1.    #1  
    If you are debating about getting the PPC-6700, then this phone may be of interest to you:

Don't think of this as Treo Killer, but I would classify as a potential candidate for the Universal Killer category.
    Take one dash HTC Wizard / Apache, a heaping spoonful of HTC Universal, a pinch of Zaurus, mix liberally with Japanese engineering, bake at 375°, and you've got Sharp's new Universal killer, the W-ZERO3 / WS003SH being released on Willcom. Hm, "Universal killer," didn't think we'd be saying those words so soon, eh? But this sucker
    • runs Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC
    • has a 3.7-inch VGA touchscreen
    • 416MHz Xscale processor
    • 128MB of flash
    • 64MB of RAM
    • a MiniSD slot
    • mini-USB
    • 802.11b
    • W-SIM
    • and a 1.33 megapixel camera
    Ah, this fickle heart, how easily swayed we are. Oh, and if you thought the Universal was hugemongous, well, the W-ZERO3 is still freaking ginormous at 70 x 130 x 26mm (2.75 x 5.1 x 1.0-inches) and 220g (7.75oz), but that's a bit less than the 127 x 81 x 25mm/285g size n' weight on the HTC (Universal), so chew on that.
    Here are some intereting links if you are interested in the last options coming down the line:
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/09/2006 at 01:10 PM.
  2.    #2  
    This was reported over at PDAphoneHome:

look what I found being tested on DSLR today.

273 0.487s (200k) spcsdns.net Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; SHARP/WS003SH; PPC; 480x640)
    Looks like it is being used for testing at the moment.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Bah. Another GSM/EDGE phone. That phone NEEDS 3G!!
  4.    #4  
    I FULLY agree!!!! But these things do have had a habit of making their way to 3G.....look at the PDA2k.
    Um, I posted something about this a couple of weeks back. Its actually not a GSM phone and won't be released outside of Japan. It runs only a Japanese 2G standard PDC
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Apparently the browser indent string is real, but its from the ripped Opera 8.5 which was exclusive to the Sharp, but is now floating around at XDA Developers.com and could be on any device really (but most likely the HTC wizard, as its running at edge speeds).

Surur
    neat, but ginormous

Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Apparently the browser indent string is real, but its from the ripped Opera 8.5 which was exclusive to the Sharp, but is now floating around at XDA Developers.com and could be on any device really (but most likely the HTC wizard, as its running at edge speeds).

Surur
    Actually Opera 8.5 found on XDA Developers only works on wm5 devices. Official release is coming soon.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    neat, but ginormous
    Ya I know...but apparently a little smaller than the Universal. I would like to see some side by side shots of this thing.
    I'll still take the Universal,,,,,, man I cant wait,,,,drool, drool, drool