1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Wow what more could you want in a phone. Well maybe a touch more styling couldn't hurt. Some the things it says here is that it will run both OSs XP and WM5, zero lag switching between them! It has got all kinds of ports as well. It will be interesting to see if this comes through. Now this is what I call bleeding edge. Go read some to get the scoop on this thing.

Last edited by NRG; 01/13/2006 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Noticed it had been posted earlier, though the thread title left a little to be desired.
    I think someone posted about this before?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I did awhile ago....but it's been so long I thought maybe this was their second release that they said they would eventually come out with.

Most reviews at the time I posted it said, nice device....but really want to look at the next gen of it.
    HI, What is the size and weight??? Is it me, or does it seem a Little too big. take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    All it needs is a big whip antenna and we are back to the 80's! Man that thing looks huge!
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Seems a silly product in a way. Their web site says nothing about specs except some of the useless addons like 3 USB ports (why?) but no built in keyboard. It's all run via Windows Tablet PC. I think these are computer generated images and it looks a lot bigger than it should be. I'm guessing it's going to be hefty...
    It's probably bigger than the Sony U50/71. Why don't you get a U71 and a CDMA data CF card and call it a day? It's actually not vaporware.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    It's probably bigger than the Sony U50/71. Why don't you get a U71 and a CDMA data CF card and call it a day? It's actually not vaporware.
    I highly doubt it is that large. I bet it is the size of a treo.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    It seems to be a little larger than the treo.

a little?
    Interesting how they have wm5 and xp on the same machine. Perhaps in future one operating system will be available for both desktops and mobile devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I highly doubt it is that large. I bet it is the size of a treo.
    lol, not even close, checkout this video: http://reviews.cnet.com/DualCor_cPC/...7-6414596.html
    1 | 2
    Looking at the video, I could see some real slick enterprise solutions being met with this device. But quite a bit overkill in size, features (dual processor for 2 OS, 40 gig HD, 1 gig RAM, size, price at aroudn $1,500 etc...) for anyone not in business.

I would personally LOVE to have this as a second device....as it really could be a TRUE laptop replacement while on the road. Add a BT keyboard and BT mouse and you are set. Does it have built in WIFI? Is so it is packed.
    too much bulk to be my phone replacement, but definately a "laptop killer" and with 3 usb ports you could easily hook up a printer, external dvd-rw, harddrive, keyboards, mouse etc when needed. I like it
    HTC Touch Pro
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Wow that thing is much larger than I thought! First thing that comes to mind is a CarPC.
    Hi, It seems like you will need a backpack to carry it around. I will stay with my 650 until the next upgrade using the PALM OS. Take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Pretty damn impressive. I wouldnt buy one, not just because of the price, but damn that thing is sweet.