Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
  1.    #1  
    I have owned a BB,Treo,VX6600 & a few others and this is my honest opinion of the Treo650 based on experience. In most instances the Treo is over kill... that my final answer/////////ouch, I know bearrrrr with me and read on.

    Most of use really only use e-mail,contacts,calander,txt mess & some surfing all in which the bb 7130e & vx6600 will do an amazing job for you without the screen freezzzzzzzzz and constant phone reset to deal with. No device is perfect but the BB handles e-mail better than any other PDA hands down, isnt that what us professional are most intrested in?

    The Treo is a nice device but it's constant locking up,resetting and sometimes just freaking out cant hold a candle to other more consistant OS's. The PALM OS is old and needs to be totally revamped and the Treo is really a BLING device. It's really the only reason most of us carring the dang thing because we look like weve got it going on.

    If your thinking of diving into the PDA-phone market I would strongly suggest by passing the Treo for a device that isnt over kill and over priced. I mean come on do we really need to be stroked at this age by a device like this?
    Last edited by vroomdvroom; 12/21/2005 at 08:22 PM. Reason: spelling
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by vroomdvroom
    I have owned a BB,Treo,VX6600 & a few others and this is my honest opinion of the Treo650 based on experience. In most instances the Treo is over kill... that my final answer/////////ouch, I know bearrrrr with me and read on.

    Most of use really only use e-mail,contacts,calander,txt mess & some surfing all in which the bb 7130e & vx6600 will do an amazing job for you without the screen freezzzzzzzzz and constant phone reset to deal with. No device is perfect but the BB handles e-mail better than any other PDA hands down, isnt that what us professional are most intrested in?

    The Treo is a nice device but it's constant locking up,resetting and sometimes just freaking out cant hold a candle to other more consistant OS's. The PALM OS is old and needs to be totally revamped and the Treo is really a BLING device. It's really the only reason most of us carring the dang thing because we look like weve got it going on.

    If your thinking of diving into the PDA-phone market I would strongly suggest by passing the Treo for a device that isnt over kill and over priced. I mean come on do we really need to be stroked at this age by a device like this?
    I would argue just the opposite, that the treo doesn't do enough (or offer enough) for people who demand more from their converged device. IMO if all you do is make calls, keep your PIM data and email, then the treo is the way to go.

    The constant locking up and freezing doesn't appear to be on all units...
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  3. #3  
    The functions I use my Treo for would never be served by a BB device. You cannot add a telnet application or even have a choice as to what email client you use. The Treo gives you a choice as to what 'your' Treo does. The BB OS may be stable but at the expense of any flexability. If it has what you need fine use it. As for BLING I don't use my phone to impress anyone or to accesorize myself. It is a tool for mobility. It works, for me flawlessly. I don't have reset issues, or freezes. I havein the past had some issues with the resets. After changing out some 3rd party apps I am rock solid. I have a friend who has been with BB for years. He can't wait until they day he might have a choice and can use something else. (ie. BB Connect & Treo) As a phone he has said many times the phone in the Treo is superior. Email maybe not.

    The Treo is more advanced & has more options. Options can cause problems, but it comes with the territory.

    Just being honest
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by vroomdvroom
    I mean come on do we really need to be stroked at this age by a device like this?
    Yes!

    I love the Treo and would never consider going to back to carrying a phone plus a PDA, and I wouldn't want a device that isn't able to provide what the Treo offers.


    Quote Originally Posted by vroomdvroom
    the Treo is really a BLING device. It's really the only reason most of us carring the dang thing because we look like weve got it going on.
    That might be your reason to buy it, but certainly not mine. I don't care if I look like I have it going on or not. I wanted a device to converge the PDA and phone into a complete unit and the Treo was a perfect fit. Not only am I able to use email, contacts, calander, SMS, and internet; but I can store documents, read the Bible, keep track of fuel logs and vehicle maintainance, use maps, keep track of passwords, check the weather, play games, listen music, and watch movies amoung other things. Basically, it allows you to have a mobile office in a handheld form.
  5. #5  
    Not sure about anyone else but I have had zero problems with my treo. I have friends that are in the process of dumping their BB and buying a treo as we speak.
  6.    #6  
    My exact point regarding extended applications...... Treo for most people is over kill and DO NOT add apps or use any other function other than e-mail,txt mess and phone. Have you ever even use Documents to GO?..... I doubt it...My guess is you couldnt tell me without looking what applications are on your Treo cause we dont use them...this is the point here. JUST BEING HONEST
  7.    #7  
    WOW,you must have super human powers......if you own it long enough, you will have problems.
  8.    #8  
    The fact is until we reach year 2350 or we all are bionic we will not see a PDA/phone that is nearly as solid as a standard cell phone by any reach of the imagination. I'm in the industry so you might figure I know what I'm speaking about......just being honest

    TREO is over priced,over built and way over spoken about by any streatch of the imagination. You might as well hang a 10lb gold chain over you neck bro it will get more attention. and it will be cheaper.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by vroomdvroom
    My exact point regarding extended applications...... Treo for most people is over kill and DO NOT add apps or use any other function other than e-mail,txt mess and phone. Have you ever even use Documents to GO?..... I doubt it...My guess is you couldnt tell me without looking what applications are on your Treo cause we dont use them...this is the point here. JUST BEING HONEST
    I would bet that most people here load up their Treo's with applications.

    Of course I use documents to go. You don't even make sense when you say you doubt it. Why would I have it then?

    I can run off a list of the programs on my Treo without looking, because I use them, and I put them on there for a reason. Just because you don't use any applications and cripple your Treo's capabilities, doesn't mean everybody else is that way.
  10. #10  
    Im sorry to hear you dont like the treo, not sure why but I'm sure you have your reasons. I didnt get mine for "bling" factor or anything like that. I use it for work. Documents to go is great, being able to put customer information on contracts on site saves alot of time and paperwork for me. Being an mp3 player, movie viewer, and all the other stuff it does is just a bonus. It also works better as a phone than any other phone I've owned. And I have owned alot that didnt impress me at all. The razr is horrible, LG's are horrible, nokias are decent but dont like any of the ones available right now. Don't get me wrong some of the ones I listed are "decent phones" but dont get nearly the reception I get with the treo. And as for you being someone in the industry, sounds to me like your one of those kids that work at the stands in the malls. If your in the industry, you would know that the treo650 is one of the best smartphones available at this time.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by vroomdvroom
    The fact is until we reach year 2350 or we all are bionic we will not see a PDA/phone that is nearly as solid as a standard cell phone by any reach of the imagination. I'm in the industry so you might figure I know what I'm speaking about......just being honest

    TREO is over priced,over built and way over spoken about by any streatch of the imagination. You might as well hang a 10lb gold chain over you neck bro it will get more attention. and it will be cheaper.
    You're in the industry: Yea right!

    Go back to burrying your head in the sand.
  12. #12  
    Am I wrong or missing something here? Do I have a freak version of this device? It works better as a phone for me than my razr did.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by vroomdvroom
    No device is perfect but the BB handles e-mail better than any other PDA hands down, isnt that what us professional are most intrested in?

    I had a BB, I'd never consider buying another one, I would go the PPC route first.

    When I had the berry I wasn't on BES, so I had to use BWC, I hated the fact that I could only reply from one e-mail address. I could recieve from several different accts, but was forced to reply from one e-mail address. Also the device had minimal storage. alot of attachments were stored on BWC servers, what happens if I'm out of coverage, and really needed a specific document.

    Hell I remember wishing webclient supported jpeg attachments (eventually got it) then coming to treo central, and reading how 600 users were watching movies (oh the envy)

    Oh and paying $40 a month for webclient, and only allowed 10mb of storage, BB email (webclient at least) is overrated Give me a treo, and chatter any day, hell I'll even take a treo and versa-mail [/rant]
    Last edited by R1_Rydah; 12/21/2005 at 10:51 PM.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by vroomdvroom
    I have owned a BB,Treo,VX6600 & a few others and this is my honest opinion of the Treo650 based on experience. In most instances the Treo is over kill... that my final answer/////////ouch, I know bearrrrr with me and read on.

    Most of use really only use e-mail,contacts,calander,txt mess & some surfing all in which the bb 7130e & vx6600 will do an amazing job for you without the screen freezzzzzzzzz and constant phone reset to deal with. No device is perfect but the BB handles e-mail better than any other PDA hands down, isnt that what us professional are most intrested in?

