Bluetooth
    GSM Quadband GPRS and EDGE
    microSD
    Very slim and light
    HTC StarTrek - 98.5 x 51.4 x 15.8 mm
    Motorola RAZR V3 - 98 x 53 x 13.9 mm
    Memory - 64 RAM, 64 or 128 ROM
    External display and music keys

It looks like this is coming soon under the I-mate brand called SmartFlip. LadyTreo, this has your name stamped all over it.

Surur
    It doesn't look any more "startrek" than any other device imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thats pretty nice looking. So you say its a WM 5 device, does that mean that it is compatible with PPC applications?
    Nice! Do you have any photos of the phone turned on? I'd like to see the screen.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    It doesn't look any more "startrek" than any other device imo...
    Maybe they should have named it "Starship Trooper" then?
    Is the only input via t9 entry (that would be the deal breaker right there.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Nice! Do you have any photos of the phone turned on? I'd like to see the screen.

This is obviously a rendering. As a small QVGA screen it should look very good.

Its a smartphone, not a PPC-phone, so most PPC apps wont work. The lines are getting very blurred however these days, and some software work for both (e.g. opera for WM, or Skype). Input is only via T9. Its meant mainly for information retrieval, not for creation.

Startrek referred more to the tricorder flip than anything else.

Surur
    Everything for smartphone will work in windows mobile 5. However, everything for wm5 or ppc will NOT work in smartphone.
    Unfortunately, the Carriers keep pushing back the release dates on their subspace networks... damn them...
    Who will be releasing this phone? And will they be selling an unlocked version?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Is the only input via t9 entry (that would be the deal breaker right there.)
    I really have liked the Cingular 2125, but have to agree that T9 is a killer. I so much missed a keyboard (coming form the Treo 650) or even a touch screen to write or tap on. Hopefully the 8125 will make due.

What would be great is the StarTrek with a touch screen. It would be a little hard to use, but the ability to write or tap on an onscreen keyboard would be so great for email/messaging. The old Samsung i500 was a great device for that - and you always have your screen protected.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    When I can "set it on stun," I'll be impressed.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Everything for smartphone will work in windows mobile 5. However, everything for wm5 or ppc will NOT work in smartphone.
    Shadowmite,

you just confused me with that statement... are you saying all my palm programs would work on a windows phone? ex my t650 software will work on the 700w? I always thought no.. maybe I misunderstood what you wrote...

KAOS
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    Shadowmite,

you just confused me with that statement... are you saying all my palm programs would work on a windows phone? ex my t650 software will work on the 700w? I always thought no.. maybe I misunderstood what you wrote...

KAOS
    I cought it correctly. The cut down version of PPC is Windows mobile smartphone. Take a look at the platforms handango offers software for http://www.handango.com/home.jsp?sit...ddDevices=back I did once pop a PPC card in a Samsung I600 and it displayed and would operate but much of it was cut off. Hes saying you could put a program made for a windows mobile smartphone like the Motorola
    http://pocketpccentral.net/smartphon...px200_info.htm and it would work on a PPC.
    When will someone make a phone that actually looks exactly like the old ST communicator and works by dial only.....
    Every pixel a picasso
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    When I can "set it on stun," I'll be impressed.
    forget stun, give me kill (as long as the cool vaporize thing still happens).

will always get a seat on the train.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamhgreen
    When will someone make a phone that actually looks exactly like the old ST communicator and works by dial only.....
    the commincator from the newer series would be cool.

a illtle button on your chest with voice recognition and hopefully bluetooth.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Very sleek; are those crop circle linkups?
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    http://www.mobileburn.com/gallery.js...51&source=HOME
    those are working pictures- not mockups
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Why waste so much space around the screen - it looks like you could go to a 2.8" given all the wasted space around the image.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast