1.    #1  
    The only reason I think maybe, is because of the "calender" theme of the press conference invites. A little history; the invites for the release of the iPod Video were of a "velvet curtain" theme.........

http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/02...?lsrc=mwtoprss

"come see some fun, new products from Apple"

http://www.betanews.com/article/Appl..._28/1140548077

I'm most likely reaching here, but who knows an iPhone?

Apple owns the site iPhone.org...........
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    It's an interesting idea, but I imagine that Apple'd probably wanna have their own network set up before going ahead on any kind of iPhone. They're just control freaks like that. Of course, they don't use their own internet, so who knows...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Just a thought, but what if Apple REALLY wanted to be gutsy:

Just build a world GSM phone like HTC does, and let people buy their own SIMs and data plans? Skip the carrier strangelhold altogether for an iPod like experience......

OKAY....just woke up from that fantasy dream.....
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    They still need a mobile OS. Both OSX and Safari are based upon existing "open-source" software.

If this is true then it will be based on symbian.
    How about this for guts and Jobs-worthy splash: John Dvorak speculates in his March 7 PC Magazine column that Apple is moving to Windows! He discusses how this is already evident. We may see a MacWin or WinMac phone before anything with either Palm or Symbian.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    How about this for guts and Jobs-worthy splash: John Dvorak speculates in his March 7 PC Magazine column that Apple is moving to Windows! He discusses how this is already evident. We may see a MacWin or WinMac phone before anything with either Palm or Symbian.
    Dvoraks been saying that for a while. No proof, he's just trying to connect dots that might not have anything to do with each other.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7.    #7  
    Dvorak actually talked about the whole Mac/Win possibility, with OSX becoming open source, on his podcast. He was actually arguing with a responder to his blog, and starting seeing a possibility. But he's the first to admit its pure speculation, even if his dots line up..........
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    Dvorak actually talked about the whole Mac/Win possibility, with OSX becoming open source, on his podcast. He was actually arguing with a responder to his blog, and starting seeing a possibility. But he's the first to admit its pure speculation, even if his dots line up..........
    I like John, but remember, he also thought OS/2 would take over the world!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Just for fun, read John's predictions from, say, 2004. I did it several years ago, and in hindsight he looks more like fool than a genius.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    We'll probably just hear of the Intel PowerBooks. In any event, THE MUNK iS BACK!!
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Its March 5th. And no Iphone announcement yet. I dont think Apple will join smartphone yet. We will see beta version of Mac OS for mobile devices before announcement of an Iphone. I predict Origami like device produced by Apple first before seeing I-phone. Ummm and where is Google own internet that was rumored??? Ummm yeah that is what I mean :-)
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Wonder what Steve doing w/ all those 3G RF engineers if he doesn't have a phone based application in mind ? Obviously on the go iTunes d/l'ing but if ya got the radio....why not the phone.....from teenyboppers to fashionheads would be into an iPod phone.
    The press conference was a dud and Apple stock took a hit. They announced a $350 "hi-fi" speaker for the iPods that's probably less attractive and $50 more than the Bose system that's been out for several months.