    The Treo is a nice device but it's constant locking up,resetting and sometimes just freaking out cant hold a candle to other more consistant OS's. The PALM OS is old and needs to be totally revamped and the Treo is really a BLING device. It's really the only reason most of us carring the dang thing because we look like weve got it going on.

    If your thinking of diving into the PDA-phone market I would strongly suggest by passing the Treo for a device that isnt over kill and over priced. I mean come on do we really need to be stroked at this age by a device like this?
    So how's the video on that BB? Watching your TivoToGo on your commute or on the plane are you? Hmmmm? Are Ya? Good screen resolution?? Hmmm? Making all the other commuters jealous while you watch the Daily Show? Hmmm? On your BB? Hmmmmm?

  15. #15  
    PC is an overkill for most people as well. Most people use it for web surfing, emailing, and word-processing.

    Let's go back to typewriters and snail mails!!!
  16. #16  
    Personally I dont think there are too many people that would shell out the bucks for this device if they didnt have a reason for getting it, hence its not overkill for the people who buy it. For the commoner, yeah it could be overkill.
  17. #17  
    My Mom has my hand me down treo 600...she got it when I got my 650.

    She is not exactly what you would call corporate material...she is 65 and a widow.

    Try and take her 600 and she would kill you. She took some time to adjust from carrying a day-planner...but...

    Quicken, SplashPhoto, JShopper, Docs to Go, To Do, Address Book, e-books, MP3 player, and several games. She now has a bright yellow Vaja case that she loves. No way does she think it is overkill and she doesn't even use the data service!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by vroomdvroom
    I have owned a BB,Treo,VX6600 & a few others and this is my honest opinion of the Treo650 based on experience. In most instances the Treo is over kill... that my final answer/////////ouch, I know bearrrrr with me and read on.

    1. Most of use really only use e-mail,contacts,calander,txt mess & some surfing 2. all in which the bb 7130e & vx6600 will do an amazing job for you without the screen freezzzzzzzzz and constant phone reset to deal with. No device is perfect but the BB handles e-mail better than any other PDA hands down, isnt that what us professional are most intrested in?
    The Treo is a nice device but it's constant locking up,resetting and sometimes just freaking out cant hold a candle to other more consistant OS's. 3. The PALM OS is old and needs to be totally revamped and 4. the Treo is really a BLING device. It's really the only reason most of us carring the dang thing because we look like weve got it going on.
    If your thinking of diving into the PDA-phone market I would strongly suggest by passing the Treo for a device that isnt over kill and over priced. I mean come on do we really need to be stroked at this age by a device like this?
    1. These are reasons people buy the Treo.
    2. Apparently not everyone wants those devices. Remember, we have freedom of choice.
    3. TRUE. But I still prefer it over WM5. It is way more intuitive.
    4. People buy it because they want a converged device. Yeah, it's cool but what good is cool if it's not functional.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 12/22/2005 at 01:20 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  19. #19  
    I would not know what to do without my Treo anymore. My boss has a BB. Even he knows my Treo is a better device!
    I was mailing Christmas packages at PakMail this week. I needed phone numbers that I didn't have, so DA to the rescue. I checked off my task, went to HandyShopper and checked off the gifts that were mailed. I used KMaps to figure out how to get to my next destination, then snapped a picture of where I parked so I wouldn't lose my truck.
    That's just about a 30-minute window of Treo use for me.
  20. #20  
    There is bound to be some backlash because humans often behave in a "herd mentality". That is, newbies see us tech-geeks buying treos and doing amazing things with our treos. The newbies get a treo and realize that they really don't need it or want it so they have an opposite response. Vroomdvroom is correct in that your AVERAGE person does not need a treo or a BB for that matter. The AVERAGE person wants to keep a few numbers handy and they want to make and receive cellular phone calls. That is it for the average person.

    We, however, are not average. I was sitting on the wall next to the Dumbo ride at Disneyland, telneted into a server and resetting pop3 email passwords for a client while my daughter and wife were riding on Dumbo! This is not normal! ( yet )
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions