Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Aside from Cingular.com (cause I don't need another 2-yr contract) where can I purchase this thing?

Also if Cingular is selling it without a contract anyone know how much it is?
    It's usually $100 to $150 more without a contract. I hope there's an unlocked one somewhere out there. Expansys may get it in.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    After a few calls it seems that nobody knows about this phone and it can't be ordered cause it's "not in their system yet". It's on the Cingular website...but no dice anywhere else...and I don't see an option on the website to purchase it without a contract...damn
    Try waiting for the unlocked to appear. It's rumored that both Orange and Cingular had the wi-fi disabled. But it's supposed to have it. The unlocked should not have anything disabled.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Try waiting for the unlocked to appear. It's rumored that both Orange and Cingular had the wi-fi disabled. But it's supposed to have it. The unlocked should not have anything disabled.
    Yeah, there are two simular looking models. The HTC Tornado and Faraday (cingular 2135).

The only different is that the Faraday does not have Wifi and has a hump. the Tornado doesn't have the hump and has wifi. I'm waiting for t-mobile to pick up the Tornado (T-Mobile SDA 2).

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    tru www.madmonkeyboy.com for the unbranded, unlocked version. U can also buy it via telesales at Cingular, just go to the 2125 thread at www.howardforums.com and get the sku number that is listed on one of the last pages of that thread. Then call in and request that sku number without a contract.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    It's not on there. Can he order it?

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    tru www.madmonkeyboy.com for the unbranded, unlocked version. U can also buy it via telesales at Cingular, just go to the 2125 thread at www.howardforums.com and get the sku number that is listed on one of the last pages of that thread. Then call in and request that sku number without a contract.
    Thanks for the help.

I'm having trouble finding the sku in the hofo thread but I still have like 40 pages to go
    The 2125 has been pulled from Cingular's website and the stores had no knowledge of this device anyway when I called. What happened? Did the website have it up too soon?

I bought one from the website and have been using it for about a week and a half. Great phone but I'm torn between it and the 650.
    The 2125 has been pulled from Cingular's website and the stores had no knowledge of this device anyway when I called. What happened? Did the website have it up too soon?
    I think they sold out (or came close to selling out). I got mine on 12/19 (ordered 12/16), and it is great. I still miss my keyboard from the Treo 650, but every time I use it and can hear and be heard, the big smile appears, and at half as wide and thick as the Treo 650, I couldn't be happier. That doesn't mean the siren song of the 8125 won't get me (aren't geeks pathetic) but this is by far the BEST cell phone I've ever owned.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I think they sold out (or came close to selling out). I got mine on 12/19 (ordered 12/16), and it is great. I still miss my keyboard from the Treo 650, but every time I use it and can hear and be heard, the big smile appears, and at half as wide and thick as the Treo 650, I couldn't be happier. That doesn't mean the siren song of the 8125 won't get me (aren't geeks pathetic) but this is by far the BEST cell phone I've ever owned.
    That's great to hear that you like the phone.

Any querks with the MS OS? I'm itching to get the wifi version!

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    2 WM5 wi-fi smartphones can be found here(yes PHONES first, not PDA phones)! I have to thank Jlczl for once posting this site's link on another thread. I got hooked, that site is GREAT!!

http://www.dweiniger.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=102

http://www.dweiniger.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=103

If you're itching, there's a used one on there for $100 less. I was looking at it, but I'm such a procrastinator. Whomever gets the deal first.

Thnx for those links, but If i'm going to spend $500 for a smart phone with wifi i'll sign up for Earthlink and buy a wifi sled... I'll wait for the T-Mo branded (i hope it's the black one!! i hear the sliver version has some wicked small number keys)

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    I have tried but cannot give up the keyboard on my treo.
    Palm m105>Visor Prizm>Tungsten T>Clie Nx70v>Tungsten T3>Treo 600>Clie UX50>Tungsten T5>Treo 650>Tungsten TX>Treo 650 agian!!!
    T-Mobile USA is SLOWWW in updating it's devices now, when it used to be a lot better. Look at T-Mobile UK, what's USA T-Mobile's problem?

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher

If anyone still wants this phone, my favorite Cingular store in Chicago said they will get some in the stores next Thursday. And they're back on the website. FINALLY!

Does anyone know if there's a mini-SD slot? I didn't see it listed in the specs. Thanks!

Does anyone know if there's a mini-SD slot? I didn't see it listed in the specs. Thanks!
    Yes, under the battery, so you better buy the biggest you can get.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Thanks! Maybe that's why the specs missed it, maybe the writer didn't find it. I think I've seen 1gb mini-SD. That should be enough for a candy bar phone, right?

But is it worth it to bypass the 2125 for this: http://www.dweiniger.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=117

It's similar, but is unlocked and has wi-fi. I'm still torn a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast