Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    I am guilty of texting while driving. I know it's no excuse, but with the Treo you could do it with one hand.
    Jimmie Geddes
    You people are nuts. I think we should demand yu guys post your exact coordinates so we no never to drive in your neighborhood.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    I read fast...
    Does your reading speed corespond to your driving speed,
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Does your reading speed corespond to your driving speed,
    Actually no. My girlfriend complains of my slow driving. All my friends say I drive slow and so does my mom. My girlfiend has taken a seperate vehicle to places with me once or twice because I drive to slow. I do the speed limit, but I dont jump on the gas and I dont break 3 feet before my stop.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I've texted while driving with both the Treo 650 and the 8125. Both were dangerous.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Sounds like Microsoft is right, there is a strong need for carputers in this forum! Let something like Dragon Naturally Speaking do the typing for you while you drive....

I'd admit that I've done many times myself with various Treos but I try to not make it the norm...
    Asia is always on the cutting edge of punishment:

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/0...nd-go-to-jail/
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    Sounds like Microsoft is right, there is a strong need for carputers in this forum! Let something like Dragon Naturally Speaking do the typing for you while you drive....

I'd admit that I've done many times myself with various Treos but I try to not make it the norm...
    I have actually used DNS while driving with my laptop. On long drives I often find my self thinking about various things with work and to jot down my ideas before I forget them in the next 5 hours of driving, so before I would leave, I would have my laptop open to a Word Doc use DNS as my own personal dictation secretary. It works great! Safer than grabbing a pen and no more distracting than talking to myself out lound in the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    You people are nuts. I think we should demand yu guys post your exact coordinates so we no never to drive in your neighborhood.
    Some people can multitask and others can't. No need for jealousy.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Rotfl
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Does anyone know if TomTom works with the 6700?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Some people can multitask and others can't. No need for jealousy.
    Maybe with some luck you'll drop the thing in the john the next time you're "multi-tasking"...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shady
    Does anyone know if TomTom works with the 6700?
    I have Tomtom installed on my 6700 and use it all the time. its a great app and works well with this device. Its saved me alot of time locating my destination!
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    I have Tomtom installed on my 6700 and use it all the time. its a great app and works well with this device. Its saved me alot of time locating my destination!
    That's great news. I have TomTom on my Treo, but I'm giving the Treo and existing TomTom to my GF and I'm going to get the 6700, I just wanted to make sure I would be able to have a TomTom solution for this phone before I pulled the trigger
    ls3mach,

In one of your earlier posts (near the beginning of this thread), you mentioned something about backing up your SMS messages. How are you able to do this? I currently have a Treo 650 and am also looking to switch to the 6700 with some reservations. I like to back up my messages as well. It was easy to do with the 650, where I would just copy and paste a thread to a Word doc. Is this how you do it on the 6700, or do you have a different way of doing it?

I originally really hated the way the PPC handled SMS, I still would prefer the Treo, but it is ok now. I dont mind it as much as I thought I would. Also keeps the messages FOREVER. I back mine up though and clear them out anyway.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TTiNTiN
    ls3mach,

In one of your earlier posts (near the beginning of this thread), you mentioned something about backing up your SMS messages. How are you able to do this? I currently have a Treo 650 and am also looking to switch to the 6700 with some reservations. I like to back up my messages as well. It was easy to do with the 650, where I would just copy and paste a thread to a Word doc. Is this how you do it on the 6700, or do you have a different way of doing it?
    If you are a heavy SMS user this will be a key thing that will bug the **** out of you when you switch. I am used to it now, but it took some time and I still prefer the Treo in this aspect. SMS are not threaded, they work just like your outlook emails. Backing up is SIMPLE and free (currently free, this may change later). I use a program called PMVault. It archives many things. Phone log, pictures, sms, notes and contacts. I LOVE this service and would pay for it. When you arcive, you can specify which or all of the above, you have web access to them from anywhere. If you archive your pictures you can make them public and use this as an image host. Very convient in my opinion. This service is currently free, but that may change I dont know.

PMVault
    Thanks for the link and for your feedback! Thanks to your original in-depth review of the 6700, I already knew that the SMS messages were not threaded. That's do-able to me. Before the Treo, I was doing heavy SMS on a regular cellphone, so it won't be too big of a deal. My biggest concern was the backup part. The main reason why I am thinking of switching to another phone is the BT compatibility. With the Treo, it's hard to find a good, compatible headset. I'm hoping it will be different with the 6700. I plan to take advantage of the 2-week return policy. I've been switching back-and-forth between the Palm OS and Windows OS ever since I fell in love with gadgets, so to me, I don't really see a big learning curve when it comes to getting myself re-acquainted with either.

If you are a heavy SMS user this will be a key thing that will bug the **** out of you when you switch. I am used to it now, but it took some time and I still prefer the Treo in this aspect. SMS are not threaded, they work just like your outlook emails. Backing up is SIMPLE and free (currently free, this may change later). I use a program called PMVault. It archives many things. Phone log, pictures, sms, notes and contacts. I LOVE this service and would pay for it. When you arcive, you can specify which or all of the above, you have web access to them from anywhere. If you archive your pictures you can make them public and use this as an image host. Very convient in my opinion. This service is currently free, but that may change I dont know.

PMVault
    After only using the 6700 for a week, I can totally agree what was said. It really is a great device and I will continue to use both, but for totally different applications (Treo was for business and now will be strictly personal) and 6700 is strictly business which I feel will be a benefit to me in the real world. Very excellent review and you have swayed me to keep the 6700 and not trade it in for a 700P.

Bryan
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456