Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
    As an FYI, I found a new forum out there dedicated to the PPC6700: http://ppc6700users.com/forums/

I haven't spent any time there yet, but there seems to be a decent level of traffic even though it just went live near the end of December. It also seems to be a somewhat "friendlier" resource than that other PDA phone site.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Looks like a nice find! Thanks for sharing. =)
  3.    #163  
    Thanks Phurth,

I bet my registry and everything is a mess from moving files, DL'in freeware and incompatible apps, and just not knowing what I'm doing in general.

I figure a ROM update will come out by the time I'm done experimenting. Is a ROM update similar to ROM updates on palm? You know, hard reset, run update, hard reset again?

Then I'll start over just with the rig edits and software I stuck with. I was thinking everything would be clean and in order then.

Thanks for the info on the forum. I went ahead and joined there. That's about 8 forums now,,, but still only really like this one
    Thanks for the info once again, Phurth!

Here's BBP, please let me know what you all think. I thought it looked like a cool app, but that's just me.

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...=24948&R=24948

This one says "over the air", I'm not really sure what the difference is. I think it's an older version with less(or different), not completely sure but it's the same price as the other version. I'm interested in the top version because it has worldwide weather also.

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...42360&R=142360

Also, I looked at Thunderhawk. Is it really worth the $50 yearly subscription and how long is the trial for? Also, where do I install it if I decide to get it?
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 01/04/2006 at 06:14 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Here's BBP, please let me know what you all think.
    I don't have much experience with PPC apps so I really can't say.

This one says "over the air", I'm not really sure what the difference is. I think it's an older version with less(or different), not completely sure but it's the same price as the other version.
    When I see different versions on sites or something of that nature I check the developers site.

Also, I looked at Thunderhawk.
    Is that a web browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Thanks Phurth,

I bet my registry and everything is a mess from moving files, DL'in freeware and incompatible apps, and just not knowing what I'm doing in general.

I figure a ROM update will come out by the time I'm done experimenting. Is a ROM update similar to ROM updates on palm? You know, hard reset, run update, hard reset again?

Then I'll start over just with the rig edits and software I stuck with. I was thinking everything would be clean and in order then.

Thanks for the info on the forum. I went ahead and joined there. That's about 8 forums now,,, but still only really like this one
    If it's like updating the ROM on my iPaq, it's the same process as for the Treo. You run a program on your PC that communicates directly with the device and everything runs automatically from there.

I'm also due for a hard reset - VITO Button Manager is BAD mojo, BTW - but I'm also holding out for a ROM update. No point is reloading everything twice.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Here's BBP, please let me know what you all think. I thought it looked like a cool app, but that's just me.
    It does look cool - I think I'll give it a try.
    This one says "over the air", I'm not really sure what the difference is. I think it's an older version with less(or different), not completely sure but it's the same price as the other version. I'm interested in the top version because it has worldwide weather also.
    Over the Air just means you can download it directly to your device without having to run setup on a PC.
    Also, I looked at Thunderhawk. Is it really worth the $50 yearly subscription and how long is the trial for? Also, where do I install it if I decide to get it?
    I don't think it's worth it, but others really like it. They have a 30 day trial, so you can check it out before buying (www.bitstream.com). It is a proxy web surfing service (sorta like Sqweezer), but they use their own browser.
  8.    #168  
    Just moved to a city with no EV. Im driving around pulling to gether all the details you need when changing jobs, schools (me and the kids) daycare, doctors, dentist, pulling up maps, yahoo yellow pages, etc,,, needless to say the 6700 is getting USED! (with no EV)

I set up wififofum and acidentally left it on and am getting hits driving. How do I get the 6700 to connect. Wireless is on (on the 6700 the keyhole with the waves around it is highlightes in the wireless manager). A popup asks what linksys connects me to and I hit connect, it shows the antenna with the halo and the 2 way directional arrows at the top of the screen but the connection is still slow. How can I tell if I'm on wifi? If I am, even at home it sure does seem slow.
    Thunderhawk is a nice idea which is only have baked. It is oriented the wrong way on the 6700 and they say it can not be reversed. It is coming back off my 6700.
    Well maybe I'll hold off on Thunderhawk for now. Thanks for the info!

Phurth, if BPP turns out to be a good multi-utility, it will be one thing I put on the device. Please let me know what you think when you've used it.

Anyone know of a good uninstaller by the way?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11.    #171  
    Alright this question is more important than the wifi question I mentioned.

I had an issue today with the screen going dark when a mini usb is plugged in. I trouble shot for a few hours then hard reset.

I have a lot of programs on the card but of course now internal is blank.

Do I create links in the startmenu for my programs on the card or delete the programs on the card and re install the programs?
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    I am currently beta testing the new ThunderHawk for WM 5.0. I'll let you all know what I think about it after a few days of use.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Alright this question is more important than the wifi question I mentioned.

I had an issue today with the screen going dark when a mini usb is plugged in. I trouble shot for a few hours then hard reset.

I have a lot of programs on the card but of course now internal is blank.

Do I create links in the startmenu for my programs on the card or delete the programs on the card and re install the programs?
    The short version: reinstall.

The long version: some apps installed to your card will not have written anything vital to the registry and wouldn't need to be re-installed. TCPMP and GSPlayer would be examples of such programs. The hard part would be knowing which do and which don't. You're better off just re-installing. Use this as your opportunity to weed out stuff you don't want and to clean up your registry from all the trialware you've been adding and removing.
  14.    #174  
    Thanks Phurth,

What a PIA,,,,

I think MortSaver got mad when I uninstalled MortButtons so it conjured up a vodo curse.
    Thanks Phurth,

What a PIA,,,,

I think MortSaver got mad when I uninstalled MortButtons so it conjured up a vodo curse.
    I gave up on Mortsaver. Somehow it was getting unlocked and I kept dialing my voicemail. I switched to deltaLock. It's simpler and just plain works.

You might want to look into backup software - Sprite Backup is running a beta of a WM5 version right now. You can get it from their support forum.
  16.    #176  
    Alright,,,,. does magic button have to be internal because its acting funny on the card,,,,,,

Thanks Ill check out deltalock since mortsaver is slow to unlock.

I have bad memories of palm beta backups,,, I was hoping sprite was about ready.
    I'd put on the device. System level utils should almost always go there unless they are known to work from the card.
  18.    #178  
    Phurth or any users of deltalock,

I Dl the PPC3 arm for the Microsoft environment and deltalock v. 0.5, opened the cofig app to map the buttons to unlock. I tried the (soft keys), the (OK and start launch keys), and (voice recorder and explorer keys) and none of them unlock the screen.

What version of delta do you have?
    What cab for the environment did you use?
    What buttons are you using to unlock?
    Is the a technique to get the button presses to register to unlock?
    Do the buttons map correctly?
  19.    #179  
    Boy, Im full of it today....

I got an email today and it said "You must use a HTML enabled email client to view this email".

I get a basic text version of html email from the weather channel. I dont want to miss email.
    Tem - a couple responses for you:

I also now hate deltaLock. It works beautifully (much better that MortSaver), but won't unlock when I get a call. Since the 6700 is a phone, this presents a problem. I'm on the hunt for a screen/button locking utility again.

Pocket IE doesn't support HTML e-mails. You won't miss them - you just can't read the body of the message. That's number 367 on my list of reasons PIE is worse than Chatter.