Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I like updating my Today screen so I figured I'd start a thread so we could share and get ideas from each other. I'll start by showing you mine.

BTW, since 2000 man managed to get a couple of other PPC threads shut down with his incesant bashing, I'd like to request we keep this thread civil.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Here are some of mine. I actually went in and created menu folders to organize my start menu:
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    i'll post mine once some of my calendar appts have passed. too lazy to edit them for sake of picture :-)
    but a question to you hobbes, is that marsware weather panel? looks slightly different from version i have - but it could just be your setup. one thing i wish marsware did was tell me how much snow accumulation i should expect for my area ;-)
    Yeah, which one is that Hobbes? I thought it was Pocket Breeze but I could be wrong.

Looks like it's in the deluxe skin pack that you can buy along with PB. I definitely think I'll be getting PB myself. Or maybe it's Pocket Weather, looks like same developer as PB.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 12/19/2005 at 03:43 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It is Marsware's Weather Panel. Attached are how I have it set now, and all the different screens of info it provides. It is really cool seeing people being Wowed with live radar picks with virtual zooming and panning.
    Can only attach 5 pictures at a time, so here is the last one.....
    Seeing these screenshots so makes me wish that there was a decent WM5 SMS application......

I'm back!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    ahh thats why it looks *slightly* different... you have v.2.5, i have v.2.0... i think the reason why i never upgrade was 2.0 was the last freeware and at the time i wasnt sure if i was going to stick with it. still looks great though, one of the best ppc apps hands down! by the looks of it though, it still doesnt tell accumulations... maybe its too difficult to get each area/city's accumulation...
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    It is Marsware's Weather Panel. Attached are how I have it set now, and all the different screens of info it provides. It is really cool seeing people being Wowed with live radar picks with virtual zooming and panning.
    Thanks! Is that on Handango too? So it's better than Pocket Weather? Is it better than World Mate too? Sorry for all the questions.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I have both, Pocket Weather and Weather Panel, and Weather Panel is far superior with Radar maps and loads of additional information and area comparisons (a screen shot I did not include).

As for World Mate. I used it a little a year or so ago and I believe there has been an update since then. For weather it is along the lines of Pocket Weather. It is spendy though. If you do a lot of traveling I would recommend it as it does real time flight updates and info, lots of time zone info, currency calculator, etc.....
    Here are some of mine. I actually went in and created menu folders to organize my start menu:
    How did you do this? Stock app or 3rd party? THanks
    You can do it with the stock Folder Explorer. But I use Resco's File explorer as it is more powerful and easier to use. It also supports drag and drop which makes it really fast to organize your Start Menu.

Just create any folders you want under Windows\Start Menu . Then copy (or drag and drop) any shortcuts into your folders.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 12/19/2005 at 12:57 PM.
    What site is Resco's File on, please? Handango or Pocketgear?

Resco File Explorer can be dl'd from either Handango or PocketGear or from resco.net directly.

Weather Panel is far superior to Pocket Weather (but I have both on my today screen) - but - major caveat - the developer has been missing since late spring. I wouldn't buy it now since I've read of folks not getting reg codes. Also, the weather data comes off the Marsware site whose domain name will expire next spring. Unless the dev resurfaces, the app will stop working when the domain expires.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Thanks for the warning Phurth! That's too bad, it looks cool.

You can do it with the stock Folder Explorer. But I use Resco's File explorer as it is more powerful and easier to use. It also supports drag and drop which makes it really fast to organize your Start Menu.

Just create any folders you want under Windows\Start Menu . Then copy (or drag and drop) any shortcuts into your folders.

I hope this helps.
    Will that just add more folders? I like how you have them open in the start menu to reveal the contents rather than actually opening the folder. Is that a resco thing?
    Thanks for the info!

No, it is a folder structure thing. Resco was only the File Explorer I used to create the folders.

Have you ever modified, created, etc... the folders in your desktop PC, if so, it is the exact same thing for WM.

Just browse to Windows\Start Menu and then creat any folder you want. I did it by subject, i.e. Games, GPS, System, Reference, Office, Multimedia, Graphics, etc..... Then I just drag and drop any shortcuts into the folders. Then when you click on Start Menu it is organized.

Now, as mentioned I am using Wishbar Advanced 2 to make my Start Menu cascade like it is shown.
    Thanks, i got the folder thing, it was the cascading that was alluding me and I didn't see any reference to Wishbar. NOw it make sense. Thank's for clearing it up!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast