Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tough trade-off: the 69xx adds Wi-Fi and WM5 but drops the full-size SD slot of the 6515. MiniSD sucks, especially if you already own a 2GBb SD card.

If you're willing to live with WM2003SE, I think the Benq p50 is the best device feature and formfactor-wise. Too bad they don't seem overly interested in selling it in the US and updating it for WM5.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    When will Sprint get one of these great devices? If ever?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Yes Scott, but now mini-SD isn't so isolated anymore. Most of the new WM5 phones have it except the 700w. They also have 1GB out now.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Yes Scott, but now mini-SD isn't so isolated anymore. Most of the new WM5 phones have it except the 700w. They also have 1GB out now.
    Sandisk has a 2 GB one now, LT.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    yes, but 4gb sd cards are also available.
    I don't know when the 6900 line will be out in the US, but I believe I may get one. Built-in GPS and wi-fi is WAY impressive over the 700w. And HP had sense enough to put 64MB RAM on it.

http://h41131.www4.hp.com/uk/en/pr/U...809b1a0b61aecd

Oh yeah, I'm sure many are interested in the push email feature.

Last edited by The Phone Diva; 02/14/2006 at 08:14 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Why, why, WHY is all the cool stuff available for use first overseas???
    I'd bet it has something to do with "free trade".
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Free trade is fine, but why does that make the US late a lot of times with the cool devices?

Here's another nice one the Samsung I-320

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/3.../index.php?p=1

Nice photo with 700w, Moto Q, i320 & HP6900

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    That Samsung is really interesting looking. If I could get an unlocked GSM version I would get it. Latest info I heard was this was not planned to be released in the U.S. so that could be a big problem. Sounds like the Q won't be available in GSM form until 2007 also!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Free trade is fine, but why does that make the US late a lot of times with the cool devices?
    Actually, the quotes and wink meant to mock "free trade"; it's a myth. The importation of phones, like that of supercomputers and avocados, is tightly limited/regulated, but that would be Off-Topic. I'm glad we'll still have HP's iPAQ 6900 and I also like this Samsung I-320 among others.
    I don't know when the 6900 line will be out in the US, but I believe I may get one. Built-in GPS and wi-fi is WAY impressive over the 700w. And HP had sense enough to put 64MB RAM on it.

http://h41131.www4.hp.com/uk/en/pr/U...809b1a0b61aecd

Oh yeah, I'm sure many are interested in the push email feature.

i was looking at the 700w, but after reviewing the specs on the 6900, it makes the 700w look a little weak
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    That Samsung is really interesting looking. If I could get an unlocked GSM version I would get it. Latest info I heard was this was not planned to be released in the U.S. so that could be a big problem. Sounds like the Q won't be available in GSM form until 2007 also!
    the q is being delayed because they are adding utms i have heard
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Our company actually has the HP 6900 in for testing and its actually nice. Other than the normal issues with WM5 and lack of true SMS and IM client its pretty nice. Can post pics if need be
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Our company actually has the HP 6900 in for testing and its actually nice. Other than the normal issues with WM5 and lack of true SMS and IM client its pretty nice. Can post pics if need be
    post some pics when you have a chance. thanks for them in advance!!!
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    The two biggest drawbacks to the HP 6900 are 802.11b (not g) and USB 1.1 (not usb 2.0.) The low res square screen is a bit of a downer too at 240x240.
    I think the screen res the big one, the other two are not really a big deal.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Here's the HP site announcement for a Summer 06 North America release-no word on carrier(s) or much else yet:
    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...2-1822489.html
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    The two biggest drawbacks to the HP 6900 are 802.11b (not g) and USB 1.1 (not usb 2.0.) The low res square screen is a bit of a downer too at 240x240.
    I think the screen res the big one, the other two are not really a big deal.
    Considering the 700w doesn't even have it built in, I'll take 802.11b for now. 240x240 does suck, but I might overlook it if they include GPS, like they said. Yeah USB 1.1 is old, but even if you have 2.0 on your computer, isn't it backwards compatible? 1.1 is a drawback though, I'll give you that.

Considering the 700w doesn't even have it built in, I'll take 802.11b for now. 240x240 does suck, but I might overlook it if they include GPS, like they said. Yeah USB 1.1 is old, but even if you have 2.0 on your computer, isn't it backwards compatible? 1.1 is a drawback though, I'll give you that.
    Absolutely. Compared to the 700w I would consider the HP to be 'better' in that it includes both GPS and 802.11b as long as the 700w isn't going to be HSDPA (which I don't know yet.) We already know the HP is EDGE only. I didn't think GPS would be all that nccessary on a phone until I was in SF last weekend and I would have found it convenient to figure out exactly where I was in relation to other places. I now think it would be really cool.

802.11b it's a big deal because I don't think 802.11g would really be any faster on the PDA. The speed limitation will be the processing power, not the wifi. I use bluetooth on my Treo for internet access and it's not much faster than EDGE, even though bluetooth is capable many times faster.
    Similar goes for the USB. USB 1.1 is pretty slow. I wouldn't want to rely on it for getting large amounts of content on and off the device (like MP3, videos, map, etc.) But this is really only needed for hot syncing. If you need to get content on the device you can always take the mini-SD card out, put it in a card reader (using USB 2.0) and get your content on that way.

So those two things are 'nice to haves' IMO but not a big deal.
    And the 240x240 screen is at least on-par with Treo 700w.
    Still it's a hard pill to swallow going from 320x320 (Treo 650) to 240x240 knowing there are WM5 devices out there with 320x240 resolution which as at least ok.

But will the 700w for Cingular support HSDPA or will it only be EDGE. I don't think we know yet. I'll take a 700w with HSDPA over and HP with GPS and EDGE any day.

I don't think I'm getting anything until I know what will be in the 700w for GSM. Well maybe I might get a moto Q as a 'toy' to tide me over until I get a REAL phone, depending on what the price will be

I'm obsessing over this way too much. All I want is a hi res display, HSDPA, Wifi, and WM5 in a Treo like form factor. Heck I'd even settle for a slide out keyboard like the 8125 although I'd prefer not to. All for under $500.
    Is all of that too much to ask!?
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    As promised here are a few pics with the new device. Sorry for the quality as I was using my T650 to take them. After playing around with device I will say low res display kinda suxs in my opinion but with the ability to browse using Wifi is nice. Camera is nice and most of all 5 way navigation works on any screen your on. Keyboard is kinda ruff and but does light up entirely so it easy to see day or night.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!
    Last edited by damigs; 10/31/2008 at 12:20 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast