1.    #1  
    I love the Treo. Great phone. But it lacks two features that I would REALLY like to have in my pocket: an FM radio, and a half-decent camera like that in the Sony Ericsson K750 (I really don't want to carry round a phone, a radio and a camera).

There are, however, several things that I would desperately miss if I were to foresake my Treo for a different phone. Among them are:
    *Individual SMS ringtones (using Callfilter)
    *Bdicty.
    *Popclock5.
    *Agendus.
    *Missed call notification (using Butler)
    *Great SMS management.
    *The bright, clear QWERTY keypad.
    *Crisp screen.
    *Last but not least, a good sense of being part of a community on the web.

Does anyone know of a phone that would give me the radio and the decent camera as well as features equal to or similar to the ones I've mentioned above?

Thanks.
    there is a fm radio card that works with the 650.. check the multimedia section
    If you like the treo- I would wait and see what the next pos treo has. It might have an improved camera. As far as a radio- why not just put a stream on there. I listen to the music and news via streaming.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I never understand the camera thing. It's nice to have but seems not an essential. None of them are great. I'd never get rid of a phone if all I didn't care for was a mediocre camera.
    Slinky: I take pictures all the time (and now that I have the 6600, it's videos too). I have kids, pets, toys and such that I like to keep photos of. Having the ability to take a quick snapshot of something (either for sentimental value or to share with others) seems to be very important (not just to me but evidently a lot of people who buy camera phones or pdas with cams on them). Grandparents hound me to take pics/videos of the kids doing stuff all the time ;-)

IMO because cell phones almost all have some type of camera on them, it is becoming the 'norm' and more and more people want to get the most out of their device.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Slinky: I take pictures all the time (and now that I have the 6600, it's videos too). I have kids, pets, toys and such that I like to keep photos of. Having the ability to take a quick snapshot of something (either for sentimental value or to share with others) seems to be very important (not just to me but evidently a lot of people who buy camera phones or pdas with cams on them). Grandparents hound me to take pics/videos of the kids doing stuff all the time ;-)

IMO because cell phones almost all have some type of camera on them, it is becoming the 'norm' and more and more people want to get the most out of their device.
    100% agree with you sir. i love to be able to whip out my T700 at a moments notice and take a quick pic or video. i've even used mine to take photos of a project to show the customer service people at a home improvement store. landscaping shots to take up to the gardening place. then there's always the pool scene in Las Vegas!!
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    I never understand the camera thing. It's nice to have but seems not an essential. None of them are great. I'd never get rid of a phone if all I didn't care for was a mediocre camera.
    I don't use the camera either. But it's good to have in cases of emergency. Unfortunate, but true. I have heard of cases. I never had to use it myself, but one never knows.

However, it'll still never be on my top 5 of what to look for in a device.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho

Another cool thing you can do with a Treo's camera: www.scoopt.com. You can turn your Treo into a news camera.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I don't use the camera either. But it's good to have in cases of emergency. Unfortunate, but true. I have heard of cases. I never had to use it myself, but one never knows.

However, it'll still never be on my top 5 of what to look for in a device.
    I've heard of those emergency cases, such as when people forget to bring their video camera on a date.

Actually I agree with all your posts about it being nice to have the camera. Sure it is but I can't imagine prioritizing it in any way over the phone, pda and wireless features. It's a great extra and having an OK cam is just fine.

Of note, they are starting to get banned here in NY with some regularity. They are already banned in health clubs because of the "emergency" cases where people wanted to get photos of some cuties in compromising positions and post them on the Internet....