Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Take a look at this Symbian smart phone

Nifty looking keyboard, 3G and 80MB memory

Doesn't look like there's a camera though
    Last edited by Hicks; 02/07/2006 at 02:26 PM.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Take a look at this Symbian smart phone

Nifty looking keyboard, 3G and 80MB memory

Doesn't look like there's a camera though
    It looks pretty sleek, here is another article

http://www.techdigest.tv/2006/02/hands_on_with_t.html
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    It uses another a totally different Sony moemory card, M2. My God!
    it looks like a TI Graphing calculator.
    Thats just a pure PDA! Who said they are dying. There is very little compromises in being a phone there. It seems in the phone/PDA battle, the worm is turning.

Surur
    It looks like they licensed RIM's TrueType keyboard: it's the QUERTY layout from the BlackBerry 7100 series. --Unless they both licensed it from a third party.

If it's even lighter or slimmer than the 7100t as the blurb suggests, and it has a good radio and BB mail, the Symbian OS, assuming it's as rock-stable as the BB OS on this device, should make for a nice upgrade from the 7100.
    Last edited by Rodolfo; 02/07/2006 at 05:00 PM.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    In my job I get emails from folks who are using those RIM devices with the keyboard like this one (they call it 'SureType', actually - not TrueType), and their emails always have massive typos in them, from the funky key layout. I call those 'SureTypos'.

It will be like ' yes I can come to New Otbqauy tomorrow with you' - instead of New Orleans, or something similar. Funny.
    Very true, especially when first starting out. Remember that these devices are meant to attract people who have been using standard phones, and this SureType is far superior to T-9 or the like. But it's actually a very elegant piece of software that I learned to use so that about 70-80 percent of my messages type out accurately and efficiently. It is definitely a compromise approach and for 20-30 percent of my messages I do have to type carefully to avoid "SureTypos" and about 5-10 percent do go out with a typo or two. It has a very useful AutoText feature that has allowed me to set two-or three-letter codes for tricky words and its dictionary (for typing, not spell-checking) does learn often-used words pretty quickly. (BTW, I just tried typing out your example and the "yes" typed as "tea", but otherwise it typed out accurately. For this case, I would have had to backspace or add a stroke to get the "yes", thus adding about an extra second to get it right.)
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.