Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ^FUNNY! Hadn't heard that one.
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS
    Well you can have that "Joke of a President in Washington" if you belive his crap, then you're even more of a nut job than he is. Well as I stated before, no ones perfect...especially a confederate ...I mean conservative running the white house.

This is totally off the subject of the other guy hating on palm. But I'd be more than happy to argue over that "thing" in office. Don't get me wrong I support our troops, I don't support killing them. There is a difference...deal with it...quickly.
    Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 12/21/2005 at 02:45 PM.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    Well you can have that "Joke of a President in Washington" if you belive his crap, then you're even more of a nut job than he is. Well as I stated before, no ones perfect...especially a confederate ...I mean conservative running the white house.

This is totally off the subject of the other guy hating on palm. But I'd be more than happy to argue over that "thing" in office. Don't get me wrong I support our troops, I don't support killing them. There is a difference...deal with it...quickly.
    You support our troops but don't support killing them? Do you know that the average Marine on the front lines in Iraq or Afghanistan would kick your azz if you said that to his(or her) face? Do you understand why? Big Bad Wolf... HAH! You need to change your handle to "Namby Pamby Panty Waist Little Weasel"

While you're trying to figure out what I'm talking about... pick up a history book... read the parts that pertain to U.S. foreign relations and the U.S.'s history of conflicts on foreign soil. Like most liberals, you have no real world knowledge of who we are and why we are free to spout mindless rhetoric as you seem to love to do.

I'm guessing you've never served our country in any way shape or form... never contributed a damned thing... that'd be typical... not stereotypical... just typical.

It would probably shock you to learn that I could NOT in any possible way be considered a "Conservative" or a "Republican"... not even close. I'm just sick to death of parroting, ill-informed, mealy mouths that aid the enemy at home.
    Tom and Wolf....you two should come join the frenzy over in OT, you would fit in perfectly!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Tom and Wolf....you two should come join the frenzy over in OT, you would fit in perfectly!
    Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass... I don't usually waste my time pissing in the wind over extremists on the left or right (being that only about 10% of the Country even has a grasp on what's really going on... but all this crapping on a U.S. war effort is really starting to chap my azz. There is little doubt that, when all is said and done, history will show that 2002 - 2010 was a truly superb job of crushing an invisible, not-clearly-defined enemy & at the same time finally giving the Middle East a fighting chance at some semblance of free society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jefferson
    Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass... I don't usually waste my time pissing in the wind over extremists on the left or right
    Ahh, irony.
    Before you start shooting your mouth off know the facts. My brothers wouldn't kick my *** for saying that. Yes one is Marine, 164th Division in Afganistan. My other brother is Army Reservist who was called to duty this past spring. Do they know that I support them? Hell yes they do. Do I support Bush's war? No. No I don't think they should be over there. No I don't think that the ideal Republican New World Order has a place in our government. You started this whole thing out knocking on Democrats. I'm a proud Democrat, and so are my brothers. Do I support Bush's decisions??? Hell no! Do I think he sucks? Hell yes and more and more people are starting to open their eyes. Or he wouldn't have went on the air to salvage his name. People are questioning his leadership. So go on with your bad self and keep knocking on the Democrats, it doesn't bother me. The next Democrat you knock down will be the one to save your ***...No I didn't serve in the armed forces, instead I chose college, now if that makes me the enemy so be it. Its my right to say what I feel, whether you like or not so deal with it.

Oh and for the person that started this thread from the begining, no one has yet to crush palm...just for the record. Thanks
    Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 12/22/2005 at 09:32 AM.
    Oh and for the person that started this thread from the begining, no one has yet to crush palm...just for the record. Thanks
    Except for maybe Palm itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Except for maybe Palm itself.
    Oh so true!!! I mean we'll just have to see if Palm can get out of this situation with the 700p. I think the only phone that might just out do the Treo is the JasJar, but then again thats a like holding a laptop to the side of your head!
  10.    #30  
    Do I support Bush's war?
    "Bush's War"... perfect.

There you have it.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Before you start shooting your mouth off know the facts. My brothers wouldn't kick my *** for saying that. Yes one is Marine, 164th Division in Afganistan. My other brother is Army Reservist who was called to duty this past spring. Do they know that I support them? Hell yes they do. Do I support Bush's war? No. No I don't think they should be over there. No I don't think that the ideal Republican New World Order has a place in our government. You started this whole thing out knocking on Democrats. I'm a proud Democrat, and so are my brothers. Do I support Bush's decisions??? Hell no! Do I think he sucks? Hell yes and more and more people are starting to open their eyes. Or he wouldn't have went on the air to salvage his name. People are questioning his leadership. So go on with your bad self and keep knocking on the Democrats, it doesn't bother me. The next Democrat you knock down will be the one to save your ***...No I didn't serve in the armed forces, instead I chose college, now if that makes me the enemy so be it. Its my right to say what I feel, whether you like or not so deal with it.

Do you support the war that the congress and the senate overwhelmingly approved? How about the war that John Kerry voted for ( and against). How about the war that Hillary Clinton supports? Just curious since it seems you are talking about something different.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Oh so true!!! I mean we'll just have to see if Palm can get out of this situation with the 700p.
    I hope so. Competition is a wonderful thing.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Do you support the war that the congress and the senate overwhelmingly approved? How about the war that John Kerry voted for ( and against). How about the war that Hillary Clinton supports? Just curious since it seems you are talking about something different.
    Here we go again...Oh are we talking about the same war where Bush stated he knew there were weapons of mass destruction? Or that his intelligence was up to date and unquestionable? Then turned around 2100 dead soldiers later and then said oh by the way my intelligence was wrong, sorry my fault....yes the same exact war.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Support the soldiers. They are the only ones who are involved in this for their country. Bush hasn't a clue and nor do the people around him. The Republicans have sold themselves out just to support "their" President. The Democrats have no backbones either and don't even have a common position. Stop supporting these idiots but please support the those who doing their jobs to protect you, whether you think it is necessary or not.

This has nothing to do with the "Treo Killers, Crushers, Vaporizers, Breakfast Buffet Treo Eating Monsters...," which is one of the funniest titles I've seen on these forums. The Treo is still on top and will continue to be, if the Windows one has enough memory, unlike the 650. Wasn't the Treo supposed to be a Blackberry killer anyways? They seem to be doing ok, well, not counting legal troubles.
    Not getting involved in a political fight on a tech forum...

I think "killer" shouldn't really be used anyway. "Serious alternative(or something like that)" is better. People are always going to be fans of Treo, BB or PPC; one or the other. All 3 have proven to be viable and popular alternatives. One person's "killer" is another's "lemon" as we can clearly see by diverse choice of devices on this board alone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I think "killer" shouldn't really be used anyway. "Serious alternative(or something like that)" is better. People are always going to be fans of Treo, BB or PPC; one or the other. All 3 have proven to be viable and popular alternatives. One person's "killer" is another's "lemon" as we can clearly see by diverse choice of devices on this board alone.[/b]
    You sound like Hobbes (which is a good thing )

I agree...no perfect phone for everyone.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

In all honesty if BB doesn't actually lose steam, I can see WM5 and BB being the mainstream powers to beat. Now Palm on the other hand if they're able to take their head out of their rear they maybe actually a contender. I see BB becoming a more stable and competitive product. The phones are getting smaller of sorts and are slowly but surely becoming products for the average consumer. We all know corporate america lives and breathes BB. What do you think? I mean palm is already adding BB connect so we'll see what happens in the future. Then again to me BB looks like a foot and I wouldn't be caught dead talking into a foot...lol
  18.    #38  
    Hey BigBadWeasel here are a few tidbits for you...

I had a few minutes to kill between late night orders so here goes...

