Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Here's a link to a nice RAZR-like dialpad:

http://www.filefactory.com/?d5b812
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    That wasn't the case with the 6700 though. It came out over a year after the 650 and can't hold a candle to the 650 in most areas.

Anyone who isn't smart enough to use the search button doesn't get a reply. Sorry dstrauss.
    Yeah....better than the 6700.....with all of its non-multitasking, smaller screen, lack of good web browser, oh and don't forget the blazing fast 312 mhz processor, calls that go straight to voicemail while using data and the ability to support sd cards under 2gb (higher if you void your warranty.

Now don't get me wrong I liked my treo 650, but it is time to move into the 21st century palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Now that is funny stuff.
    agreed

lsmach, if you get sick of my stupid questions tell me to do a damn search in another forum!
    i ask a question, and you always have the answer. thanks for all of the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381
    Yeah....better than the 6700.....with all of its non-multitasking, smaller screen, lack of good web browser, oh and don't forget the blazing fast 312 mhz processor, calls that go straight to voicemail while using data and the ability to support sd cards under 2gb (higher if you void your warranty.

Now don't get me wrong I liked my treo 650, but it is time to move into the 21st century palm!
    I am waiting for the list of the feature list that will be better than the 6700??? i can make a list for both sides, but saying it will be better at nearly everything?

add (out of box) lack of VPN client, lack of streaming media player, lack of decent mail client, lack of ability to browse network computers, lack of ability to hear a caller. yeah out of the box the 6700 imo is better, less software to buy to do stuff on my network...sure the 650 or 700 will compete with the functionality of the 6700 after 200 more dollars...

i loved my 650, dont get me wrong, but i am real too.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    agreed

lsmach, if you get sick of my stupid questions tell me to do a damn search in another forum!
    Sno-dilly sometimes asking is just much faster, especially if somone has just looked for something themselves. I like the eten dialer. I am excited about it getting the smartdailer as well. I will test out the Razr one as I didn't see a screenshot and I am curious.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Here's a link to a nice RAZR-like dialpad:

http://www.filefactory.com/?d5b812

I dont care for it.

EDIT
    Here is the one I like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ls3mach; 04/24/2006 at 03:27 PM.
    Guys - I like the bigger dial pads, but read somewhere they cut dwon on functionality. Is that true?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    agreed

ls3mach is a heads up member. What kind of torqued me was 2000Man's real reason for the flippant "search" comment - if I wasn't smart enough to parse through the entire site to learn for myself that his 700 precious was superior, he wasn't going to help. Two fallacies:

1. That PRESUMES the 700 is/will be superior

2. Begs the very question for asking why he thought it was/is superior.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    A bit touchy are we?

Maybe YOU should read ls3mach's response? Or perhaps with the exception of the EV-DO radio the feature set of the Treo really appeals to a "2000" man?
    2000 Man is bit touchy about his 650....he has a reputation of taking personally any comments that could directly or indirectly put another phone above the 650 in nearly any aspect.....especially if it is a WM device.

He has personally attacked me seveal times for being biased when simply trying to help out a fellow TC member by listing the pros and cons of a different phone vs the pros and cons of the Treo....even when I continually state that no matter what phone you chose, if you can live with the cons and pros meet your needs, then you will be happy with any phone you choose.....if it appears the 650 is not in the best light he won't like it.
    Some people are a little too emotionally involved with their devices. If you don't praise and worship their pet, they throw a tantrum.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I liked my 650. I would still be using it had I not dropped it. I do prefer the PPC-6700 now though. Although I miss texting with the SMS program on the Treo 650, I also miss "hard" keys to dial a phone number. These are the only two things I miss though. I liked the 650, but it is old tech compared to what is on the market. I tell you one thing I dont miss is Blazer and not using the web when I was waiting on a call to come through. That and the surfing with images turned off.

Glad to hear you guys like what I have to say. I hope to be getting some more things to test out and review. I would right a "new" indepth review of the PPC-6700, but honestly I dont think it is needed. I like the 6700, but I dont think it is the greatest thing ever. I personally cant wait for the Hermes a 3G networks in my area.
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Will that be the multitasking, the massive amounts of ram, the larger screen, or the wifi?

EDIT

You know I bet it will be that awesome feature Palm loves so much. The multi-connector, because a USB port would be too simple.
    English as a fourth language? Congrats.

High res screen, much brighter screen, threaded SMS, one-handed operation, faster OS, greater amount of third party apps and software, BB Connect, much better battery life, sturdier construction, etc. All of these are advantages that the year and a half old 650 have over the 6700.
    See what I meant?

For anyone who is seriously weighing on what phone to get.......Pros and Cons are often only related to personal needs, wants, and likes. A phone that is perfect for someone else can be the worst for you or the other way around.

For single example the 650 has a higher res screen than the 6700....but as a trade off the 650 has a smaller square screen when compared the larger screen of the 6700. For some the higher res is a better pro so the 650 fits the bill perfectly. For others the larger screen with a lower res and bigger real estate with landscape viewing is a better pro, because their needs include viewing and editing spreadsheets and remote controlling desktop computers, etc...

Know how you want to use your phone. Know what each phone can and list out the pros and cons for your own personal use. If the pros meet your needs, and you can live with or work around the cons....then you will be happy with whatever phone you choose.
    Good thing I wasn't expecting any type of useful response from Hobbes. :shrug:
    Actually, I thought that was a very good post by hobbes. Hobbes is a stand up guy (or girl) and helps alot of people out in this forum.

Maybe you can point us to a few posts where you have helped someone out 2000 boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381
    Actually, I thought that was a very good post by hobbes. Hobbes is a stand up guy (or girl) and helps alot of people out in this forum.
    Thanks....btw I am boy actually....as some may have gleamed from some of my posts that have dated me, I would like to say I am a man....but my wife claims that I never grew up!
    I thought you were a guy, but I didn't want to assume and have you mad at me......I might need your brilliant reg hack thread tomorrow when I receive my 6700!
    Hobbes you hit the nail on the head. It's what YOU need the device for, YOU are going to be the one using/not using certain features. I am a huge Treo person, but the 6700 is an awesome device. I loved having the bigger screen, wifi,multi-tasking, etc. Th Treo for me was a better phone, the 6700 is an all around better device. If that makes any sense.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Precisely..... The best device is subjective to the user. I loved my Treo and am going to miss her dearly tomorrow when I divorce her for the 6700 But what can I say? The 6700 can "Move" in ways that my Treo can only dream of! I'm talking about the Keyboard.....SICKO'S
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Hobbes you hit the nail on the head. It's what YOU need the device for, YOU are going to be the one using/not using certain features. I am a huge Treo person, but the 6700 is an awesome device. I loved having the bigger screen, wifi,multi-tasking, etc. Th Treo for me was a better phone, the 6700 is an all around better device. If that makes any sense.
    What ended up changing your mind? I thought that you had settled on the 6700.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast