Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Where's the secret to unlocking the 8125? I found one for the 2125 on HoFo.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=843374
    Thanks!

I wonder if that works for the MDA too.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Thanks for the link! Lots of good info there!

That is the same time frame as the MDA. Now I have to decide, T-Mobile, Cingular, or unlocked.
    Jump in the pool quick before things change. I just ordered my phone (upgrade - I had to add a second year to my existing account). Price was $349 less a $50 mail in rebate - net $299; you just can't beat that. Free shipping, and they waived the $18 upgrade fee.

I've been told after three months, Cingular will give you the subsidy unlock code - best of ALL worlds for over a $400 savings from an unlocked Qtec or i-Mate.

My only disappointment is that I paid more in December for my 2125 because I wasn't eligible for an upgrade until 01/15/06. But it's still a great phone in its own right, and overall I save more this way. Anyone want a 2125?

Now, I start the delivery countdown clock!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  4.    #44  
    This phone officially sucks.

I don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81

I don't like it.
    What don't you like about it exactly? I've been thinking about getting it (or the T-Mobile MDA). Let us know why it officially sucks
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Trim, was that supposed to be a helpful review? Can you please elaborate? Are you actually using one, or do you just not like the specs?

7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    Trim, was that supposed to be a helpful review? Can you please elaborate? Are you actually using one, or do you just not like the specs?

Nope. It wasn't intended to be a review.

I don't have the time.

I was simply posting my impressions.

PS. If you want a review, I think someone posted it up at www.howardforums.com
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman

This unit is S.L.O.W WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

........WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

(jumping from programs/screen, you literally see the little clock [hour-glass?])

-Mad annoying!
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    The comments about it lagging is why I got that overclocking program. My Treo 650 is pretty slow bringing up several apps, so slow may be considered objective. I'll check out other reviews, too. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81

I don't like it.
    Have you decided to sell it being that you went ahead and unlocked it?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    placing my order on one tonight, its out on cingular site! woot!
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Jump in the pool quick before things change. I just ordered my phone (upgrade - I had to add a second year to my existing account). Price was $349 less a $50 mail in rebate - net $299; you just can't beat that. Free shipping, and they waived the $18 upgrade fee.

I've been told after three months, Cingular will give you the subsidy unlock code - best of ALL worlds for over a $400 savings from an unlocked Qtec or i-Mate.

My only disappointment is that I paid more in December for my 2125 because I wasn't eligible for an upgrade until 01/15/06. But it's still a great phone in its own right, and overall I save more this way. Anyone want a 2125?

Now, I start the delivery countdown clock!
    I still think the MDA looks better, but if the price is good, maybe I will get the Cingular. Are you really selling the 2125? It makes a good 2nd phone, it's a lightweight PDA for the weekend.

13.    #53  
    Have you decided to sell it being that you went ahead and unlocked it?
    No. I am still keeping as a fun toy to play with.

Going to hack the ROM and test out the Push Email on WM 5.0
    Does anyone have a full blown review on this phone other then saying it "sucks"? I looks pretty interesting and was wondering if I should have my corporate person order me one to test drive. if it has to many cons then I do not want to waste their time or mine.
  15.    #55  
    (First off, I just want to say that whatever I am posting is NOT intended as a review. These are just my impressions) If you want a full blown review, check out HOFO.

UPDATE: I just want to say the leaked ROM w/ PUSH Email shows a great speed improvement over Cingular's. The UI is definitely more responsive and faster at loading programs.

So..whomever that has this phone, go ahead and upgrade the ROM -you won't be sorry.

-I still wouldn't get rid of the Treo 650 though.....
    I still think the MDA looks better, but if the price is good, maybe I will get the Cingular. Are you really selling the 2125? It makes a good 2nd phone, it's a lightweight PDA for the weekend.
    The MDA (more like Qtek 9100) is better looking, but I like the look of thekeyboard on the 8125 much better than the old style chiclet keyboard. As for the 2125, I may keep it as a backup, but I'm just not into swapping phones that much.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    So what are you looking to get for the 2125?

Also, were you able to find a case for it? I can't find a suitable one anywhere except maybe one place.

Then unlocking info was removed from the post. But I asked the poster to send me the instructions. Here is what he sent me. This is unedited directly from him:
    here is the link:

unlocker: ftp://xda:xda@xda-developers.com/Upl...Lokiwiz02b.zip

active sync 4.1: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ivesync41.mspx

here are the instructions:

1. REMOVE YOUR SIM CARD!! (no SIM card in your Vario/Wizard)

2. Download the Vario unlocking tool here:
    ftp://xda:xda@xda-developers.com/Upl...Lokiwiz02b.zip

3. Connect your MDA Vario to your PC/Laptop, and create a partnership using Microsoft ActiveSync 4.1
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ivesync41.mspx

4. Unzip the file (Lokiwiz02b.zip) on your PC/Laptop and copy the "EnableRapi.cab" file to your MDA Vario by doing the following:
    a. Select the "EnableRapi.cab" file and select "Copy" from the edit
    menu (or right-click 'copy')
    b. Open "My Computer" on your PC.
    c. Open the "Mobile Device" icon.
    d. Open the "My Windows Mobile-based Device" icon.
    e. Select "Paste" from the edit menu (or right-click 'paste')

5. On your MDA Vario, open Start / Programs / File Explorer from the menu.

6. Select "My Device" from the first drop down menu.

7. Find and Run the file "EnableRapi.cab" (double-click it)

8. Click OK when prompted. You have now successfully installed the Enable Rapi program.

9. On your PC/Laptop, in the folder you unzipped in step 4, run the program "Lokiwiz.bat" (double-click it). This opens a command shell.

10. Press "U" on your PC/Laptop keyboard when prompted, and hit Enter.

11. Perform a soft reset on your MDA Vario, by pressing the small reset button located on the right side of the device with your stylus. (It may just reset itself - mine had a unlocked-deadbolt icon with "Device Unlocked" next to it - which you can remove from the Today-screen under 'settings')

12. Your device will now be fully unlocked to all GSM carriers worldwide, and you will no longer be required to insert a PIN code.
    Last edited by taylorh; 02/21/2006 at 04:55 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    The MDA (more like Qtek 9100) is better looking, but I like the look of thekeyboard on the 8125 much better than the old style chiclet keyboard. As for the 2125, I may keep it as a backup, but I'm just not into swapping phones that much.
    Interesting that you and Lady Treo like the T-Mobile MDA's looks better. I actually like the "boxier" look and darker color of the Cingular 8125. I've been looking at a lot of other handhelds, but looks like I'll have to get one of these since some of the others are slated for a European release only and I won't be able to afford them without U.S. carrier support. 8125 here I come! (maybe )
    A question for those who already have the 8125: are you on the $39.99/mo. Data Connect Unlimited plan, or were you able to get away with the the $19.99/mo. MediaNet plan (as Treo users have been able to)?

Just wondering if there are any device limitations with the 8125 that would prevent someone from using the same trick.

Thanks.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast