1.    #1  

Hyundai Digital Tech debuts iBIT U250 smartphone
    Written by MobileKorea.TV
    Thursday, 19 January 2006

Hyundai Digital Technology, a Korean multimedia device maker, said Thursday that it would release iBIT U250 smartphone with flip keyboard.

IBIT U250 has a 2.8inch TFT-LCD and GUIs are changed automatically according to the size of screen shown to the user when they open or close the keyboard flip.

It has Cell Broadcast Service(CBS) that permits a number of general messages to be broadcast to all receivers within a particular region and activate specific applications through SMS. It also features a 2 megapixel CCD camera, navigation program and map data.
    The Specs is basically
    • Win CE .Net 4.3
    • 2.8 inch QVGA screen with 262144 colours,
    • EVDO,
    • GPS built-in with navigation software
    • 2 Megapixel CCD autofocus camera,
    • 64MB ram,
    • 512 MB flash,
    • flip hard keypad,
    • 400 Mhx PXA273 processor.
    • 1500 mAh battery

No wifi or bluetooth.

The iBIT U250 is--sadly--a Korea-only smartphone which runs on that rarest-of-operating systems, Windows CE.NET version 4.2, but has some nice features that might make it a winner over here as well. Like the Sony Ericsson P900 series, the iBit sports a flip down keypad which covers part of its 2.8-inch, 320 x 240 LCD, and rocks a 400MHz Intel PXA273 processor, not to mention dual-mode car/pedestrian GPS. The lack of WiFi is somewhat balanced by the inclusion of EV-DO, but phones without Bluetooth are definitely not an option for us. We're quite impressed by the internal storage, however (64MB RAM, 512MB Flash ROM), as well as the two megapixel camera. It may also be the only phone we've ever seen that comes pre-loaded with text-to-speech software for what we can't imagine to be a great audio-book listening experience (think: Tuesdays With Morrie meets OK Computer). Click on a few more shots...
    http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/07/i...ce-smartphone/

Surur

looks cool, but needs a keyboard.
  3.    #3  
    Asian phones arnt so big on keyboards, as the language is stylus-centric in any case.

Surur
    Odd flip configuration. Keypad on front and flip it open and you get less keys. Screen is bigger but thats it.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Nice form factor, I like it. Built-in GPS too; good feature.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo