Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    My Cing 8125 will arrive tommorrow. (It's currently on the FedEX truck for delivery)

I am not sure I am getting rid of my Treo 650 yet...PUSH with Chatter is so invaluable to me to trade.

I guess I will wait for a WM5.0 PUSH Email solution to finally get rid of the Treo.

In the mean time, I can have a new toy to play with.
    When will this be available for consumer purchase? Anyone know? Still nothing on the website.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Yes, and I was very depressed looking at the UK T-Mobile site. But the MDA and SDA are coming in the middle of February for US T-Mobile. FINALLY!!
    T-Mobile's Data Network is not healthy. Yes they have cool phones!
    When will this be available for consumer purchase? Anyone know? Still nothing on the website.
    My local store still has the Feb. 20 working date for the MDA, but they say they never know when they'll actually get them or how many they'll get. They said that, based on experience, they could get it up to a week ahead of schedule, or not for weeks after that. My own experience is that bigger markets like Chicago -my former home and still-second home- are likely to get it on time and Detroit-size markets will be a little slower.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Look how long it took for Verizon to release the i730 I believe it is. They had it for business for a few months before they released it to the mainstream public.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Cingular must have upgraded the towers recently, 6 months ago I would agree with coverage in NorCal, but now I get great reception.
    Something like 300 new Cingular sites have been added in the last year in California. It's a big-assed state so I don't know how much that impacts coverage. They already had a pretty decent network that just needed improvements, maybe that's what they did.

I know within the last week they added a new Cingular Blue site near my house. There were parts and specifically one side of my bedroom where I 100% of the time would not be able to get a 'blue' signal "No coverage." Now I get full strength all over my house.
    The Orange network (the now T-Mobile network) always had great coverage here so my phone would roam in to T-Mobile in that case before this new site.

So I've been skeptical, I'm not convinced that Cingular intends to make their network robust.
    I was a big scared because I read over on hofo that as of Feb 1 they were starting to migrate people from prefer "orange" to prefer "blue" by re-programing SIMs over the air. I was afraid I'd lose reasoable coverage at my house when they eventually cut us off from T-Mobile (orange) roaming.

That's one thing with Cingular. When it works, it works well. But it may not work in the boonies depending where in the country you are.
    By way of comparison Verizon works everywhere including the boonies, but it may not be all that great or it may be fringe coverage.
    That's been my experience so far.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Cingular has announced it will be available on www.cingular.com tomorrow (2/10) and in stores at the end of the month:

http://cingular.mediaroom.com/index....ases&item=1450
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Something like 300 new Cingular sites have been added in the last year in California. It's a big-assed state so I don't know how much that impacts coverage. They already had a pretty decent network that just needed improvements, maybe that's what they did.

I know within the last week they added a new Cingular Blue site near my house. There were parts and specifically one side of my bedroom where I 100% of the time would not be able to get a 'blue' signal "No coverage." Now I get full strength all over my house.
    The Orange network (the now T-Mobile network) always had great coverage here so my phone would roam in to T-Mobile in that case before this new site.

So I've been skeptical, I'm not convinced that Cingular intends to make their network robust.
    I was a big scared because I read over on hofo that as of Feb 1 they were starting to migrate people from prefer "orange" to prefer "blue" by re-programing SIMs over the air. I was afraid I'd lose reasoable coverage at my house when they eventually cut us off from T-Mobile (orange) roaming.

That's one thing with Cingular. When it works, it works well. But it may not work in the boonies depending where in the country you are.
    By way of comparison Verizon works everywhere including the boonies, but it may not be all that great or it may be fringe coverage.
    That's been my experience so far.
    So when Cingular promises more bars and coverage in those commercials, you think they're full of BS? I know commercials always BS to some degree, but they at least have to somewhat meet the promise.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    Look how long it took for Verizon to release the i730 I believe it is. They had it for business for a few months before they released it to the mainstream public.
    Read your sig. CONGRATULATIONS!!

On the other topic, Verizon used to be SLOW getting out the cool phones to the public. I guess that changed with the 700w.

Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Cingular has announced it will be available on www.cingular.com tomorrow (2/10) and in stores at the end of the month:

http://cingular.mediaroom.com/index....ases&item=1450

Thanks for the link! Lots of good info there!

That is the same time frame as the MDA. Now I have to decide, T-Mobile, Cingular, or unlocked.

Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    hehehe - I've already downloaded an app to overclock the 200mhz OMAP! Maybe I'll get an 8125 to load it onto in the near future People on Howard are running it pretty well at 240mhz so far without issues and seem to think it makes a pretty significant difference.

here is a download link if anyone is interested -
    ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com...Clock_v0.2.zip

here is a link to the discussion -
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=840086

fingers crossed!

Read your sig. CONGRATULATIONS!!

On the other topic, Verizon used to be SLOW getting out the cool phones to the public. I guess that changed with the 700w.
    Thank you, he's my little Mixedican.
    Well I'll have to check out the reviews for the 8125 and compare them to the MDA for T-Mobile. I'm getting something new here in the next month or so...this Motorola SLVR just isn't cutting it.
  14.    #34  
    OK, MY CINGULAR 8125 came in today via FedEx

Pros:
    -Size is pretty well, not a 1-hander specifically..but pretty decent
    -WIFI is neat (Treo 650 doesnt have this)
    -Camera is nice

Cons:
    -THIS THING IS SLOOOOWWWWWWWWWW! (Maybe I need this oveclock it or something)
    -Keyboard lights NEVER turn on automatically (is there a hack for this?!)
    -I needed to soft reset RIGHT AFTER LOADING MSN MESSENGER!

Overall, this 8125 is too laggy for me. And not to mention, I found myself using the stylus WAY TOO MUCH (with the Treo 650, I hardly ever had to)

I probably will use this as a standard PDA (my toy) for now...until some good hacks/ROM updates come out.

The Treo 650 will STILL be my MAIN phone. (Cant beat the chatter/verichat combo)
    Thanks for the post. You're not the first to mention the same drawbacks.
    This makes me feel better about waiting for a something else in the future (Treo 700w?, Moto Q?, iPAQ 6900?)
  16. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Mine came today. It is going back. I am keeping Treo 650.....waiting for Hollywood. Treo is just way better one handed. 8125 has some coolness about it but usability/speed not quite there for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Thanks for the post. You're not the first to mention the same drawbacks.
    This makes me feel better about waiting for a something else in the future (Treo 700w?, Moto Q?, iPAQ 6900?)
    Only if they add more memory for the GSM 700w would I even consider it. Moto Q is for Verizon as of now and supposedly no touchscreen(I think it's smartphone version). The iPAQ 6900 might be worth it, but that 240x240 screen .

Since one-handedness isn't always necessary for me, I think I'll try this or one of it's many cousins. Next month probably.

18.    #38  
    OK, I just SUCESSFULLY UNLOCKED this unit and just tried running it with a T-Mobile SIM Card.

Works great.

Like I mentioned above however, this phone is way tooo slow.

I will try to update to the LEAKED ROM (with push email) sometime soon. See if that helps in performance.
    Where's the secret to unlocking the 8125? I found one for the 2125 on HoFo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    Well I'll have to check out the reviews for the 8125 and compare them to the MDA for T-Mobile. I'm getting something new here in the next month or so...this Motorola SLVR just isn't cutting it.
    Keep it for a fun phone. How does the music function work? Does it really work as an MP3 phone?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast