PXA27x 416 Mhz processor
    128 MB ROM/64 MB RAM
    UMTS 3G telephony
    802.11g WiFi and BT 2.0
    GPS Reciever SiRFIII

Two cameras - one 2 megapixel and one VGA
    Dimensions: 126 x 64 x 21 mm
    Weight: 190g
    Release date: Summer 2006. To be announced on 13 February at 3GSM conference.

The Hollywood Treo is going to have an uphill battle.

Surur
    I'll take one.
    When and who do you think will have 3G here in the US?
    Cingular is supposed to roll out HSPDA/UMTS, though I'm not sure they'd have this model. The US is slower getting advanced devices.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4.    #4  
    Due to the low resolution this will never replace my PDA, but I'm thinking of getting one of these as a smartphone.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    I'll take one.
    When and who do you think will have 3G here in the US?
    3g is ev-do on the cdma carriers, so its already here. as far as gsm it will be shortly.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    The Motorola Q looks awfully, good, too: http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/pro...0,,113,00.html
    Here are some links:

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Po..._2006?site=PPC

http://www.engadget.com/2006/01/12/f...ails/#comments

The dimensions of this thing look interesting:

Treo 700w (4.4x2.3x0.9 ) vs Loox T800 (126 x 64 x 21 mm)

Normalizing units to inches its:

700w (4.4 x 2.3 x 0.9) vs T800 (4.7 x 2.52 x 0.83)

Not that bad imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Rather industrial looking. Hatin' that 240x240 screen, Lovin' that built-in GPS.

When I saw the title of this thread, though, I thought you were going to have a picture of the Treo 650.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    i don't think that motorola Q has a touchscreen. I try to use my stylus as little as possible, but the touch screen is still sometimes necessary. Correct me if I'm wrong about that Q.

That Pocket Loox is loaded with features. Too bad about the 240x240 and the WM. Substitute 320x320 and POS and it's mine.
    I think this is definitely a Treo700W killer just by its specs alone and I am tempted to drop my 6700 in favor of this one but probably will not. UMTS is only rated at 200-320kbps (doesn't seem to have HSPDA which clocks in at 500-700kbps) whereas my 6700's EVDO is 400-800kbps and I don't want to give up my 320x240 screen for this device's 240x240 screen. Close...
    I like it!!! It should make for an excellent smartphone for the GSM customers.

The Q looks like an old Franklin pocket dictionary... Yuck!!! And it's too wide.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badler
    The Motorola Q looks awfully, good, too: http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/pro...0,,113,00.html
    Youre right - its awful...!

The Pocket Loox looks very interesting. Think I'll put my planned SirfIII Bluetooth GPS on hold for a while, and see if we can have a 700p GSM in Europe by the end of the year. If not I would possibly drop POS and go mainstream...
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    why would you want 2 cameras?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by tDot
    why would you want 2 cameras?
    Video calls. The 2MP one is for photos, the VGA one is for making video calls to other people.

Surur
    What OS is this?
  16.    #16  
    Windows Mobile 5 Phone Edition (not smartphone).

Surur
    ROFLOL.

some of you have been touting Treo 650 killers for at least a year, yet the Treo is still the most successful smartphone in the U.S.

And now you're starting out all over again. Time will tell, but I sure wouldn't call Palm down for the count just yet.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    ROFLOL.

some of you have been touting Treo 650 killers for at least a year, yet the Treo is still the most successful smartphone in the U.S.

And now you're starting out all over again. Time will tell, but I sure wouldn't call Palm down for the count just yet.
    I think the big difference is the Treo 600 set the standards when it came out. But with the skimpy mem, no wifi, etc... with the 650 and the 700w.....others are now setting the standards that Palm is not holding up to.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I think the big difference is the Treo 600 set the standards when it came out. But with the skimpy mem, no wifi, etc... with the 650 and the 700w.....others are now setting the standards that Palm is not holding up to.

You also have to consider price. Even with all the "skimpy" specs of the 700w, the thing is still VERY expensive imo at +$600 USD unsubsidezed. The T830 will probably be priced even higher than that! I don't care how impressive the specs are, but not that many people are to spend near a grand for a smartphone...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    ROFLOL.
    Palm was dumb. At the time they were murdering the competition. But those idiots let others catch up while Palm played games by dumbing down their products so we'd have to buy more of them on an upgrade path.

Well my friend, laugh no longer. With so many new devices with specs that are beating Palm hands down, Palm is realizing that its form factor alone may not do the trick. The Loox and the Razrberry are now two devices that will absolutely give the 700w and Palm a run for the money. 700w owners will not feel any love for Palm seeing what else is coming out that is blowing away their phones -- and performance. In fact, I'd say other than the hardware that is starting to be a little bulky in comparison to other phones, Palm is fast becoming just another item on the shelf that is looking less impressive every month.

And with the Palm OS in limbo, Palm might see a huge drop in sales since it's facing a LOT more competition in the Windows market. There really were no true competitors with the Palm OS and at that time Microsoft's mobile OS was still in its infancy... the day of reckoning is soon on hand.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast