Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MiniSD
    Its really not that big. I played with one at one of the Nokia Showrooms at the Beverly Center in Los Angeles. Its a great alternative for someone who does not want a treo or bb. Its very thin, the screen is beautiful and its the first Symbian phone from Nokia with a full qwerty keyboard. I am considering picking one up since I love symbiam. Its going to be one hot device and not bad in price either. Mobilebee has it scheduled as coming soon and with a price of $499.99. I would consider the Nokia e61 more of a motorola "Q" killer than a treo killer.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Wow, I didn't know it was in the States. I have to get my hands on one soon. I agree that Symbian is excellent. I used it in it's original EPOC form when it was PSION's OS, on both the 5MX and Revo -absolutely the best PDAs I ever used (unfortunately, not enough people agreed, most not being able to give up their Graffiti).
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    I've seen the E61 and it really does not look all that good; the proportions
    are all wrong for a phone. The Motorola Q is slightly (barely!) better.

For some reason, people assume that thin phones and phones without
    antennas are better...

- mvk
    They forgot the camera
    They forgot the headphone jack
    They forgot the stubby antenna
    They forgot the PDA
    and the touchscreen
    Quote Originally Posted by eimajuno
    Its really not that big.
    I was pretty interested in the E61 until I saw side-by-side pics with the 650:

http://www.engadget.com/2005/10/14/t...-the-treo-650/

It doesn't matter how thin or light it is, it's too wide for my tastes (and pockets!).
    I am more interested in a P990 vs E61 side by side comparison. How come Sony can stuff a touchscreen in the much smaller M600 and Nokia can't put it in the E61. I mean why are they so lazy.

Is Nokia still keeping the flapship 9000 series "hotdog" phones?
    Not bad.
    Wider screen and easy keyboard would be helpful
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    Touch screens are a nuisance.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    I'm just the opposite. A touch screen is often a real necessity when surfing or doing a lot of menu intensive work. In fact, I'd love to see a Razr size flip phone with standard phone keypad AND touch screen so you could use transcriber or on screen keyboard for more intensive text input. (Of course it would be EDGE/HSDPA, WiFi, bluetooth, and memory card).

Heaven
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Many people, myself included, wouldn't have a Treo w/o them and it's one of the features most often cited of why Treoglydites wouldn't convert to another device. For my every day business use, I tend to be 5 way oriented but when concentrating on the Palm itself to play a game or ecen using fileZ, I am more screen oriented. And, couldn't play EDGE or Soduku w/o them.

There is a reason why PC's never quite really took off until they got a GUI. Unless you are doing something every day, the command line or 5 way shortcuts are counter intuitive. Things people do infrequently, tend to be done through the GUI.
    It was mostly a flip comment, but using a BB for a year also taught me to appreciate the simplicity of using a wheel and a click button. It's actually the same logic of the mouse and of designs like the iPod. There's only one "regular" laptop with a touch screen and the tablet devices have caught on slowly -I think. But, I agree that it can add and improve functionality, and I remember buying an iPAQ 2215 on the spot when someone first illustrated the transcriber to me a few years ago. And I am going to try the spb keyboard as soon as I find some screen protectors for the MDA.
    E61 FCC approved today so should be seeing it soon on store shelves.

Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Not that I think that this is going to be a supposed Treo-Killer, a device to do that is going to have to be something special, but I think this is going to be a very strong device on the tech front. It already offers something that the Treo doesn't right now, and thats the Blackberry Connect Client, there has been on for Symbian for a while I believe, and also with the ability to load a native version of Opera built for Symbian that actually gives you a full actually web browser, I think this is a device to be taken seriously. If I was still running GSM I would buy one of these as soon as it hit the shelves. I wouldn't give up my Treo, but this would make a nice secondary device, since I always carry two devices.
    I think I like a lot of things about this device except the width, as others have mentioned. Overall spec is dope though.
    I have essentially wasted my workday researching phones again, which happens about once a month. Now I like the Nokia e70.
    I would like to play with one . Anyone taking preorder or selling them?
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    I have essentially wasted my workday researching phones again, which happens about once a month. Now I like the Nokia e70.
    I liked the e70 last Tuesday and Friday...
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    MiniSD
    I agree. I'm not prepared to change formats everytime I get a new device.
    I liked the e70 last Tuesday and Friday...
    hehe
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast