Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Last edited by pdxtreo; 02/13/2006 at 02:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Well, I sure hope the 8125 phone quality is good, or back it goes. Have never used T-Mobile, so I don't know how good they are in the first place. However, the 5600 and 2125 have been as good as my Moto v551 on Cingular, and that is the bottom line to my benchmark.
    T-Mobile performance has varied with the device -and this has been true for me with three carriers: Cellular One, Sprint, and T-Mobile. With T-M, I've had excellent reception on a Treo 270 and a Samsung E715, acceptable reception on a Treo 650 and a BB 7100t, and unacceptable reception on an HP 6315. Beyond reception, T-Mobile services and support have been excellent.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    Nice spotting, PDX. I'm surprized to see it in the PDA listing. Maybe they couldn't help themselves because it's been so long since they've been able to add to this category.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    My roommate just got the SDA today. Its a pretty nice device, with Wifi, Bluetooth, EDGE, the whole she-bang.

I just can't deal with T-9 input anymore. All these years with a full Treo keyboard have made me completely phone-keypad intolerant.
    -- Go Illini!
    I'm with you. Did your roomate get any word on an ETA for the MDA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    I'm with you. Did your roomate get any word on an ETA for the MDA?
    On HoFo, they say next week (Feb. 21st). The guy hadn't gotten any in yet.
    -- Go Illini!
    Thanks.
    Lady Treo, what's your thoughts on the T-Mo MDA? I've been a long-time Palm user as is evident in my signature and I've pretty much replicated "office" on my 650, including MS Access (Smartlist-To-Go), Oxford Dictionary, Worldmate, splashshopper, and so many other apps on my 1gb card, I'm suprised it hasn't overloaded yet. My company uses Goodlink for email, but they are supporting WM5 and the BlackBerry. I'm definitely a power user and use my treo for everything, but the memory/cache issue of the 650, the impending end of the Palm OS, etc. is strongly pushing me towards WM5.0. The mini-sd on the MDA would be a problem. And the resolution being less than the Treo 650 is not a great thing either. I definitely need GSM as I often travel overseas for work and I usually like to bring my stowaway keyboard.

Since you're using the Treo 700w, what's your thoughts on the WM OS?
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    By the way, I saw a WM 5.0 demo on Monday from a Microsoft employee who's on T-MO. He loves his MDA.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73
    Lady Treo, what's your thoughts on the T-Mo MDA? I've been a long-time Palm user as is evident in my signature and I've pretty much replicated "office" on my 650, including MS Access (Smartlist-To-Go), Oxford Dictionary, Worldmate, splashshopper, and so many other apps on my 1gb card, I'm suprised it hasn't overloaded yet. My company uses Goodlink for email, but they are supporting WM5 and the BlackBerry. I'm definitely a power user and use my treo for everything, but the memory/cache issue of the 650, the impending end of the Palm OS, etc. is strongly pushing me towards WM5.0. The mini-sd on the MDA would be a problem. And the resolution being less than the Treo 650 is not a great thing either. I definitely need GSM as I often travel overseas for work and I usually like to bring my stowaway keyboard.

Since you're using the Treo 700w, what's your thoughts on the WM OS?
    I did not get the MDA yet. I may wait till March to get it. I have too many devices now and need to get rid of a few, LOL! I also don't have the 700w, I wasn't that interested in it due to it's specs and Verizon(I'm not switiching). Maybe when it gets to GSM.

I do have WM5 on other devices. It is OK, a little slow and unintuitive, but OK. Looks good too!

Mini-SD is coming along since many devices now use it. I found 1GB mini-SD cards on the net. My friend has a device that uses micro-SD, if you can believe that!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I played around with the SDA today at a T-Mobile store. It was fun to play with, but the buttons are small and poorly labled.

The Wifi worked like a charm, bluetooth looks good but i didn't get a chance to mess around with it. I liked the weight and form factor, though i would rather have the Cingular form factor with the wifi.

I'm going to give the MDA a look and see how it feels to me. If it doesn't wow me i'm going to take a step back, save money, and buy a GSM treo 600... but damn i want EDGE, Wifi, Bluetooth, and Palm OS!! am i asking too much?

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    How did the SDA compare with the Cingular 2125?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    I'm going to give the MDA a look and see how it feels to me. If it doesn't wow me i'm going to take a step back, save money, and buy a GSM treo 600... but damn i want EDGE, Wifi, Bluetooth, and Palm OS!! am i asking too much?

Timmay
    I played around with a MDA today. It was pretty nice. The keyboard is nice, different from the 650 or 600. The OS is different from the SDA, it doesn't have as good of 5-way navigation support as the Palm OS or the SDA's Windows Smartphone Edition.

The only bad part about it is that it has the same screen rez and the same processor as the SDA. It really should have at least a proc the speed of the Treo 650, and maybe a bigger screen. Its so nicely shaped and configured, you want to use TCPMP with it but the processor's prolly too slow. It is with the SDA.
    -- Go Illini!
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    How did the SDA compare with the Cingular 2125?
    Its basically the same phone, but the SDA has a full wifi connection. (802.11b) It even supports WPA, which makes it better then the Wifi Sled for the T650/600. That, and being part of a slim, nice phone. That helps.
    -- Go Illini!
    Chris, thanks! I didn't realize that the 2125 didn't have wifi. (Not that I see myself using it that much ... but all things being equal, I'd rather have the wifi).

I've got the 8125 on order now through work. *IF* it ever gets here I'll have an eval period so I'm keeping my eyes open.
  16.    #56  
    The one good thing about the 2125 though, is you can get Media Net without the hassle. Unlike with the Treo. I prefer wi-fi too, however. But EDGE is fine if you can get Media Net.

I hear both Orange and Cingular disabled the wi-fi, but does that mean the drivers are still on the device? Anyone know? Maybe there's a hack if so.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Lady Treo, I just ordered my MDA this morning, I should have by Thursday or Friday....I can not wait to get this thing in my hands. Went to the T-mobile store in the mall last week and played with it on my lunch hour...I have to say first impressions are I think I'm gonna like it better then my Treo!
    The MDA is now up on T-Mo's web site

http://t-mobile.com/products/overvie...1895&class=pda
    Ok, just one question about the MDA. I remember the thread about the Sprint PPC-6700 / QTek 9100. The PPC-6700 has only one set of grooves / railings on each side for the sliding keyboard. This makes the PPC-6700 kind of cheap since when sliding it up and down sometimes one side will slide up or down farther than the other side until it's completely slid open. I can confirm this as I have played with the PPC-6700 in a local Sprint store. People on this forum who have a QTek 9100 say that the QTek 9100 has two sets of grooves / railings on each side so the slider mechanism is more stable (each side staying even with the other when sliding open or closed) and it doesn't feel as "cheap".

So now to my question, does the MDA have two grooves / railings on each side as well or is it like the PPC-6700?
    I just took delivery of my company issued 8125 this morning.

A few pleasant surprises: Screen rotation is wicked fast (unlike the Sprint 6700).

A few disappointments:
    - This thing is in dire need of a "windows/start" button and an "ok" button similar to what the Treo 700w has. You simply can't do one-handed or even stylus free operation without. (If someone has another method that I have yet to figure out please let me know ... I'm a WM5 newbie here)
    - Xpress mail is giving me fits during setup. I'll probably throw our OneBridge client on here this week, but waiting for a few things to be setup on the server side ... so even if I don't get Xpress mail working, it will be a short problem. (non-issue really)

- The "notes" part of WM5 simply sucks in comparison with the memopad option on Palm OS. HELP!

- Call quality is worse than my Treo
    - Ring volume (volume is an oxymoron here)

Overall, I'm still exploring and am pleased so far .... more to come.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast