Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    FINALLY! T-Mobile USA is on the ball if this is true!!

http://engadget.com/2006/01/17/t-mob...re-order-19th/

HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    In the nick of time! As a longtime T-Mo customer with my Treo 600 on its last legs, I've been hoping to hang on long enough for them to deliver this.
    Finally, is sooo right! Nice spotting, LT; thanks. From prior reports, it seems to be loaded with everything except GPS and UMA, and I'm very glad they went with the antenna-less Wizard. Hopefully, going with their own brand, the quality control will be better than with the HP 6315 and Treo 600 models, especially since this has been out in Europe, at least, for several months.

I saw a Feb 20 date for the MDA on a Howard Forums thread. We'll see...
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Yes, I'm with T-Mobile and have been waiting for this a long time. Pre-orders are suppose to be Jan 19th...today, but seems nobody at T-Mobile knows about this yet. So we shall see. I will be getting one of these ASAP!!
    i saw this to.. though i'm going 2 wait til my contrat is up in march. i wish they choose the black model instead of the silver one. Would have look more profesional.

But now the question remains... what am i going to do with my Tungsten T2?

Timmay
    Last edited by bigredgpk; 01/19/2006 at 07:25 PM.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    My contract is up end of this month.....so looks like another 2 years for me!! Of course I've been with T-mobile for 5yrs...or should I say Aerial, Voicestream, etc...anyway just glad it's finally gonna get here, would have loved the MDA Pro they have is UK (aka HTC Universal) but will settle for this one.
    Oh that Universal is pretty, the JasJar if thats the one your talking about. I've had a chance to play with it and its and awesome device. a bit bulky but then again with all the features it has I'd trade in your left arm for one of those! I had a chance to get one but ended up cancelling at the last minute, yeah I figured $900 I could put to something of good use.
    The Universal name is an illusion for now. It's a 3G GSM device and the US is still using 20th century networks. By the time 3G is here, we may be looking for a (truly) Universal II. Personally, the Treo and Wizard are bulky enough, and I still don't like/understand the lack of any external display.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by tippymn
    My contract is up end of this month.....so looks like another 2 years for me!! Of course I've been with T-mobile for 5yrs...or should I say Aerial, Voicestream, etc...anyway just glad it's finally gonna get here, would have loved the MDA Pro they have is UK (aka HTC Universal) but will settle for this one.
    Two years? If you have been with t-mobile for 5 years I would def ask for a one year contact, take $50 off the phone, and ask for a free month. They'll do it if you call enough times and wait for hte right person.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    They're taking pre-registration orders here. Apparently the SDA will be available on 2/13 and MDA on 2/20. I must say the SDA is very appealing. Only downside is lack of EDGE/HSDPA.
  11.    #11  
    I just signed up! I want the MDA(K-Jam). And if I can get them to unlock it for use on their overseas service, even better!

They both have EDGE but no HSDPA.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I just signed up! I want the MDA(K-Jam). And if I can get them to unlock it for use on their overseas service, even better!

They both have EDGE but no HSDPA.
    LT,

What do you like better about the k-jam than the Treo 650?
    (Curious)

I have to choose a new phone for work, and I'm considering either the k-Jam, or the GSM version of the 650. Windows Mobile is actually a drawback for me so I'm looking for reasons that the k-jam device is more appealing than the Treo.

My company is "encouraging" me to get a WM5 device.
    yuk! simply not the form factor for me.

go WM5 and go Treos!
  14.    #14  
    They DO have WM5, both of them. Plus quad-band worldwide GSM. Plus no debate over the RAM, they made it clear in their specs that they have 64MB. 240x320 screen, the WM standard for many developers. Also wi-fi. And they can be found unlocked.

Or I could get a 700w and be forced to leave the phone in the US when traveling. Suck up the extra $100 for a wi-fi card. Also debate how much software to load due to the limited RAM(although I can probably only use about 10 programs anyway) and also search for developers who accommodate 240x240. Yeah, I'd like that.

The form factor is still the only thing the 700w has going for it, besides the EVDO, which GSM users don't use anyway.

15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    LT,

(Curious)

I have to choose a new phone for work, and I'm considering either the k-Jam, or the GSM version of the 650. Windows Mobile is actually a drawback for me so I'm looking for reasons that the k-jam device is more appealing than the Treo.

I actually still like the 650 better. Form factor and Palm OS. However, one thing I will always be unhappy about on the 650 is no wi-fi option. Other than that, I would still prefer to use the 650, but it's features are now running a bit behind other devices. The features on the K-Jam are better, for a WM phone. And if you're forced to move to WM5, the K-Jam has a lot to offer. The only drawback is I think it uses mini-SD instead of full size.

http://www.imate.com/t-DETAILS_KJAM.aspx
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 01/21/2006 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I actually still like the 650 better. Form factor and Palm OS. However, one thing I will always be unhappy about on the 650 is no wi-fi option. Other than that, I would still prefer to use the 650, but it's features are now running a bit behind other devices. The features on the K-Jam are better, for a WM phone. And if you're forced to move to WM5, the K-Jam has a lot to offer. The only drawback is I think it uses mini-SD instead of full size.

http://www.imate.com/t-DETAILS_KJAM.aspx
    Thanks for the reply. Wi-fi is nice, but VERY low on my list ... I was actually a little bit impressed with the 1.3 MP camera in the k-jam, but from what I understand it's not much better than the VGA in the Treo 650.

So .. if Wi-Fi isn't that important to me it sounds as if you'd recommend the Treo 650? (I'm getting that a lot ...)
  17.    #17  
    If you need no wi-fi, I think the 650 is better over any other phone.

But your problem is if your company wants WM5 and you need a keyboard, then it will have to be the K-Jam.

Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    LT,

(Curious)

if you don't travel abroad, try the Treo 700, it can't hurt to try. you might simply love what it has to offer while not having to deal with a pull-out keyboard coupled with having to turn the phone around (if you email/text a lot, you will grow tired of this quickly).

if you do travel and need gsm you should definately give one of these devices a try. i don't travel so i'm not forced into having gsm. if i did travel abroad i'd simply carry a small flip-phone for those few moments that i needed a phone. when i do travel, the laptop comes with me because i can't do my work on a small screened and lightly powered device.

i'm like you, i don't need wi-fi, it's not a necessity of mine.

give them all a try!
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    if you don't travel abroad, try the Treo 700, it can't hurt to try. you might simply love what it has to offer while not having to deal with a pull-out keyboard coupled with having to turn the phone around (if you email/text a lot, you will grow tired of this quickly).

if you do travel and need gsm you should definately give one of these devices a try. i don't travel so i'm not forced into having gsm. if i did travel abroad i'd simply carry a small flip-phone for those few moments that i needed a phone. when i do travel, the laptop comes with me because i can't do my work on a small screened and lightly powered device.

i'm like you, i don't need wi-fi, it's not a necessity of mine.

give them all a try!
    I do travel abroad. Quite frequently in fact, so GSM is a hard requirement.

The WM5 requirement is a "suggestion" by my company as our WM5 software is more feature rich. We do have a Palm client .... I could force the issue and get a 650.

I'm going to go look at a 6700 today .. it's the closest I can get to playing with a k-jam.

Thanks for all the tips.
    Has anyone seen the Samsung SCH-i830?

I went to Verizon yesterday to play with the 6700 ... I wanted to see if I could get used to the formfactor and the slide out keyboard if I got the k-jam. (Not sure I could, seemed difficult to use with one hand.)

When the sales guy tried to sell me on the 700w, I was polite in telling him that I couldn't get a verizon phone because I need GSM for frequent international travel.

He then presented to me the SCH-i830.

Apparently it has:
    - EVDO
    - Wi-Fi
    - 1.3MP Camera
    - *GSM*

With both GSM and CDMA/EVDO it would appear that this phone swings both ways.

Does anyone have any experience with it?

The only drawbacks I could see are:
    - Kinda ugly ... has a HUGE *telescopic* antenna that reminds me of a 1969 walkie-talkie
    - Windows Mobile 2003, not 2005. (Not sure if this is a huge drawback or not), other than I lose some features of my client software.
    - It's verizon, so I'm sure they locked SOMETHING down.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast