Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Same here...except my new laptop will weigh close to 13 pounds....I call it a "luggable".
    Wow, that's a behemoth. I think the heaviest laptop I've ever heard about was a 15 pound Acer.

I'm on the move a lot so having a light laptop was a necessity
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Thats interesting Jack...I would have thought most CAD users would prefer a desktop to a laptop but I can understand wanting to work on things at different places. Do the gaming laptops market themselves to CAD users or is it something that CAD users have just started tuning into?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

That 's transportable, not portable.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Wow, that's a behemoth. I think the heaviest laptop I've ever heard about was a 15 pound Acer.

I'm on the move a lot so having a light laptop was a necessity
    It's actually 11.3 but I figure by the time you pack the accessories (no trackpoint, gonna miss that, so must bring mouse, etc), the bag atc, I gonan be walking crooked.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Thats interesting Jack...I would have thought most CAD users would prefer a desktop to a laptop but I can understand wanting to work on things at different places. Do the gaming laptops market themselves to CAD users or is it something that CAD users have just started tuning into?
    Well we do . Nothing like working on a huge CRT. The LCD pales by comparison. But if I go out to a site and and have to make As-Built drawings, the "luggable" (3-6 lbs is portable, 7 - 10 is portable, after 11 lbs I use "luggable") , having the laptop is beter then taking some measurements, going back to office, cadding it up....repeat 4-5 times. Just no way to write down all that data for structural / mechanical / electrical wthout it tunning all over itself.

In the office, I'll use the laptop for routine e-mail, spreadsheet work and small CAD edits and stuff but jump on the big box for any lengthy CAD sessions.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12