Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    USB Host is a cool feature. Its what your desktop has, which allows you to connect peripherals to it. It allows your handheld to read USB thumb drives, use keyboards over USB, use USB mice, connect to USB external HDD's , print over USB etc etc.

In the age of bluetooth its probably not as useful as it may appear, but its a really cool feature to have, and especially with USB thumb drives proliferating like mad, it would make it easy e.g. to copy a document to and from a friend or colleague's thumb drive (which would really impress them).

Surur
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Battery - maybe ok since it's replaceable
    USB-host seems to be nice.

Anyone who can comment on the memory capabilities for use with WM?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Nice. I like the placement of the microphone.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol
    The first thing that struck me about it is that not much of the front is actually screen.
    It's even worse than I thought. *Enormous* black borders around the screen:

http://www.mobile-review.com/exhibit...-2006-en.shtml

Is that right?
  5.    #85  
    Its thought the final version would not have that glaring rpoblem.

Surur
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Its thought the final version would not have that glaring rpoblem.

Surur
    Seems like all devices with WM5 is suffering from this 'big black border' problem more or less - if we should judge from the pics marcol links to in his post above...
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    Seems like all devices with WM5 is suffering from this 'big black border' problem more or less - if we should judge from the pics marcol links to in his post above...
    The iPaq hw6900 shown in the linked page does seem to have bbb syndrome too but other WM5 devices seem ok. See for instance the JAMin and K-JAM (Prophet and Wizard) pics in this review:

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=por...reviews&id=783

700w seems to be a bit of a sufferer:

http://www.mobileburn.com/gallery.js...source=RELATED

Not nearly as bad as the Fujitsu Siemens T800 shown in those pics though. I expect Surur is right and they're of a pre-production device. Really, they couldn't release it like that. People would laugh!
    Yeah, I noticed the BBB on the 700w I played with at a Verizon store recently. Not anywhere near as bad as that Loox, but I noticed it right away.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    It appears that BBB only affects devices with a 240x240 screen
    Bump. Any new news for this device in the USA?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Bump. Any new news for this device in the USA?
    I emailed F-S a couple months ago and they firmly indicated they have no plans whatsoever of bringing the Loox 800 series to the U.S.
    I read on another thread that Mobileplanet.com might carry it. Anywho, I'm gonna wait for the reviews on this thing before I even think about anything else related the the LOOX. That and if they plan on making a CDMA model for Sprint/Verizon. I hear this baby is a GSM with the UTMS data service. CDMA wise, ya just can't beat Sprint's data prices...
    Is it released yet? I mean anywhere in the world???
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Bump. Any new news?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    I read on another thread that Mobileplanet.com might carry it. Anywho, I'm gonna wait for the reviews on this thing before I even think about anything else related the the LOOX. That and if they plan on making a CDMA model for Sprint/Verizon. I hear this baby is a GSM with the UTMS data service. CDMA wise, ya just can't beat Sprint's data prices...

I'm with you -- if Sprint carries this, _even with 240x240 *barf*_, I'll be one of the first to buy one!
    Still waiting. Lot's of phones look good on paper (or the web). Not as many suceed in where the rubber meets the road. The Q (also mentioned above) is underwhelming many (although I'm sure it's selling well due to its price).
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  17.    #97  
    Many review units are floating around at the moment. Some problems has been identified (such as the BBB (big black border) and the GPS currently does not include the AGPS feature, which would provide faster fixes, and the video driver is still giving problems) and it now appears the device has been pushed back to September.

Read more here http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

Surur
    Just saw the link and the 5-minute video. Looks very interesting. Can't wait till the final specs are released and all that fun review stuff that comes with it. Wonder if Walt Mossberg will eventually review the Loox?
  19.    #99  
    Interestingly, the review quotes USB 2 host and slave, when USB 1.1 has always been in the specs. One can only hope that was not a mistake.

Surur
    Here's more info on the Loox series, via this other company, Radvision (something about videoconferencing)...

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/fo...113fc2beb806f7

http://www.radvision.com/NR/rdonlyre...sion%20Loox%22
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast