Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Two nails in Palm's coffin fan boys:

Nokia E61, Ericsson P990.

Palm... you earned this.

Put your 650 on ebay now, while it's worth at least $99.

End of conversation.
  2. lua
    you have my sympathy. see you in the loony ward.
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
    Maybe overseas, but not in the US. Symbian isn't as popular here for some reason. But in Europe, they will probably be a hit.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    people said the same thing about the p910a. it wasnt that big of a hit here. and the nokia e61 isnt even comparable to the treo as its symbian 60 interface... if it was symbian 80 or even UIQ, it would be on the same level
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lua
    you have my sympathy. see you in the loony ward.
    I don't take advantage of visiting hours at the "looney ward"... you'll have to make do without me.

If you have been with Palm (and Handspring for that matter) as long you say you have, and you're satisfied with the 650... who's the nut?

Rest in pieces Palm.
    Yep....

You are a Democrat that had a devastating nightmare coupled with a creative imagination.

Yeah like I'm going to trade my most excellent Treo 650 in for a 99 cent store type phone....

DREAM ON....

Chuck
    Treo 650 came out in late 2004, and you are comparing two 2006 devices with it. A more equal comparison will be between the Nokia and Sony Ericcsson and the coming Treo 700w and 700p.
    The SE p800 is 3 year older than treo 650, and in most part is superior to treo. (stability, multitasking OS, better BT support, screen size, etc..)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor
    The SE p800 is 3 year older than treo 650, and in most part is superior to treo. (stability, multitasking OS, better BT support, screen size, etc..)
    So why do you use a Treo?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jefferson
    I don't take advantage of visiting hours at the "looney ward"... you'll have to make do without me.

If you have been with Palm (and Handspring for that matter) as long you say you have, and you're satisfied with the 650... who's the nut?

Rest in pieces Palm.
    Wow, you have some anger issues. Try decaf, you'll live longer.

Now if you'd care to make rational, informed comparisons, we're all happy to listen, but emotional outbursts are really not going to convince anyone. Just my opinion of course...disagree at will.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    The thing is, there's a bunch of really old nails in Palm's coffin that people put there long ago that have already rusted away, so Palm is still able to open the lid a wee bit to breath.
    The simple fact that many claim to have the next 'Treo Killer' indicates that the treo is the STANDARD by which all other smartphones are measured. It's a rather nice distinction.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Rest in pieces Palm.
    Try getting some action. It'll REALLY do you some good. LOL
    Slingmedia just started a beta program for a ppc client. Way cool application for a handheld. Won't apply to treo until 700w. Definite palm killer app.
    Quote Originally Posted by camartin
    Slingmedia just started a beta program for a ppc client. Way cool application for a handheld. Won't apply to treo until 700w. Definite palm killer app.
    And you can already do that with a PPC and Snapstream's Beyond TV. I wouldn't call it a Palm killer since it probably won't be widely used, but it's still pretty slick (and can help fill in those times when you're stuck in line somewhere).
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Wow, you have some anger issues. Try decaf, you'll live longer.

Now if you'd care to make rational, informed comparisons, we're all happy to listen, but emotional outbursts are really not going to convince anyone. Just my opinion of course...disagree at will.
    Nope, no anger... just complete utter disgust for Palm's incompetence and sympathy for all the loyal palm users and developers that deserved so much more.

You want anger... talk to anyone that worked at Handspring before Rosie Palm bought them out and screwed the pooch. (Handspring was an awesome company... they gave us the 600, Palm did not.)

Want a good laugh? or groan, depending on if you were stupid enough to stand in line for another reaming... wait til you see how little memory they give us in the 700.

Edit: Democrat? yeah right.
    Edit: Get some?... y'know you're right, I am a little tense, it's been a few days.
    I'm with you about Palm's incompetence!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    You want anger... talk to anyone that worked at Handspring before Rosie Palm bought them out and screwed the pooch.
    Ahh, Handspring. The company that brought you the Visor, convinced you to buy accessories for the proprietary Springboard slot (and convinced companies to build Springboard cards), jumped to number 1 in sales, then promptly dropped the entire Visor line (and associated support) when the Treo 270 was released. No wonder their business model failed.
    Where did this guy come from? Its like he's all bent out of shape just because of a new phone? Oh and let me guess someone in here is a Republican...well no ones perfect but anway "Chuck" lets not take pot-shots on political parties okay or we'd have a field day with that clown in D.C.....Thanks.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Ahh, Handspring. The company that brought you the Visor, convinced you to buy accessories for the proprietary Springboard slot (and convinced companies to build Springboard cards), jumped to number 1 in sales, then promptly dropped the entire Visor line (and associated support) when the Treo 270 was released. No wonder their business model failed.
    Handspring's business model failed? Bwahhh hahahahahah.... moron!

... and that "Clown in Washington" is exactly what this country needed in these self-destructive, politically correct times. These whining idiots that continue to insist that the "war is being mismanaged" freaking kill me... like it's some kind of half-azzed corporate retreat we're talking about.

Hey Chuck, here's one for ya:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Navy SEALís are always taught:

1) Keep your priorities in order and 2) Know when to act without hesitation.

A Navy SEAL was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

One of the courses had a professor who was an avowed atheist and a member of the ACLU. One day he shocked the class when he came in, looked to the ceiling, and flatly stated, "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes." The lecture room fell silent.

You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am God. I'm still waiting."

It got down to the last couple of minutes when the SEAL got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him, knocking him off the platform.

The professor was out cold. The SEAL went back to his seat and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence.

The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the SEAL and asked, "What the hell is the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

The SEAL calmly replied, "God was too busy today protecting America's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid crap and act like an jackass. So He sent me.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My sentiments exactly.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast