1.    #1  
    Well I really wanted to like it. I have a 650 I really like, but also in the past had a Dell Axim that I liked alot also. So I thought I'd get a 6700 and give it a try. I returned it today and have gone back to my 650. There wasn't any single reason I didn't like the 6700 but just alot of little things. To start with the 6700 was very quirky, especially when I tried to use alot of the software I had formally used with my Axim. Programs like BatMemTime, Launcher, WisBar, etc. all ran but had one problem or another. There were lots of other things that were just plain annoying. For example the scrolling in IE. Not being able to easily customize the softkeys. No shortcut to the speed dial screen. Now I know alot of these can be fixed thru various hacks, but after a while I just got tired of having to fix things that aren't problems in my Treo. The single biggest complaint I had though was not enough buttons to launch programs as compared to my 650. I found I was constantly having to use the stylus and really missed the ease of use of the 650. What I did like about the 6700 was EVDO and WiFi. If my 650 had these two features I wouldn't even be thinking about switching. Well I guess I'll keep my eye on the 700w and when/if it is released to Sprint I may give it at try. Maybe it's implementation of WM5 is more user friendly than the 6700. Or if a 700p comes out with EVDO, I may look at it also.
    Last edited by WolfpackFan; 01/30/2006 at 08:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Rumor has it that the new Treo 700P will have EVDO, WiFi Wireless G, 128mb user upgradeable RAM, 128mb ROM, 524Mhz CPU, same size screen as the current but 640x640 screen resolution, BlueTooth 2.0, mini USB port, 3.5mm stereo headphone plug, SD card unlimited size restriction, New super lithium-ion battery, 1/2 the size and weight of the current one, but double the capacity......................then I woke up. God Bless
    If the 700p does have wifi and evdo, then I think most POS users will stay.

I liked the size of the 6700 but I also missed the extra hard buttons as well. I understand the tweaking/hacks argument, it's not really something that a POS user is used to coming from a treo. Once you do it though, it's not that hard.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by jdeluna
    Rumor has it that the new Treo 700P will have EVDO, WiFi Wireless G, 128mb user upgradeable RAM, 128mb ROM, 524Mhz CPU, same size screen as the current but 640x640 screen resolution, BlueTooth 2.0, mini USB port, 3.5mm stereo headphone plug, SD card unlimited size restriction, New super lithium-ion battery, 1/2 the size and weight of the current one, but double the capacity......................then I woke up. God Bless
    Wait about 5 yrs.
    But I would settle for the high speed data plus wi-fi B, 320x320 screen, 64RAM with 128ROM, 312 processor, BT 1.2 and no antenna; if they would just announce the release of the damn thing!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Why does eveybody think the non-existent (sorry for editorializing) mythical 700p will have a feature set to put the M$izon 700w to shame. A 320x320 screen alone will stop buyers in their tracks, much less built-in WiFi and a real memory chip.

I just can't see Palm's new partners being to happy about selling a second rate phone.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  6.    #6  
    One more thing that I want to add that contributed with my dissatisfaction with the 6700. Chatter is a far superior email client to what is on WM5. I found myself really missing Chatter. Now I realize if I get a 700w, I would have same problem. I guess I would have to hunt around to find something comparable to Chatter, that is for sure. I sure wish the Chatter author could do a version for WM5.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Why does eveybody think the non-existent (sorry for editorializing) mythical 700p will have a feature set to put the M$izon 700w to shame. A 320x320 screen alone will stop buyers in their tracks, much less built-in WiFi and a real memory chip.

I just can't see Palm's new partners being to happy about selling a second rate phone.
    Wishful thinking? But it better have something more than a good screen, or it won't be worth buying anymore than the 700w is!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss

According to reviewers, they are already selling a second rate phone with WM5.

All said, the big question is whether the Palm OS has the driver to support the EVDO radio. I've heard that this is not yet done, and won't be until Linux Palm OS.

Sigh.
    The 6700 looks good on paper but is pretty terrible in person. Awful SMS, speakerphone, web browser, screen resolution, battery life, lack of hard buttons, lack of illumination on buttons, weak earpiece volume, slow OS that needs massive registry hacks to make it useful, etc.

If you don't NEED WiFi or EV-DO, the 6700 does almost nothing better than the Treo 650 that was released in 2004!!