Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I was wondering if any of you guys/gals have tried this and what your impressions are/were of it?

Also, if you haven't tried it, what other programs can do the same things such as compress whole DVD's and other video formats?

Pocket DVD Studio

Thanks!
    If Guns cause crime, then Pencils cause misspelled words......
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrogers1
    I was wondering if any of you guys/gals have tried this and what your impressions are/were of it?

Also, if you haven't tried it, what other programs can do the same things such as compress whole DVD's and other video formats?

Pocket DVD Studio

Thanks!
    I haven't used the Treo version, but I use the PSP version, and it works great. I highly recommend it.
    I'm back!
    I use AcidRip, recently ripped Season 1 and Season 2 of The Office (British Version) to 320x213 (16:9) @ 24fps using XVid compression with a bitrate of ~350. Audio was ripped at 96Kbps MP3 48,000 Khz. The files were about 98MB each (30 minutes of video) and look great on the Treo.

I'm not sure if AcidRip has a Win32 port, I'm a Linux user, but if it does it's likely to be free under the GNU/GPL.
    I use two free programs: FairUse Wizard (to compress) and Tcpmp. They work great and are easy to use.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thanks guys! i'll look n2 those programs. it's 4 a 6700 so hopefully they integrate well.
    If Guns cause crime, then Pencils cause misspelled words......
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    I use AcidRip, recently ripped Season 1 and Season 2 of The Office (British Version) to 320x213 (16:9) @ 24fps using XVid compression with a bitrate of ~350. Audio was ripped at 96Kbps MP3 48,000 Khz. The files were about 98MB each (30 minutes of video) and look great on the Treo.

I'm not sure if AcidRip has a Win32 port, I'm a Linux user, but if it does it's likely to be free under the GNU/GPL.
    Is 320x213 really 16:9?
    Plain calculation gives me 320x180...?

What am I missing?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    I get 320x180 as well, odd. I did some crop-detection in AcidRIP (instead of using manual in dvd::rip), perhaps that's throwing the resolution off.
    Pocket DVD Studio is pretty good. I like it a lot. I wish they had specific settings that balanced quality and low files sizes depending on whether or not the film is widescreen or fullscreen to maximize the Treo's screen space with just one button. I've had to fiddle with the settings way too much.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?