundred texts a day and I got like 4 conversations going at once I was just curious to what everyone else thinks
    Maybe that initial moment when it's loading that 'chat log', but that's about it.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  8. ls3mach's Avatar
    Posts
    659 Posts
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    #8  
    I believe the O2 Atom has threaded SMS
  9.    #9  
    If anyone can confirm?

    thanks for the input guys... since the last upgrade i've not been getting all my Sms's and my network swears that its the phone...
  10. #10  
    Anyone know of any threaded SMS app for the 8125
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I don't think there are any other phones that do threaded SMS - not even the 700w. Which must be why I haven't seen anythird-party SMS apps for the 650 - because the included one is so good.

    I wish there was a way to archive sms datbase to card or backup to desktop. One of the main deficiencies of the sms app imo is the lack of a hotsync conduit which can let you save or backup your sms log to the desktop...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I wish there was a way to archive sms datbase to card or backup to desktop. One of the main deficiencies of the sms app imo is the lack of a hotsync conduit which can let you save or backup your sms log to the desktop...
    I agree completely. You can save your SMS's if you so desire, but it isn't as simple as it should be.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?

Posting Permissions