Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just managed to get a picture of the Motorola Q slated for release in Q2.
    It looks awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png q.png (414.0 KB, 573 views)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya
    Just managed to get a picture of the Motorola Q slated for release in Q2.
    It looks awesome.

Nice DRAWING
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    The pics I've seen look similar.

http://direct.motorola.com/ENS/natio...Selectedtab=1#

You'll have to click on the link for the Q to get a Flash pop-up.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Nice DRAWING
    if i could draw, i would have made it prettier! its a picture my friend
    We have seen pics of it before (I don't like all the wasted space on the bottom.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    (I don't like all the wasted space on the bottom.)
    That was my first reaction!
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Nice DRAWING
    LMAO my thoughts exactly. It looks cartoonish. But I've seen it firsthand its a nice little device, just not a Treo.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    LMAO my thoughts exactly. It looks cartoonish. But I've seen it firsthand its a nice little device, just not a Treo.
    and hows the treo better?
    I think that the Moto Q is Smartphone version, not full PPC version. No touch screen and that also means no MS Office programs if you need them.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Those BT headphones look more interesting to me... I hope the 700P will support the stereo BT fuctionality.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!

No touch screen and not a real PDA. Sounds like this is for the razor people, not the pda junkies on this forum. I had thought this was canceled but looks like its still in the works, they are just having troubles getting US carriers.

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/4822.html
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya
    if i could draw, i would have made it prettier! its a picture my friend
    If you say so, I still think it looks like a computer generated drawing of the device. If it is a picture of the actual device it is uglier than my first impression led me to believe, cartoonish is a good word.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    It has to be a computer drawing. Or the link Lady Treo provided. And you got a picture of it while it was floating in mid-air in a completely white room...Either way there is already a post about the Moto Q.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    Is it really that big of a deal if it's a computer generation or photo? Looking at the actual Moto link and also Msmobiles link to prototypes in the photos, I think they intend the device to look like that anyway.

I thought the Q had been cancelled by Moto?
    I got my hands on a pre-production model of the Q phone last weekend. It was Verizon branded, but unfortunately it wasn't provisioned, so I couldn't try out the EVDO, so that makes my account pretty boring.

Dang, that thing is thin! It's a touch thinner than a closed RAZR. I have to say, though, it looks kinda ugly in person. Very squarish, and that hump on the bottom looks funny. The hump makes sense on the RAZR because that's where the flip folds into, but on the Q...just looks out of place.

No touchscreen. That means this is the smartphone version of WM5, not the full fledged. Why you would go to the trouble including a keyboard and not a full OS, I just don't quite understand.

There is also a Blackberry-style wheel on the right side by where your thumb lies, if you're into that kind of thing.

The screen itself is also not centered on the unit itself. I'm thinking/hoping this is because it's a pre-production model. It adds to the ugly factor. I think they could pretty easily sex this thing up a bit - I hope they do.

I am a Treo 650 user, and have played with a 700w as well. I can't understand why Motorola is seemingly handicapping their device by not giving it a full fledged OS and touchscreen, since they put QWERTY there. I think they're making a big mistake.

But it sure is thin!
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02
    I got my hands on a pre-production model of the Q phone last weekend. It was Verizon branded, but unfortunately it wasn't provisioned, so I couldn't try out the EVDO, so that makes my account pretty boring.

Dang, that thing is thin! It's a touch thinner than a closed RAZR. I have to say, though, it looks kinda ugly in person. Very squarish, and that hump on the bottom looks funny. The hump makes sense on the RAZR because that's where the flip folds into, but on the Q...just looks out of place.

No touchscreen. That means this is the smartphone version of WM5, not the full fledged. Why you would go to the trouble including a keyboard and not a full OS, I just don't quite understand.

There is also a Blackberry-style wheel on the right side by where your thumb lies, if you're into that kind of thing.

The screen itself is also not centered on the unit itself. I'm thinking/hoping this is because it's a pre-production model. It adds to the ugly factor. I think they could pretty easily sex this thing up a bit - I hope they do.

I am a Treo 650 user, and have played with a 700w as well. I can't understand why Motorola is seemingly handicapping their device by not giving it a full fledged OS and touchscreen, since they put QWERTY there. I think they're making a big mistake.

But it sure is thin!
    I played with a Q at CES that was provisioned for EVDO. The speed for browsing the web was actually pretty good and if my Treo browsed as fast as the Q did I'm sure I would make better use of browsing the web. I like the looks of the Q in pictures but in person its not that impressive. The keys are way too small for all the wasted space they have at the bottom of the screens. I don't remember the screen being off centered unless it was only slightly and its not that noticable.
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02

But it sure is thin!
    It's Motorola. Enough said, if you've seen a lot of their other devices. They always manage to screw something up on the design and/or software.

Well, it IS an interesting device...but it's no Treo. OK...moving on
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast