Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    This is dumb. why r we talking about this?
    Because Mgauss (thread starter)has conned you all into it. He's been here a long time and knows full well why a Treo instead of a Razr. My guess is he's just having a good time with you guys.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.

Please make this a troll free zone. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Because Mgauss (thread starter)has conned you all into it. He's been here a long time and knows full well why a Treo instead of a Razr. My guess is he's just having a good time with you guys.
    He seems somewhat unhappy with Palm. Read some of his other posts.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    He seems somewhat unhappy with Palm. Read some of his other posts.
    EXACTLY
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by jstpa
    No flames yet. I think people are intrigued by the RAZR.

It would be nice if VZW would figure a way to port wireless sync over to the RAZR. If I could wireless sync from Outlook, the RAZR would do a lot of what I need - phone first, then contacts, then email (just viewing, typing isn't critical), then calendar, then web (wap is enuff - even when I had EVDO, viewing html pages on a postage stamp ain't worth much).
    You can sync a Razar with Microsoft Exchange Server ()email only

http://www.dataviz.com/solutions/enterprise/roadsync/
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I'm thinking of converting to a Razr and a Palm TX. My friend just bought a Razr on Verizon with EVDO and he can use it as a bluetooth modem on the laptop. The TX also has bluetooth so you could dial your contacts straight from the palm. I also hate paying the $45 dollars a month for connecting to the web through the Treo whereas he pays $5.00 per month to connect. Help me through this please. I love the Treo, hate the lack of internal memory, spend too much money on extra apps, etc. A true dilemma.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    This is dumb. why r we talking about this? This is like comparing a BMW 745i vs a Lincoln Town Car, Gucci to Gap or any other inferior comparison. The Treo is better period.
    I think you're saying that more features is automatically better in a phone. That's not necessarily true.

Your examples are illustrative. The BMW is supposedly better because of better quality construction, not more features. Gucci is better because of what? Our collective gullibility as a society?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstevens
    You can sync a Razar with Microsoft Exchange Server ()email only

http://www.dataviz.com/solutions/enterprise/roadsync/
    Thanks d.

That could be helpful. But appears big time expensive.

My partners, on the other hand, have been asking about how to allow syncing without having to leave their desktops on.
    Last edited by jstpa; 01/01/2006 at 10:01 AM.
    Why not a Razr? I left the Razr for the Treo. If all you need is a phone, then the Razr is hard to beat. I liked mine alot but hated carrying a PDA and a cell phone.

Sure... the Razr has the calendar, email and web abilities but I consider most of these features as "Use In Case Of Emergency" applications. Due to the lack of a keyboard, the size of the screen and the limitations of these applications, I can't see anyone using them as a primary means.

The Treo has a larger screen, the keyboard, the ability to run more apps, etc. I can actually see webpages without pulling out the magnifying glass and respond to email without hunting a letter on the numeric keypad.

Asides from the thickness, the Treo is just as large as the Razr when open. When you carry the Razr in the belt pouch, it's not much smaller than the Treo in a belt holster.

Again, the Razr is a great phone but it is by no means anything close to the Treo. It's an "apples and oranges" thing. Could the Treo be better, sure. Could the Razr rival the Treo, doubt it.

Motorola has introduced a "Razr" like phone to compete with the Treo but everything I've seen of the phone, it's thin but much bigger than the Treo. I'll be interested to see what changes are in store for the Treo this year (hopefully thinner and more stable).
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    Motorola has introduced a "Razr" like phone to compete with the Treo but everything I've seen of the phone, it's thin but much bigger than the Treo. I'll be interested to see what changes are in store for the Treo this year (hopefully thinner and more stable).

Did you know Motorola also bid for PalmSource, and nearly won?

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur

Surur

Cool picture!! Too bad it's not real. I wish Moto would make Palm OS phones, we need another manufacturer.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by surur

Surur
    Where's the keyboard? I want my keyboard. I need my keyboard.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Use bluetooth DUN, connect to your laptop and voila! a keyboard.!
    I'm sure you are not being serious, as neither was I.

I HATE laptops. After my Treo, I stopped lugging my office laptop for short trips. DTG and Xpress Mail replaced my laptop!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad

I HATE laptops. After my Treo, I stopped lugging my office laptop for short trips. DTG and Xpress Mail replaced my laptop!
    Well I'm one up on you .
    After getting my Treo I sold my laptop and upgraded my desktop to be an adequate online server...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad

Yes, I was just kidding. Unfortunately I cannot do without my laptop in the field because I have an order system that I must use on sales calls. I am thinking of ditching my Treo if I could get the bluetooth dun workiing on the Razr and the EVDO network to send my orders to corporate that way and save the $45 a month Verizon charges for data.
    Horses for coarses.

If you need a phone with some PDA features go for the Razor.

If you need a full PDA that also has a phone go for the Treo.

Both are great phones in their respective areas.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    If the RAZR or any other slimline phone gets a full QWERTY. I would probably jump on it. I like the PDA phones, but man is that RAZR and the A900 very sexy. Drop it in your pocket and go. I love touchscreens and all the features of my Treo 650 and now my PPC-6700, but man I yearn to carry a small phone sometimes.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    If the RAZR or any other slimline phone gets a full QWERTY. I would probably jump on it. I like the PDA phones, but man is that RAZR and the A900 very sexy. Drop it in your pocket and go. I love touchscreens and all the features of my Treo 650 and now my PPC-6700, but man I yearn to carry a small phone sometimes.
    No I like it when my 7 ounce Treo pushes my pants down and I have do lift them up almost every time the device resets. After walking 10 steps with the weight on I look like the nerd whose pants are falling down. Its like we need internal invisible suspenders. Or a gun holster.
    Last edited by mgauss; 01/03/2006 at 12:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I really hated to ditch my Treo but I did on Monday for a Verizon Razr. I was tired of paying the additional $45 a month for data, spending tons of money on software and then hours of frustration trying to get all of the software to work properly. I can connect with my laptop using the phone and surf the net. I purchased a Palm T/X for the contact data and Tom Tom Nav 5. I really didn't want to go to 2 devices but was just tired of all of the problems. Bluetooth actually works on this phone. My Sony HBH-662 still has the annoying beep on connection and hangup. Voice Dial (same program as on Treo) actually works better on the Razr. You can hear the commands through the B/T headset, activate voice dial by pressing the button on the headset and the name recognition seems to work better, etc. I want to thank TC for all of your help. I don't know how Treo owners get by without this forum. I'll still be checking back for the latest news.

Thanks.
    Last edited by wbwjr; 01/04/2006 at 06:10 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast