1.    #1  
    I was looking at this device and considering changing over, but I am worried about the battery and the talk time being significantly lower than the Treo. Anyone have any comments?
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco
    I was looking at this device and considering changing over, but I am worried about the battery and the talk time being significantly lower than the Treo. Anyone have any comments?
    It is. I was getting through a full work day only with the assistance of a handy USB charge. I just received the extended battery which seems to be much better (I've only had it since yesterday) - on the order of 50-75% better.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Phurth:

Did you get the OEM extended battery? If so costs?

Is this the one that is significantly larger?

Thanks,

Bob Duckworth
    Yes, it's the OEM extended battery. It is larger and comes with a new back cover. I actually like the bigger battery as I find it easier to hold the phone securely with it on.

It cost about $40 with shipping from Tessco.

Pete
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  5.    #5  
    I am assuming it must be easy to change batteries on the PPC-6700 which would be a plus! One thing about the Treo 600 I do not like is that you are stuck with the battery situation. It is a good thing that it lasts so long!
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco
    One thing about the Treo 600 I do not like is that you are stuck with the battery situation. It is a good thing that it lasts so long!
    Technically you can change the battery in the 600 to a higher capacity...it just took a little more than simply popping off a cover.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Yes, it's the OEM extended battery. It is larger and comes with a new back cover. I actually like the bigger battery as I find it easier to hold the phone securely with it on.

It cost about $40 with shipping from Tessco.

Pete
    Are you using the Sprint supplied belt mounted case? If you have a camera, can you post pics of the phone with the extended battery attached? I'd really like to see how it looks and if it'll still fit in the OEM case.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrogers1
    Are you using the Sprint supplied belt mounted case? If you have a camera, can you post pics of the phone with the extended battery attached? I'd really like to see how it looks and if it'll still fit in the OEM case.

Thanks!
    Here is a picture I found in pdaphonehome. (thanks to manfredng)

The extended battery is amazing (if you can live with the bulk). I'm easily getting at least double the life of the standard battery. I've now had it for over a week and have not yet had my battery level drop under 30%.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    The extended battery is amazing (if you can live with the bulk). I'm easily getting at least double the life of the standard battery. I've now had it for over a week and have not yet had my battery level drop under 30%.
    WOW That is great but damn is it big. I might try the new OEM battery (route) since it almost sounds like the batteries that were shipping with the phone actually were junk. I am planning on getting it anyway and if it extends it enough I'm set, and if not, EXTENDED BATTERY HERE I COME.

Thanks Guys!
    If Guns cause crime, then Pencils cause misspelled words......
    WOW That is great but damn is it big. I might try the new OEM battery (route) since it almost sounds like the batteries that were shipping with the phone actually were junk. I am planning on getting it anyway and if it extends it enough I'm set, and if not, EXTENDED BATTERY HERE I COME.

Thanks Guys!
    Uh... I just re-read my post and perhaps I should clarify what I meant...

I've had the battery for over a week, and on any given day I've not had the level drop below 30%. I didn't mean to say that I've had it for over a week and without a recharge it hasn't dropped below 30%. Sorry for any confusion.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Uh... I just re-read my post and perhaps I should clarify what I meant...

I've had the battery for over a week, and on any given day I've not had the level drop below 30%. I didn't mean to say that I've had it for over a week and without a recharge it hasn't dropped below 30%. Sorry for any confusion.
    No confusion, I had to think about it at first and figured that was what you meant. That is still great performance, but what do you use as a case for your phone? It looks too big for the Sprint supplied case.
    If Guns cause crime, then Pencils cause misspelled words......
    No confusion, I had to think about it at first and figured that was what you meant. That is still great performance, but what do you use as a case for your phone? It looks too big for the Sprint supplied case.
    It is just a bit too wide to fit in the standard case - that's a bit of a mystery. The supplied charger is designed to work with the larger batter as a spare in the charger or in the phone while cradled.

I'm using an old vertical leather pouch case I had from a previous phone.