1.    #1  
    ok I believe I've situated funds to buy one. so for those with one already, I've got a few questions:
    1. is anyone still successfully using the MediaNet data plan with 8125?
    2. is there a AIM client as stable or better than my Verichat (data based)? Yahoo! ? MSN?
    3. Prices of messengers?
    4. Can you assign mp3s as rinngtones without 3rd party software? if not, is there a good 3rd party app?

those are my only concerns. thanks ahead of time
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I can answer number 1 only. I am using the medianet plan. It is setup to connect to the wap.cingular.... for my connection. It connects on EDGE fine. In my account my media works plan is still there and $20. I guess I'll find out if there are any strange charges on next months bill. To be honest, since I've gotten this device, I connect to wifi a lot. I'm around a hotspot all the time and it is so fast (around 1024 Kb/Sec according to dslreports). As for the other questions you have, I'm not sure. I would like to know of a good AIM client. I believe Verichat has a WM version but I can't be sure. I gave up on VeriChat for Palm because I had stability issues on all the versions I tried. I wish ther were a Toccer type app for WM. I really liked that program.
  3.    #3  
    u don't know if u can assign mp3 ringtones? wma plays mp3s just as simple as realplayer on the 650 right?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    u don't know if u can assign mp3 ringtones? wma plays mp3s just as simple as realplayer on the 650 right?
    Can't help you out with 2 and 3 since I do not IM with my Treo or 8125...sorry. However, I can verify you can assign mp3's as ringtones and to contacts as special ring tones. Glad you asked the question since I am having a blast customizing this thing!! I have the original software loaded with the exception of:

Worldmate Pro
    Nulkeyboard - Free - prevents keyboard from popping up when you don't want it to
    Smartkey - Free - Allows great one-handed operation from today screen to close apps, go to Start menu and turn on or off the ringer.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    Can't help you out with 2 and 3 since I do not IM with my Treo or 8125...sorry. However, I can verify you can assign mp3's as ringtones and to contacts as special ring tones. Glad you asked the question since I am having a blast customizing this thing!! I have the original software loaded with the exception of:

Worldmate Pro
    Nulkeyboard - Free - prevents keyboard from popping up when you don't want it to
    Smartkey - Free - Allows great one-handed operation from today screen to close apps, go to Start menu and turn on or off the ringer.
    appreciated, so there is no need for a 3rd party app like mRing? thats nice.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    appreciated, so there is no need for a 3rd party app like mRing? thats nice.
    Mine is out the box other then the three programs above. other then Worldmate Pro ( which I love but it is super expensive ) the other two are necessities. They really complete the phone from a naviga
    tion perspective. But for MP3's you are ready to go as soon as you turn it on.
    oh nice. That's great you can assign mp3s as ringtones. I just never tried it. I've been just trying to learn the basics of WM5. Good to know though since I used mRing on the Treo and now I don't have to buy a 3rd party app.

CPcrazyfly- Pocket MSN comes pre-loaded on the device so there's your MSN solution. I don't use MSN so I haven't tried it. I don't know about a Yahoo solution.
  8.    #8  
    I rarely ever use yahoo IM so if I don't solve that it won't be a loss. built in msn sounds great! and I've done some reading and Agile has a AIM/yahoo/msn/icq app for WM5
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    After having my 8125 for over 3 weeks now (got one the day it came out), the best chat client for WM5 is.....Verichat!

I've tried my hardest to use Agile but apart from being unstable with connections, it has actually caused my 8125 to freeze and soft-reset by itself. No other app or tweak has done that so I removed it.

Verichat 1.38b runs great on my 8125 - the SMS in standby mode is a nice feature although not needed. It will use your EDGE/GPRS or WiFi connection without an issue and it's very quick. People can't tell I'm using a PDA, they think I'm at home in front of my PC.

1.38b added full 5-way and WM5 support so you NEVER have to touch the screen. This was one of my biggest beefs with Agile because it was designed for WM2003. With Verichat I use it fully without ever touching the screen which is great.

Also an advantage with Verichat is they have a pretty aggressive release schedule (I think 1.39b is already out) so you are assured things will improve.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc
    After having my 8125 for over 3 weeks now (got one the day it came out), the best chat client for WM5 is.....Verichat!
    I haven't gotten Verichat to work properly for more than an hour or two on WM5. For now I've been using the horrific built in MSN Messenger client.

(FWIW: Verichat's been a bit flakey on the Palm lately too ... I think they are having Proxy server issues. But at least when I can get it up on Palm, I can get it up and it stays up. On WM5 I can rarely keep it up for more than an hour)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)