Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This thread is for asking and answering questions about PPC in general and the PPC 6700 specifically.

Please no "compare and contrast with other handhelds", negative opinions or bashing in general. There are some useful tips/info here
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=99291

I'll go first:

To change the Phone on and off sound since its not a choice in the Sounds program.

Go: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/PhoneExtendedFunction/FlightModeOnOff

Change the directory of the Sound_on and Sound_off to the directory and name of the sound file you want to use.
    On a related note:

The phone on and off .wav files are in the \Windows directory. The PhoneOff.wav file is crazy large (almost 800k). I deleted it (it's not in ROM), made a copy of the PhoneOn sound (which is only 17k) and renamed the copy to "PhoneOFF.wav". It seemed silly to have such a large file for one seldom used sound effect.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  3.    #3  
    Great! I didnt know I could delete that, thanks
    Does anyone know a good keyguard solution? I have it enabled, but at times the phone randomly turns on and the call button can get pressed.
  5.    #5  
    MortSaver is free and seems to be an excellent solution.
    http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=14321
    I also use and am pleased with Mortsaver.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Im dl Mortsaver tonight, looks great. I like how is shows the time, battery, and phone signal.
  8.    #8  
    I turned off the "check for missed calls" option in mortsaver since my 6700 gets its notifications stuck. Yesterday my 6700 told me all day long that I missed a call and also gave me a pop up about PhatSpell. I think this may be related to Sprint and or CDMA. I have read around a bit about the fact that the 6700 dosent have a "clear voicemail" button when my voicemail icon was stuck on.

It seems to have gotten over that today.

P.S. If you voice mail icon gets stuck on just call and leave yourself a message then call and delete it.
  9.    #9  
    Hey, how about that Spb Finance it the 2005 best finance software winner. It is pretty awesome. It kicks Splash Money's @$$. http://www.pocketpcmag.com/awards/ca...tid=39#Finance
    Phone alarm is also a great app to have on the 6700. Granted it is still in beta but will soon be finished. If you can, check it out.

<And it's nice to have a "friendly" 6700 thread for once!!! Hopefully it continues...>
    This just in:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ReenSoft Newsletter 13 Dec 2005

ReenSoft released PIEPlus V1.3 RC1.

It's been a very long time. We're so sorry to take a too long time to
    release new version and sincerely appreciate your patience and your
    feedback about the beta version.

This new version is V1.3 Release Candidate 1. If there is no serious
    problem, this will be released as the official V1.3. After releasing
    the official V1.3, we'll develop a new version for Windows Mobile 5.

But if you want to buy PIEPlus, please wait. We're preparing [SPECIAL
    DISCOUNT EVENT] to celebrate the V1.3 official release.

http://www.reensoft.com/images/newsl...usV1_3_RC1.jpg

Click the image to see the screenshot of PIEPlus V1.3 RC1 on WM2003 SE
    VGA device.
    One of the biggest missing pieces for me with WM5 is the lack of tabbed browsing add-ons for PocketIE. There are several for WM2003 on down, but WM5 broke all of them. The above newsletter announcing an update to PIEPlus mentions an upcoming WM5 version - this is awesome news!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash
    Phone alarm is also a great app to have on the 6700. Granted it is still in beta but will soon be finished. If you can, check it out.
    I'll second phoneAlarm. It can be flaky (it's actually alpha, so go in with appropriate expectations), but the idea is great. Another profile manager (without the notification displays, though) is PocketZenPhone.

The only real problem with both is that the developers are overseas and do all their testing and development on GSM phones. The 6700 being CDMA is a slightly different animal.
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    I'll second phoneAlarm. It can be flaky (it's actually alpha, so go in with appropriate expectations), but the idea is great. Another profile manager (without the notification displays, though) is PocketZenPhone.

The only real problem with both is that the developers are overseas and do all their testing and development on GSM phones. The 6700 being CDMA is a slightly different animal.

This is the first I have heard of PocketZenPhone... it does all of the sms alert repeats, etc...? I was looking for something like that, I will have to check it out.
    One bad thing is that because of the larger screen, all of my videos I compressed for the Treo with Kinoma don't look as good when I play them using TCMP on my 6700. Anyone have the "perfect" settings in Kinoma producer for the 6700?
  15.    #15  
    Ive been playing with phonealarm alpha 7 for a few days now and so far it looks pretty stable. Im having trouble with mortsaver killing the reminder notifications. I signed up at the pocketmax forum and asked about that, the response I got was that I didnt need mortsaver if I had phonealarm since phonealarm has a screen off setting......

But I cant find it,,,,, or a manual......

If nothing else pocketmax has a ScreenGuard app that I guess plays nice with phonealarm...
    PocketZenPhone: http://zendrui.free.fr

Features:
    - 2 to 7 custom modes
    - Volume settings
    - Ring settings (vibrate, flash, vibrate and ring...)
    - Notifications settings (display, vibrate, ring..)
    - Radio(phone)/Bluetooth/Headset on/off option
    - WIFI BT/Headset on/off (On Incoming Call option)
    - Bluetooth Headset settings
    - AutoPickup
    - Sounds settings
    - Time Programmed switches
    - Calendar based switches (Category/Status/Rules)
    - Run program settings
    - Screen Orientation or ON/OFF
    - Backlight settings
    - Power settings
    - User time defined switches by tap&hold menu
    - Call Number
    - Sound on Mode Change
    - PZPTray command line with parameters
    - Skin customization
  17.    #17  
    Just wanted to share the changes that I thought were worth making to my PPC 6700

Changed the glyph cache registry from 8192 to 16384 to speed up screen rotation.

1. Open your registry editor o_n your Pocket PC
    2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\
    3. Change the value of 'limit' from 8192 to 32768
    4. Close registry editor and soft reset.

Extend kb LEDs lights:

Open you registry editing program and go to: HKEY_Current_User, then go to Control Panel, then to Backlight, then at the bottom you'll see a key that says QKEYLED TIMEOUT.

Modify that key and change the D Word from 10 to whatever seconds you want. I have mine set for 60. After you make your change click ok, then do a soft reset. It works for me! 60 seconds seems to be for me the best setting, 10 seconds was way to short. Hope this helps!

Change the default media player:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:WMPLAYER

change, String 1 from wmplayer.exe to "\Program Files\TCPMP\player.exe" with quotes.. that's assuming that you have TCPMP installed there. That should be it.

----------------------------------------------------------
    To change the IE button home page.

Open Notepad on your PC.

Create a file that has only:

28#"\Windows\iexplore.exe"

Or, if you want the hardware button to actually open a site for you, create a file that says, for instance:

http://www.google.com/xhtml

Save the file as "Internet Explorer.lnk" Of course, save as "all files" instead of "text file." Then, open the AppButtons directory on your mobile device through My Computer on your PC. Drag the file you have newly created over the directory. It will ask you to replace. Say yes. Your hardware button now takes you to the page you entered the URL for.

http://www.google.com/pda?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIX THE SLOW RINGER

To do this, you will need your MSL, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you. Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST). You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remove icons from tray

In the registry, change the following key:
    Screen rotation Icon
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\ScreenRotate\ShowIcon
    from 1 to 0

Wireless manager Icon
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\WirelessMgr
    DWord: Keep Set Value: 0 0x0(0)

Battery Icon
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\PowerDWord: ShowIcon Set Value: 0 0x0(0)

Change scroll bar size

Navigate to HKey_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GWE\
    and tweak the following values.
    cyHScr : Horizontal Scrollbars Height in pixels (default is 13)
    cxHScr : Horizontal Scrollbars Width in pixels (default is 20)
    cyVScr : Vertical Scrollbars Height in pixels (default is 20)
    cxVScr : Vertical Scrollbars Width in pixels (default is 13)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also the best d@m case for your PPC,,,,,,,, guess,,,,,,,,

Nutshell tuff-as-nuts

More pics here http://photobucket.com/albums/b339/p...0%20Nutshell/?

Link here http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID12687...Belt-Case.aspx
    Awesome stuff Tem, keep em coming! I'm definitely trying the registry edit to speed up screen rotation.
    1 | 2
  19.    #19  
    Heres a resource for reg edits http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=57061 I found the ones I did there. The only one I kinda came up with on my own was my version of LedOff:

Hkey_Local_Machine/Drivers/Builtin/AllLEDMgr

And change the Index value from 1 to 0

------------------------------------------

And there is another one I did but I cant recall it right now....
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    PocketZenPhone: http://zendrui.free.fr

Features:

Thanks I will try it out. Appreciate it.
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast