Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    That's pretty cool but I own a Treo 650 now.. The only thing I REALLY loved about the 6700 was the way it browsed the web.. That's some great stuff. Otherwise, I'm now very happy with Verichat and Chatter email (I used to use Snappermail - just as good)...

Another complaint about the PPC 6700 was the keyboard. It was nice but the antenna got in the way on the left side.. Somehow or another, I can key much faster on the Treo 650.. I guess I'm just used to it...
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
    yea you're just used to it, I was the same way at first but after giving it more time I find the 6700 keyboard to be more comfortable and I'm able to type faster on it.

if the antenna was in your way you weren't holding it correctly
    1 | 2
    Arguably if you use the web a LOT, the improved browsing is enough to make some users jump.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I use the web a *lot* on my 650 and after trying out the 6700 for two weeks, I returned it and went back to the 650. PIE was faster at downloading pages, sure. But it was also slower to use (for example, scrolling through pages/links took longer). It still didn't offer multi-window (aka "tabbed") browsing, and the 3rd party solutions weren't WM5 compatible. Once that is remedied (which it may have been already), the 6700 would certainly look even better for heavy web browsing users.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    too much fumbling around in my opinion. not sure where the acceptance point is with some. after having to pull out the keyboard twice in 60 seconds i might go nuts! i suppose if you don't ever have to respond via keyboard it wouldn't be that bad. the twisty/turny over to landscape is another disturbance if you have to type/respond a lot.

why i like the treo form factor. too many msgs to respond to.
    I have found that I can write faster on the screen with transcriber than I can type with any pda keyboard.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12