1.    #1  
    I'm not looking top of the line...

but something that is EDGE compatible, has a good phone, decent browser, a camera, and Wi-Fi built in.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    I don't mean to be rude but you r request is likesaying, "I 'm looking for a car....it doesn't have to be top of the line but I'd like it to have leather seats, a 400 hp engine, and either a Ferrari, Lambhorgini, or Porsche badge.

The specs you request are only available on a high end model PPC Phone.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  3.    #3  
    Gotcha...not rude at all. I don't know much about the PPC's.

So what are the ones that have those features?
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    EDGE, wi-fi, good phone, camera and decent browser is only available on the I-Mate K-Jam, QTek 9100, Eten 600, and I believe the HTC Faraday as well. Most of these are only available through importers like www.madmonkeyboy.com. The Cingular 8125 will be available soon as well. Other options are the Siemens SX66, the HP 6315, the Audiovox SMT5600, the Cingular 2125, the HP 6515 or the I-Mate Jam but all of these are missing one or more of your spec requests.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  5.    #5  
    Seems like Wi-Fi's the big ticket item.

What if you take out Wi-Fi...are any decent without the hefty pricetag?
    How much are you looking to spend? Everything you mentioned on unlocked devices is about $700 or a bit more, but if you travel, it's worth it. If you don't, wait for Cingular's official releases(or T-mobile's) and pay less with a contract.

The HTC 2125(Cingular) has just been released, no wi-fi(it's been disabled on the branded versions) but it's $300(there's also a $100 rebate) with a 2 yr. contract and has the rest of the features you mentioned, plus bluetooth and video phone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7.    #7  
    I guess I'd like to test drive one of these....and $500-600 doesn't seem unreasonable since I paid that for my Treo 600 way back when (and got a free upgrade to the 650).

Why does madmonkeyboy have the Qtek 9100 as a "used" item? Does the phone suck? Why are people returning them?
    I think if you check into it, you'll find his "used" equipment is often a loaner to a reviewer, or a test drive to a new customer, ans therefore it can't be sold as new.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  9.    #9  
    I'm going to try out the KJam...

Lady Treo...is that what you have? How do you input text? or don't you?!
    No, in Chicago the 2125 apparently can only be found on the Cingular website. It's also not a PPC phone, but a smartphone(phone first, PDA functions second, smartphone edition WM), so it's T9 input I guess. Now the K-Jam is a full PPC phone. It's a better choice. I just wanted to test the 2125 because it's a candy bar smartphone(easier to carry sometimes). Good luck with the K-Jam!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11.    #11  
    What about the JAM?
  12.    #12  
    Okay...I've been playing with the Imate JAM for 2 days now and I gotta say I hate it.

The lack of a keyboard is only mildly a nuisance but the overall clumbsiness of the operating system is underwhelming me.

The phone volume is inferior to the 650. So its not only less efficient for me as a PDA but its also not as good a phone.
    Many converts from Palm to PPC have similar feelings. Ultimately it comes down to a choice - are you more phone-centric or more data-centric? The Treo excels at PDA and phone functions (and one-handed operation), but the PPC devices are more advanced than the Treo in pure data functionality.

There are aftermarket items such as MS Voice Command that narrow the gap considerably. I think you'd find the K-Jam a considerable step up from the Jam as well, so I wouldn't count out PPC until you've used a WM5 device with a built in keyboard.

Just my .02.
    The whiny minority always out-posts the contented majority.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Okay...I've been playing with the Imate JAM for 2 days now and I gotta say I hate it.

The lack of a keyboard is only mildly a nuisance but the overall clumbsiness of the operating system is underwhelming me.

The phone volume is inferior to the 650. So its not only less efficient for me as a PDA but its also not as good a phone.
    I thought you were testing the K-Jam, a different device(yeah it's confusing with the similar names). That one does have a keyboard.

http://www.dweiniger.com/catalog/pro...products_id=96

15.    #15  
    Is the K-JAM what you have?

I got sticker shock looking at those.
    The K-Jam is on my wish list still. But he has some cheaper smartphones I may take a look at until I can get the K-Jam. T9 entry doesn't kill me, I've done it before.