Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Well if the US GSM carriers were not so slow in releasing the Wizard aka MDA aka K-Jam, I wouldn't have had to buy the 2125 . I wonder why the CDMA carriers had no problem releasing their versions on time. But the 2125 is better than the RAZR. I'm dumping those ASAP. Although they are cool, I'm going back to smartphones. One more month and I'm going keyboard too. But the 2125 is really good as a 2nd phone.
    Once you go keyboard you never go back.

I agree with you about the 2125 although my backup phone is fortunately a leftover Treo 600. At the very worst, I can really make do with that one. It shocks me (and appalls me) that the only real visible difference between it and the 650 is the beautiful 320x320 resolution on the 650 and older, but usable 160 on the 600. Disgraceful...
    Well, I tried three sentences yesterday, and as soon as I get my thumb out of the ice bucket, I'll tell you how much I really like texting on a phone keyboard.

The 2125 is, HOWEVER, the best small phone (ie real cell phone size) phone I've ever used. I know people think it's dumb, but IF the screen were a touch screen, so you could tap or print more text when needed, it would be a jewel.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  3.    #23  
    Awesome. I'll take a look. The only draw back that I see with the 8125 is that it's only 200mhz. (and I kind of like the keyboard better on the t-mobile device ... this one is very 6700 like.)

but it does appear that options are coming. :-)

May I ask: What do you do that you end up with all of these cool phones? I work at a fairly high level of a mobility company and I don't get as many as you. Do you just buy them retail? Just curious ... I'm not prying.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky

I agree with you about the 2125 although my backup phone is fortunately a leftover Treo 600. At the very worst, I can really make do with that one. It shocks me (and appalls me) that the only real visible difference between it and the 650 is the beautiful 320x320 resolution on the 650 and older, but usable 160 on the 600. Disgraceful...
    Don't forget about Bluetooth, NVRAM, and of course a decent camera where the pictures actually look like what you shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    Not in my case. I have the 650 too, remember. But that might be because I have a LONG history with regular cell phones where T9 is all you get. I do agree that a keyboard, even a virtual keyboard(like those on many PDAs) is easier.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    Awesome. I'll take a look. The only draw back that I see with the 8125 is that it's only 200mhz. (and I kind of like the keyboard better on the t-mobile device ... this one is very 6700 like.)

but it does appear that options are coming. :-)

May I ask: What do you do that you end up with all of these cool phones? I work at a fairly high level of a mobility company and I don't get as many as you. Do you just buy them retail? Just curious ... I'm not prying.
    I'm just a gadget nut who likes to take 30 day tests. If I like the phones, I'll keep them. But of course the problem is when the next hot one comes out, then I have to sell the old ones. I have now self-imposed a restriction that I will test smart devices only. No more cool RAZRs, although the Slvr 7 runs iTunes(I'm so tempted).

I like the K-Jam(MDA) shape better too. I never really liked the look of the 6700. I may just wait for T-Mobile now that I have the 2125 to hold me over.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Not in my case. I have the 650 too, remember. But that might be because I have a LONG history with regular cell phones where T9 is all you get. I do agree that a keyboard, even a virtual keyboard(like those on many PDAs) is easier.
    Sweetheart, you just haven't spent enough time with the right keyboard.

After spending my share of time with the Samsung i600 and T9, I will never consider going back. I was at my cousin in Lincolnwood recently who wouldn't stop extolling the virtues of his Blackberry. I couldn't stand the double pressing. Usable, but even that isn't comparable at all to the keyboard when performing regular emailing.
  8.    #28  
    I'm just a gadget nut who likes to take 30 day tests. If I like the phones, I'll keep them. But of course the problem is when the next hot one comes out, then I have to sell the old ones. I have now self-imposed a restriction that I will test smart devices only. No more cool RAZRs, although the Slvr 7 runs iTunes(I'm so tempted).

I like the K-Jam(MDA) shape better too. I never really liked the look of the 6700. I may just wait for T-Mobile now that I have the 2125 to hold me over.
    What do you do contractually with the phone carriers? (Or do you just pay non-contract price?) <-- And subsidize it by selling the old phones?

... I've got to start doing this. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    In the meantime I'm using my personal Treo 650 which is keeping me connected :-)
    What is wrong with your Treo 650? Or is the "new toy" smell just drawing you to a new WM phone?

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    What is wrong with your Treo 650? Or is the "new toy" smell just drawing you to a new WM phone?

Timmay
    I'd MUCH rather keep the 650, but I'm being mandated to move to a WM5 device by my office. (Since they are paying the bill ... it's their call.)

I sort of understand the point: Our client has many more features on the WM5 devices, and most of our customers are on that platform. What can you do?
    ic... that's rough... like a Mac fanboy working for a Company that does M$.

I'll tell you, i've been waiting for the SDA and the MDA but the more and more i think about it, i might be better off getting a used Treo 600 (i liked it more then the 650 personaly). I miss the Threaded SMS, simple design and intergration. But I want Wifi and EDGE... it's a mad mad mad mad world right now...

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  12.    #32  
    Yeah it is. There isn't any perfect device.
    I have no need for wi-fi ... I like EVDO but I hate CDMA and especially Verizon. (Long story).
    I also like the simplicity and speed of PalmOS.

Oh well ... things will improve. :-)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12