Liberals claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war... they **** and moan about his prosecution of it... One liberal recently claimed Bush was the worst President in US History, I think Wolfboy would agree with them on that. Let's clear up one point right here and right now... George W. Bush did not start the war on terror, he inherited it after being in office for about 9 months. Remember he also took office about 10 months after the worst stock market slide since you know when. Osama Bin Laden has been hammering away at us for years in one way or another; this began long before 9/11... lets take a good look at this "Clown's" track record. (this is what BigBadWolf.. calls our Commander in Chief)

F.D.R. (Democrat) led us into WWII. Germany never attacked us, Japan did.
    From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 souls per year.

Truman (Democrat) finished that war and started a new one in Korea. N. Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,333 per year.

John F. Kennedy (Democrat) started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson (Democrat) successfully turned Vietnam into a quagmire of the worst kind... we essentially lost that war, primarily because of naysayers at home and in the press. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost or 5,800 per year average.

Clinton (Democrat) went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent. Bosnia never attacked us. Clinton was, in fact, was offered Osama Bin Ladens head three times by Sudan & he did nothing, claiming we had nothing to hold him on, even though he had blatantly attacked us several times, claiming responsibility... Over 2,900 lives were lost on 9/11.

Huh? You mean nearly all U.S. conflicts over the past Century on foreign soil were led by Democrat Presidents? Wow!, but wait, Republicans are warhawks right?

Sadly, since March 20, 2003 (about 33 months ago) 2,161 U.S. soldiers have lost their lives in Iraq and 257 have died in battle in Afghanistan since our 'official' launch of that campaign on Oct 7, 2001.

Since 9/11, The US has liberated 2 countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled Al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Lybia, Iran & North Korea. Lybia and Jordan have officially denounced terrorism and are joining forces with us without firing a shot. Israel has pulled back, giving the Palestinians their last shot to be perceived as sane in front of the World. We finally have badly needed human intelligence on the ground everywhere in the Middle East. And Saddam Hussein, instead of continuing to give the UN/US/World the finger and gleefully paying suicide bomber families $30,000 a piece in return for dead Jews, is now in shackles, answering to a World Court Judge every day... he too will be dead soon. Osama? He's hiding in a cave somewhere counting down his last days? weeks? months? or he's dead already.

The Dems are bellyaching about how long the war is taking, but, fact is, it took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound (51 days).

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

And of course, it took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida.

The Democrats are currently complaining about damn near everything associated with the Oval Office. It seems that a U.S. President who's administration has endured unprecedented attacks from terrorists, incredible natural disasters and after successfully rebounding from some of the darkest economic numbers we've seen in decades while dealing with the highest fuel costs in history... well, it seems that he's just a "clown" just a screw up... maybe the worst president in history... right?

How long did we occupy Japan after the surrender again?... oh google it for Christ's sake... How long did we occupy Germany after the surrender... what's that? yep, that's right... and how long did the hitler youth slaughter citizens by night after the surrender, uhuh... 3+ years... and that was Germany! Both of these countries are some of our closest allies today, either one can be described as a super successful democracy... yes folks, it's painful, it always is... but it is worth it.

Want World Peace? It doesn't just magically happen, especially with Saddams and Osamas out there... it is earned.

Maybe the pacifists are right, maybe if we just throw away our right to bear arms the criminals will suddenly get all soft on us... whoops, nope... Australia doesn't think so... they've been there already.

Well OK, maybe someone else will take out the Global trash for us so we don't have to send U.S. soldiers into battle. How about France? Belgium? Russia? How about Costa Rica? Anyone?... Beuller? Beuller? anyone?... Oh wait, lets get China to go in and start occupying countries... yeah that's it!

You know what Big Bad Weasel?... you're just going to have to unbunch your little impatient, spoiled rotten panties and grow up. While your at it, go join your brothers that I have tremendous respect for and defend this Great Country.... or are you "not into that right now?"
    For the love of god, will you PLEASE take your assinine politcal ranting elsewhere? OT would be fine, another forum entirely would be even better.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  20.    #40  
    Awe jeeezz Daddy, he started it....

What can I say? As a devout Independent... Screaming Liberals pee me off.

And for the record, it's no more assinine than the thankless hobby of relentlessly dicking around with a Palm product that will never ever work as advertised.

Interesting Avatar, very prime time...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast