1.    #1  
    Well i have been waiting and waiting for this phone. I just wish cingular would release the darn thing so i can finally get a smart phone. The only thing that is bothering me is the 140$ treo on there website. If this phone isnt out in 2-3 weeks, i will take the plunge and get hte 140$ treo if it is still there.
    I am! But Cingular is inconsistent. They just removed the 2125 after only 2 weeks and put up 2 HP 6500 series. If you do see the 8125, jump on it because next thing you know it'll be gone considering the way Cingular does things! They have been consistent with the Treo however, it's been up for a long while.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I love the design of the 8125, but the lack of 3G data and the slower OMAP processor is killer for me. I'm VERY happy with my PPC6700 from Sprint, and the EVDO data speeds make it a true 'Treo killer' for my uses. Granted, the design isn't quite as nice as the KJam or 8125, but I'll take a stubby antenna as long as I can keep getting these kinds of speeds!
    The whiny minority always out-posts the contented majority.
    EDGE and wi-fi will do for me. I'll take worldwide unlocked GSM over CDMA any day!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I was really fired up about the 8125. But I think I'm going to hang on to my Treo 650 until a 3G PDA phone is available. I don't want to waste $600 on another EDGE speed device when a 3G might be on it's way within a year.
    The Treo 650 is still a good phone and does everything I need it to do. They'll have to get an HSDPA WM5 phone to market to compete with the PPC6700.

But if I didn't have a Treo 650 an was getting my first PDA phone today (or my Treo 650 broke) I'd definatley get the 8125. But as an upgrade from a 650 I think I'm better off waiting for someting better.
    The 8125 is my next target, but after the long wait on the 2125 that I got a few weeks ago, it may not be happening soon. It's not that Cingular is so inconsistent; they just routinely underestimate supply for their hot phones (razr; 2125; etc.) but overbuild the losers (rokker - you could tell it was going nowhere with cramped storage and Milky Way shape that was aimed at a young hip audience).

I'm holding out for the 8125 only because of price and US service. Otherwise I'd lock on the unlocked K-Jam. Hope patience pays off.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    EDGE and wi-fi will do for me. I'll take worldwide unlocked GSM over CDMA any day!
    I would too if I ever left the country! As it stands, my only plans for leaving the US are for vacation, and I have no intention of taking my phone with me for that. I don't WANT people to be able to reach me on vacation, and I'm sure if there is an emergency I can rent a GSM phone in whatever country I'm in for less than the amount I'd pay in worldwide roaming charges from Cingular or T-Mo...
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    You don't pay roaming. That's the point. Just drop in a pre-paid sim from whatever country you're in and that's it.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Nah, that's what my work phone is for. They can (and do) pay for my GSM device and service. For my personal use, I'm very pleased with the 6700. I get to play with all the other gadgets at work (including the Universal, KJam, Hurricane, Tornado, etc.) and I still find my 6700 to be the most useful of them all - EVDO has been a huge plus for me. Once Cingular gets UMTS up and running it will be a serious contender, but for now, nobody can touch VZW or Sprint for mobile data.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I have been away from TC for a while since I went from a T600 to an MPx220. I bought an Imate SP5 (web info on SP5) a month ago and am really liking it. I needed more a phone/PDA than a PDA/phone and it serves my purposes well. I don't text message much and occasionally input new appointments away from the office so the lack of a keyboard is not an issue for me.

The WiFi is even more useful than I thought it would be and while it does use the battery a little more it does not use it to the extent that I can't get through a day with heavy usage. By default if there is no WiFi activity in 10 minutes it will turn off the WiFi radio.

As for usability it is great. The WM5 operating system is really stable and with the addition of Papyrus calendar and the Facade home screen plug-in the phone is really productive and customizable. You can also make registry edits to further tweak the phone to your liking. I attached a view of my homescreen to this post.

With the new Treo out running the WM5 it will be interesting to see how it fares. I would think it should sell really well with those who love the Treo form, I know how radically supportive you are since I was once a member of that bunch. Isn't it nice to have new options now gang!!!
    [
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
    Thanks! I was looking at the Qtek 8310(same phone). I think I will get it. Where did you purchase from?

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    mad monkey boy for $499
    That's where I was going to go! Is there any real difference between the Imate and Qtek versions? Why is Qtek always less than Imate?

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    both phones made by HTC, Imate has better warranty service. MMB has great customer service. Check Hofo Smartphone forum for detailed discussion .