1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has been talked about before, I did a search and didn't see anything that covered this.

I am a current T-Mo user with a PPC Phone Edition, started with the original b/w Sidekick. After a few years of use on the PPC, I am ready to upgrade.

I use the device as a wireless e-mail client first, then a PDA, then a phone. I travel a lot and run a couple of business that I need to stay in touch with my POP3 e-mail accounts. My current PPC makes me pull my e-mail, but T-mo does have a setting that works with most of my accounts to send me an SMS that lets me know a new e-mail has arrived. I currently pay $20 a month for unlimited web with T-mo, and would probably go to the $25 a month 10 Meg plan from Verizon.

I really liked the thumb keyboard of the Sidekick, and I miss the push e-mail, but the inability to sync with Outlook and the poor quality of the phone drove me away. So the question I need help with is ...given the new release of the 700W, what is my best option between it and the 650? With the exception of playing around with a basic Palm PDA, I have never used a Palm OS.

Is the extra $ worth it for the 700W over the 650? What are my trade off's?

Are there applications that can trigger a pull e-mail setup with the Treo's?

Sorry for all the questions, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick
  2.    #2  
    Verizon Wireless UTStarcom XV6700 a good solution?
    There are many people very happy with the Sprint version of the same device. But of course, you'll have to test for yourself. It does have a bigger screen and more memory than the 700w, but not the same convenient form factor.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!