Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. blee4's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
       #1  
    https://www.imate.com/t-DETAILS_SP5.aspx

    No full sized keyboard but they were able to cram everything and more into it INCLUDING wifi, and it's smaller than the treo.
  2. #2  
    No keyboard? WM5? Only 64 MB (with WM5, that's LESS than the Treo has)?

    I'd go with not a chance, but to each his own.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  3. spiVeyx's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    I'd go with not a chance, but to each his own.
    Ditto
  4. #4  
    I will have to agree w/Extraordinary.. And the thing is plain UGLY!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by blee4
    https://www.imate.com/t-DETAILS_SP5.aspx

    No full sized keyboard but they were able to cram everything and more into it INCLUDING wifi, and it's smaller than the treo.
    Are you kidding me? That thing is a dog and with no keyboard it is not even in the same class as a Treo.
  6. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by blee4
    https://www.imate.com/t-DETAILS_SP5.aspx

    No full sized keyboard but they were able to cram everything and more into it INCLUDING wifi, and it's smaller than the treo.
    No KB=No go
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by blee4
    https://www.imate.com/t-DETAILS_SP5.aspx

    No full sized keyboard but they were able to cram everything and more into it INCLUDING wifi, and it's smaller than the treo.
    I am interested in this smartphone(remember, it's a smartphone, not PDA phone like the Treo). I saw it on Mad Monkey. Nothing trumps the Treo form factor, but this model would work for my needs as of now.

    The real Treo trumper is the K-Jam(same manufacturer) which I'm also interested in. It IS a full PDA phone.

    https://www.imate.com/t-DETAILS_KJAM.aspx
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 12/23/2005 at 05:22 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    But bad news, I temporarily switched to RAZR V3
    Just curious....why is this bad news?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  9. #9  
    1. Bad news for all the Treo lovers on here. Many are loyal to the Treo only.
    2. Bad news for me because while I love the Treo too, I don't always need it. Sometimes a cell phone is all I need. The candy bar smartphones are a good compromise, which Palm OS has none, but WM5 fills that need with about 5 models.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  10. #10  
    They also managed to cram this in:
    SP5: $590
    K-JAM: $750
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  11. #11  
    They're going for a bit less on Mad Monkey. But that's the price you pay for unlocked freedom.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  12. #12  
    Doesn't apply to the land of Treo. It's not better or worse, just a totally different product. Shouldn't even be compared. No keyboard means different. Not worse, just different.
  13. #13  
    Yeah...if it doesn't have a keyboard...its hard to compare.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  14. blee4's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I am interested in this smartphone(remember, it's a smartphone, not PDA phone like the Treo). I saw it on Mad Monkey. Nothing trumps the Treo form factor, but this model would work for my needs as of now.

    The real Treo trumper is the K-Jam(same manufacturer) which I'm also interested in. It IS a full PDA phone.

    https://www.imate.com/t-DETAILS_KJAM.aspx
    I'm not a big fan of the form factor and the sliding keyboard. Treo has a really good form factor but it's OS is garbage hence the Treo 700w also what really irks me is that palm locked the two side buttons into only doing 1 thing all the time ringer/call volume and a "quick" selector button for an app of your choice. A buddy of mine just bought this phone and he's loving it he rubs the wifi in my face all that time (fu*king palm) also he has a browser thats 10x better than blazer as well as outlook, msn etc... his only gripe was you can't quit an application with out switching to taskmanager and quitting it which slows the phone down if you forget to quit apps.
  15. #15  
    For me...

    Smartphone = Watered down OS not an option for my main phone.

    No KB = No go. Must have KB.
  16. slinky's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    #16  
    I just saw the K-Jam. Very impressive. The keyboard is not as easy to type with but acceptable. The widescreen display is good and makes me realize that as great as it is to have the keys on the face, having a larger screen allows you to do so many more things and will be a HUGE boon with an increase in resolution.

    Side by side, I'd take the K-Jam over the Treo 700w without even blinking, especially with built in WiFi, the talk time, and other perks.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    I just saw the K-Jam. Very impressive. The keyboard is not as easy to type with but acceptable. The widescreen display is good and makes me realize that as great as it is to have the keys on the face, having a larger screen allows you to do so many more things and will be a HUGE boon with an increase in resolution.

    Side by side, I'd take the K-Jam over the Treo 700w without even blinking, especially with built in WiFi, the talk time, and other perks.
    I agree. I like the spacing of the keys on the keyboard...but the trade-off is that I don't necessarily like the keyboard sliding out to the side...
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    For me...

    Smartphone = Watered down OS not an option for my main phone.

    No KB = No go. Must have KB.
    I have used cell phones for so long, T9 entry is not a big deal for me. The watered down OS might be however(after looking at the full version). But if I can enter contacts and calender, maybe it's not so bad as a 2nd phone. I do like the full PPC versions better though. What exactly is missing from the smartphone version? I'd assume there is no Pocket Office and Pocket MSN on the smartphone, maybe no data backup either. This is just an assumption though. But one reason I didn't like the MPX 220 was the limited software. I don't even remember all that was on it, I barely used it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I agree. I like the spacing of the keys on the keyboard...but the trade-off is that I don't necessarily like the keyboard sliding out to the side...
    Yes, it means everything would be better off kept in landscape mode to use the keyboard easily. The keyboard is the one big drawback of the K-JAM. It will require 2 hands in my case(a con, but I can deal with it). Sliding mechanisms can also break(big con since I've seen this happen before with it's CDMA predecessor, the 6600). Hopefully these newer models are sturdier, although some people have said similar things about the 6700(wobbly keyboard).

    However, I think the GSM models are better made from what I've been reading.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by blee4
    I'm not a big fan of the form factor and the sliding keyboard. Treo has a really good form factor but it's OS is garbage hence the Treo 700w also what really irks me is that palm locked the two side buttons into only doing 1 thing all the time ringer/call volume and a "quick" selector button for an app of your choice. A buddy of mine just bought this phone and he's loving it he rubs the wifi in my face all that time (fu*king palm) also he has a browser thats 10x better than blazer as well as outlook, msn etc... his only gripe was you can't quit an application with out switching to taskmanager and quitting it which slows the phone down if you forget to quit apps.
    I was only speaking of features in terms of Treo trumper. The form factor of the Treo beats all! And the screen resolution.

    I did realize one drawback of WM5 is all those apps running in the background and eating memory. Even though you're not actively using them, they still run if you just turn on the machine. I have a feeling that's Windows period(experience with desktop versions is the same thing).
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions