1.    #1  
    Hi all.. I just purchased a PPC-6700 and I love the device. I converted from a Treo 600.. Everything is great except for one thing - I can't get Pocket Outlook to automatically retrieve email from two separate accounts. It seems that no matter what I do, only one or the other is working. I know it's not working automatically because I'll have no email under one account until I do a manual send/receive..

Can anyone help? Is there a trick to this?

Thanks in advance...
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
    Sorry - that's one of the quirks of Pocket Outlook. You can set them both to send/retrieve on a schedule, but a manual send/receive will only work for the active account.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  3.    #3  
    Thank you! but I'm very disappointed to hear that. Okay. So only the active account will retrieve automatically. That leaves me with two questions.

1. How do I make sure my important account is left "active"?

2. Is there a good alternative email program that I can use? I really miss SnapperMail now..

Thank you again for replying! I know I'm not crazy now...

Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Sorry - that's one of the quirks of Pocket Outlook. You can set them both to send/retrieve on a schedule, but a manual send/receive will only work for the active account.
    Sal Collaziano
    No... automatic sync of e-mail will happen with all accounts. Manual sync will happen only on the active account - the one you're looking at when you select send/receive.

As for alternative e-mail apps - the pickins are kind of slim right now. The best alternative available is WebIS Mail, but it's not quite ready for WM5 yet.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  5.    #5  
    Ya know I think I could have explained my situation better. Sorry. Manual sync actually works the way I'd expect. My problem is - it won't auto sync multiple accounts. It auto syncs either one or the other, but not both.

I need to have email pulled from two different POP servers every 30 minutes. However, only one account is successful at this endeavor. I have to manually sync the "other" account..

Sorry I failed to explain myself properly the first time...
    Sal Collaziano
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I don't have the 6700, but I am using a Qtek 9100 and I am able to synchronize three accounts automatically without a problem. I don't do that anymore but it did work for me. I'll try again and see what happens...

Try setting the accounts up again to see if maybe there was some conflict that occured.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    I don't have the 6700, but I am using a Qtek 9100 and I am able to synchronize three accounts automatically without a problem. I don't do that anymore but it did work for me. I'll try again and see what happens...

Try setting the accounts up again to see if maybe there was some conflict that occured.
    Don't bother re-setting up the accounts. It won't make a difference.

I don't know about the Qtek 9100 (and am suprised to hear that it worked), but on the 6700 and the Treo 700w and the 6600 it will only automatically sync the active account. It's a well known problem that's been around for a while (even WM2003) and rumor has it that it will be fixed in an upcoming OS update.
    Jeff
    WebIS Mail would be a nice addition to WM 5 IF they can get the memory-hog aspects of that package under control.

As it is, one must be careful to dump the deleted Poutlook email folders and the PIE cache to avoid gobbling up the available memory now. Adding WebIS Mail to the mix would likely not work too well in it's present state.

Bob Duckworth
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I also auto sync multiple accounts. I have a QTek 9100.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.