Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I must say Iím pretty impressed so far, Iíve had the PPC-6700 for 2 days now and have almost forgot my ďsmartphoneĒ woes. I dug up my old Scala-500 BT headset just to see what it was like on the 6700, TALK ABOUT NIGHT AND DAY! I almost scrapped the thing thinking it was a piece of junk using it on the T650 but now it works perfect! People can hear me, I can hear them NO MORE STATIC!
    The transfer was smother than I thought, installed the new activesync 4.1 and just about all the essentials were transferred over. I was reluctant at first with abandoning the T650 just because I was used to it and rather fond of the form factor but all the missed calls and other issue had me looking elsewhere.
    Iím still loading and tweaking it, I need to play with the MortSaver app address keyguard like issues, but outside of that itís great.
    ONE thing I already miss is scrolling though my contacts Iím used to type the letters on the treo one handed, I havenít found a way YET to do similar as easy on the 6700 (which makes it hard when drivingÖ).

Thanks to Hobbes and others for making the transition easy for me!
    My T650 is officially headed to Ebay.
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Just like you, I've had mine for 2 days and still am tweaking it/playing with it

Most people say that Microsoft Voice Command is the answer to calling people without opening the keyboard - I've yet to install it but it's on my list.
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    Just like you, I've had mine for 2 days and still am tweaking it/playing with it

Most people say that Microsoft Voice Command is the answer to calling people without opening the keyboard - I've yet to install it but it's on my list.
    That is definately a program you want to pick up... makes dialing while driving or when you can't use both hands simple. I've gotten spoiled and use it all the time now unless I'm somewhere there is a lot of backround noise.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    I must say Iím pretty impressed so far, Iíve had the PPC-6700 for 2 days now and have almost forgot my ďsmartphoneĒ woes.

ONE thing I already miss is scrolling though my contacts Iím used to type the letters on the treo one handed, I havenít found a way YET to do similar as easy on the 6700 (which makes it hard when drivingÖ).

Thanks to Hobbes and others for making the transition easy for me!
    My T650 is officially headed to Ebay.
    Welcome to the Darkside of TC!!!!!!

You need to get ContactBreeze for easy and fast contacts:

http://www.sbsh.net/products/contactbreeze/

Between that and PocketBreeze, even though I have and use Pocket Informant, these two have greatly reduced my need of it with putting all my emails, calendar for the day, and contacts on the Today page.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Welcome to the Darkside of TC!!!!!!

You need to get ContactBreeze for easy and fast contacts:

http://www.sbsh.net/products/contactbreeze/

Between that and PocketBreeze, even though I have and use Pocket Informant, these two have greatly reduced my need of it with putting all my emails, calendar for the day, and contacts on the Today page.
    Thanks installed the contacts program but it doesn't show up on the PPC, I even reinstalled, no go..I'm looking for the MS voice commander software now..

Anyone know if we can use the red power button to turn off the phone and wake it? like T650?
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    Thanks installed the contacts program but it doesn't show up on the PPC, I even reinstalled, no go..
    You probably simply need to select to show in on your Today screen in the settings.
    Thanks installed the contacts program but it doesn't show up on the PPC, I even reinstalled, no go..I'm looking for the MS voice commander software now..

Anyone know if we can use the red power button to turn off the phone and wake it? like T650?
    ContactBreeze is a plug-in for PocketBreeze. You have to have PB for CB to do anything.

Note that the built-in Contacts app will do a fast "letter at a time" scroll through the list if you just hold the joystick down.

The power button on top is how you turn it on and off - this confused me too. Holding the red phone key will just turn the CDMA radio off.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    You can use the front buttons to wake the device (in Settings>Buttons) but you'll still need to use the top button to turn it off.
    1 | 2
    nice to see another convert. get phm registry editor, gsplayer, and tcpmp asap

imo i couldn't use it without a today screen program.. the one im using is pcb pocket plus. http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=6846

there are a bunch of other similar programs out there as well.
  10.    #10  
    Ok...after using the 6700 for a while now, here's my feedback.

The gloss has worn off and I somewhat feel almost as I did moving from the T600 to the T650, I preferred the T600 over the T650 but loved the screen of the T650 too much to go back.

Not a good comparision because I DON'T want to go back to the T650, I just feel the PPC-6700 still has some issues I'm that need to be addressed and the formfactor doesn't work for me.

#1 on my list, no hard button on the front to dial, I REALLY miss this from the Treos, it's true Voice Command is amazing and I even use it in my noisey corvette and it was usually flawless, but there are still times when you want to dial but then you are challenged. My speaker seems to be fading out to the point where I can't hear the ringer I think it also affect VC cause I get poor regonition now, I'll have to bring it in to the Sprint store and get it swapped out.

Truth is this is the only major gripe I have with the 6700, and it may not apply to you but I almost NEVER open the keyboard and use it, as strange as it sounds I was better at typing on the Treo KB than the 6700 (could be the length of my fingernails..)
    WiFi is great but with EVDO I hardly notice the speed difference when browsing on the 6700, so I donít feel WiFi is necessary at all, unless youíre in a non EVDO area I guessÖ

Battery life, I get about the same I think or more than on my T650, I don't know how some got such great battery life, my T650 barely made it though the day... actually the only time it lasted more than a day was when it lasted more than a week when the radio broke and it couldn't get a signal...

Anyway, the PDA side of things are awesome, I honestly feel WM5 IS the mobile OS, which leads me to this conclusion. By the way using Thunderhawk I almost NEVER have to pull out my laptop to access certain sites (www.bitstream.com) then almost all work flawlessly, and it's like having an 800x600 browser window! check it out!

I feel the Treo 700w is the perfect mate of hardware + OS, I just hope Palm doesnít under power the device too much, one thing I know, as I stated above I donít think the lack of WiFi is much of an issue at allÖ Iím 99% sure I will be moving to this platform when itís available on Sprint.

Stick with the 6700. Someone posted pics of the 700w they got today, and the memory looks low and the screen washed out. Although the screen photos could have been bad photography. But the memory kills it for me absolutely! I have a device with the same low memory and I am afraid to add a lot to it. Make use of those 2 gig cards if you do get one!

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=103226
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Is the volume of earpeice or speakerphone an issue of being too low? I heard that could be an issue. Also how is outlook on it?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Is the volume of earpeice or speakerphone an issue of being too low? I heard that could be an issue. Also how is outlook on it?
    Earpiece works fine, it's the speaker at the back near the camera, that handles ringer and speakerphone, volume to low to be heard..

Outlook is pretty good as far as syncing, never had a issue, but the only gripe I have with it is that it doesn't seem to customizable, like what some of the other mail programs availible on PalmOS, and that's the only real problem I have with MS, when they have no competiton they see no need for improvement...

Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Lady Treo, now that the 700w is out, it has been confirmed that it has the standard WM5 setup for memory: 128 MB ROM and 64 MB RAM. This is the same configuration as the 6700 has.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    Lady Treo, now that the 700w is out, it has been confirmed that it has the standard WM5 setup for memory: 128 MB ROM and 64 MB RAM. This is the same configuration as the 6700 has.
    WOW, I'm on board then! does it use SD or miniSD?

16.    #16  
    One other thing people are hung on is the screen resolution, while the resolution IS better on the T650 itís NOT bad at all on the 6700 and Iíd image the same as the 700w, in fact I hardly notice a difference. Iím sure you compare you would but the bottom line is itís pretty good, itís not like the difference between a Treo 600 and Treo650Ö

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I'm confused -- in Lady's thread the guy has 25MB of RAM available. Is the system consuming more than half the RAM? That isn't fatal if you have an application that will auto quit apps. That was supposed to happen in the Smartphone but it didn't work as well as expected. It's also not the same problem as with the 650 since you will always have RAM if you want to run apps. But what is the final number and why only 25MB?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    Where are these low RAM photos coming from then?

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=103226

http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/12/treo_700w_specs.html

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...09#post6485809

Last edited by The Phone Diva; 01/06/2006 at 01:26 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I have one question if a 6700 owner wouldn't mind answering.. Does the browser render Javascript? Can one see the login screen at https://www.google.com/adsense/

Thanks in advance...
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
    I have one question if a 6700 owner wouldn't mind answering.. Does the browser render Javascript? Can one see the login screen at https://www.google.com/adsense/

Thanks in advance...
    I think Phurth answered this here.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast