1.    #1  
    I want to get a small phone so I don't have to take my mini brick out on weekend nights, would there be a problem swapping the ESNs on Sprint every now and then? Is it possible?
    1 | 2
    Not yet.....sometime, hopefully this next year, they will be upgrading their system to a virtual SIM card swap. So all you have to do is send an email or make a quick phone call to switch ESNs. This is possible with the 3G network, which is why everyone phone has been assign a unique ID for each phone (first initialLastnameNumber@sprintpcs.com or Jdoe1679@sprintpcs.com).

Right now I just usually give out my landline phone number and then just forward to whatever phone I am using when I leave the office.
    you CAN do an ESN swap between sprint phones, I did it. I hated carrying my treo with me out so I bought a second phone and made the 2nd phone my promary number (with my old treo phone number) and had my treo assigned a new number....worked perfectly and they share minutes on my plan. All I had to do was call them and they were swapped in a matter of hours.
    Yes, this can be done....but not on the fly every time you leave your office. That is what is coming down the line.
    Well my treo's out of commission now... so yes. But I've also done it when going on trips in fear of losing my treo.

BTW-- thinking of upgrading my phone. I was interested in the Sprint Blade (samsung a900)... I have a treo 600. Should I just upgrade to a 650???
    Currently using: Sprint Treo 650!!
    Palm Pilot - Palm V- Handspring Visor - Samsung i500 - Treo 600
    Does the ESN have to be pre authorized? Does it have to be carrier specific?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    You have to have a Sprint phone to use it on the Sprint network.....if that answers your question.
  8.    #8  
    So to switch ESNs I'd have to call Sprint everytime? Definitely look forward to the 'virtual SIM' you speak of...
    1 | 2
    If you're planning on ever using Sprint's Upgrade Program this action will reset your eligibility date everytime you swap between phones. I've done this and after two years I discovered I was not eligible for the rebate based on the fact that the phone currently on my plan had not been activated for a 2 year timeframe onto the account.