Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    My big question is, does this thing support BT Stereo Headphones? This would be great.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    phatty, that's a good thing. l'll use bt for most phone stuff, but when I'm listening to music, I'll be using one of the new Shure phones w/ inline mic. That seems like a great solution to a lot of phone/mp3 player problems. Thanks.

Former long term user of the Treo line, then on to the HTC 8125/8525. Now I have graduated to the iPhone. For the first time since getting my first Treo 600, I am not constantly scanning the web looking for a better converged device.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    taylorh....just PM'd you for the unlocking instructions

Me, too!
    No support yet. That is supposedly an operating system issue, and I saw elsewhere that M$oft has said the AD2P (?) support will not be in the next upgrade as too many bluetooth headsets wou;dn't work with the current beta. Besides, I know they are going full guns to get push email (with MS Server 2003 SE2) out the door first. M$oft's never one to miss the chance to stomp on a rival (RIM Blackberry) while its down.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    FYI, I added the unlocking instructions to my previous post (#58) earlier in this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=58
    finally found a store with a dummy model. and a cingular kiosk where the salesperson actually wants my 650 and wants to take a discount off the 8125 when I buy it outright...when he gets them. another cingular kiosk who can order me a 8125 before 10am and have it the next day.

either way I def gettin this beast.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I noticed at www.americancell.com that they have Cingular 8125 for $199.99 w/Cingular contract extension
    Quote Originally Posted by winterset
    I noticed at www.americancell.com that they have Cingular 8125 for $199.99 w/Cingular contract extension
    Not quite - that's is for NEW accounts only after you qualify for Americancells $100.00 rebate for getting a full data plan.
    My Exp with Cingular 8125.
    Location Cleveland, Ohio and 60mile radius.
    Cingular 8125 x 2
    Cingular "Edge" Network

Very bad perofming network renders this device useless.
    Provisioning Goodlink OTA was very painful due to "network" issues (in other words - 20mb download took 5-6 hours on the new and improved network - which btw does not really exist in ohio - at least cleveland area)
    Streaming Audio functions to a certain degree
    Streaming Video functions 10% of the time (Tested with WindowsMobile Media and Orb Network (www.orb.com)
    Phone dialing is akward.
    WiFi is slow and switching between edge and wifi is not user friendly (wm5 issues)
    Audio is pretty good with headphones.
    Video playback (via media card) is choppy at best. Tests done using windows media player as well as TCMP. Mpg file, AVI file, WMV file.

Unsatisfied with cingular network and device quality. We are returning these phones and cancelling our cingular accounts. We currently are in testing of the 700W on the Verizon EVDO network and it functions 1000000 times better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Ames
    My Exp with Cingular 8125.
    Location Cleveland, Ohio and 60 mile radius.
    Cingular 8125 x 2
    Cingular "Edge" Network

Very bad perofming network renders this device useless.
    Provisioning Goodlink OTA was very painful due to "network" issues (in other words - 20mb download took 5-6 hours on the new and improved network - which btw does not really exist in ohio - at least cleveland area)
    Streaming Audio functions to a certain degree
    Streaming Video functions 10% of the time (Tested with WindowsMobile Media and Orb Network (www.orb.com)
    Phone dialing is akward.
    WiFi is slow and switching between edge and wifi is not user friendly (wm5 issues)
    Audio is pretty good with headphones.
    Video playback (via media card) is choppy at best. Tests done using windows media player as well as TCMP. Mpg file, AVI file, WMV file.

Unsatisfied with cingular network and device quality. We are returning these phones and cancelling our cingular accounts. We currently are in testing of the 700W on the Verizon EVDO network and it functions 1000000 times better.
    Sorry to hear the Cingular network is so lame in Cleveland, but have to say in our neck of the woods (from Midland, TX to Atlanta GA on the I20 corridor) it is as solid as a rock.

Just two observations -

1. I can't imagine trying to download any 20mb on EDGE

2. WiFi switching has been great in my experience. When I turn the WiFi radio on at home, it automatically disconnects GPRS/EDGE and routes all traffic through WiFi; turn it off, and it automatically switches back to EDGE. Only tweak I made was to turn off the use of a proxy.

Sound quality and reception has been every bit as good as my Moto v551, a very solid cell phone. Dialing is a bit clumsy on a touch screen, but voice tags work great once you set them up, and after only two days of my five day Voice Command trial, I think it will be an expensive keeper because it dials every name in my phone book without training, as well as starting and running software. In fact, it is "too cute" at times - I asked it "what is my battery status" and I get a 1950's synthezied robot voice telling me "Theee battery leevell eez ninetee threee percent"
    I'm such an *****!

The link to lokiwiz02b.zip no longer seems to work. I know I should have downloaded as soon it was posted.

Can anyone help?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    I'm such an *****!

The link to lokiwiz02b.zip no longer seems to work. I know I should have downloaded as soon it was posted.

Can anyone help?
    It seems to work if you get it directly from the xda forum thread and not the ftp server. Here is the link to the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=33796
    Jeff
    Real question is, does it unlock the 8125 - seems there are a lot of posts over there that it does not unlock its cousin over at T-Mobile (MDA)
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789