Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Great information. Thanks a lot everyone.

-Mike
    Pen+Paper > Treo300 > Treo600 > Treo 700p
  2.    #122  
    No I'm not intentionally using the phone less. That's about my norm. I have it set to check email every 15 minutes , IR, BT, and WiFi are off,,, I guess I'm not a power user.

It sounds to me from your description of your planned usage that your battery would be totally drained halfway between lunch and quitt'in time. Unless you do keep it parked on the cradle a bit during the day. I stream NPR for hours on the rare occasion when I drive my radio-less Explorer, so the car charger was a must.

I haven't bought an extended battery yet because I'm really hoping they'll make one that fits IN the phone. Anyone hear any plans on that?

P.S. car charger: 2O bucks at T-Mobile for the mini-USB Razor V3 car charger. Works great for the 6700.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    It sounds to me from your description of your planned usage that your battery would be totally drained halfway between lunch and quitt'in time. Unless you do keep it parked on the cradle a bit during the day. I stream NPR for hours on the rare occasion when I drive my radio-less Explorer, so the car charger was a must.
    Well...I hope that's not the case. Note that my 2-3 hours of MP3 is not (usually) streaming audio. It's from MP3s on the device...so during that time I'd only need the CDMA radio on. I guess if it is the case, I'll just have to adjust accordingly. I'm tired of my 600 and not all that excited about the 700w, so I think I've just about talked myself into the 6700.

P.S. car charger: 2O bucks at T-Mobile for the mini-USB Razor V3 car charger. Works great for the 6700.
    Excellent. Thanks!
  4.    #124  
    We'll I am thoroughly in love with it.
    PIE with EV is fast and pretty! The landscape screen makes all the difference in the world! The ability to store almost everything on the card means instead of my usual 9 megs free internal I have every app I need with a comfortable 29 megs free internal! PPC multitasking allows me jump from one task to another easily and switch between tasks as quickly as I can press a button and always pick up exactly where I left off. And the today screen is awesome! All my important info starring me right in the face every time I pick up my PPC. And the stability is unbelievable! I have tried dozens of apps many of them beta or alpha, done all kinds of registry edits and not 1 reset, not 1 freeze,,, not even a bit of odd behavior.
    I had only used a palm for 3 years now and knew zero about PPC and to tell you the truth I have only been using a desktop computer for 4 years now and really haven't done terribly much with it but I am now a PPC enthusiast :-)
    Excellent review Tem. Thanks!

Like most things, I'm sure there will be a few trade-offs. I'll probably miss the one-handedness of the Treo the most. But that's the trade-off for the landscape view, and I expect that I'll be happy with the trade-off since the landscape view is one reason I lean toward the 6700 over the new 700w (another reason being the lack of WIFI on the 700w of course!).
    PIE with EV is fast and pretty!
    Just wait until all of the tabbed browsing extensions (PIE Plus, MultiIE) are updated for WM5. Tabbed browsing completely rocks on the PPC - and I got a newsletter from the developer of PIE Plus saying they're working on their WM5 update.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  7.    #127  
    I have tried dozens of apps many of them beta or alpha, done all kinds of registry edits and not 1 reset, not 1 freeze,,, not even a bit of odd behavior.
    I have to quote myself on this one. This is pretty amazing considering this is a new version of the OS on a new device.

On a side note, anyone know of a way to make the LEDs (you know, the 2 little lights on either side of the ear piece) to light up during a call? I find myself checking back once or twice because I'm not sure if I disconnected after a call.
    TEM: If you look at the Registry Hack thread in this Forum is has a hack for turning the LEDs off for the PPC-6600. It might give you enough of a clue to figure it out on the 6700 with WM5. If not, I would post the question over at PDAphoneHome 6700 forum.

I hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    phurth,

I already do tabbed browsing with ftxPBrowser. It works great with my QTek 9100. Check it out.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    Get it here: http://www.freewareppc.com/docs/ftxp...bile2003.shtml

It doesn't claim WM5 support but it works without a problem. Plus it's free!
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  11.    #131  
    Thanks Hobbes, I did manage to find that info in the 6600 forum and adapted it to the 6700 and posted it in the tips and tricks thread.

I think I should just become more familure with how the phone screen looks during a call and when disconnected. At an average of 2 calls a day its the part of the phone I'm unfamilure with.

jlczl can't wait to try that freeware..... Everything I own (my computer) is still packed up. Moving is a b*$%h!
    I have a question about EVDO for which I'm searching for an answer. It's not exactly pertinent to this thread, but what the heck. I'll post the answer when I find it, if someone else doesn't answer it first.

The question is...will the 6700 be able to utilize the forthcoming EVDO Rev. A network (which is supposed to offer improved performance via reduced latency--and maybe higher bandwidth, but not sure about that)?

While surfing on the 6700 I came across a thread on HSDPA vs. EVDO, which mentions the much lower latency from HSDPA (20-80ms vs. 100-200ms). I know that latency can have a big effect on performance, so I'm curious if the 6700 will be able to take advantage of EVDO Rev. A when it arrives (apparently late 2006 or so).
    Haven't found anything concrete yet, but it looks to me as though it is a hardware upgrade.

This thread from EVDOForums says the following (as the last entry) and I'd say this is what I've seen so far as well:

Rev A is still on target to pilot next year [2006] for both Sprint/Verizon last I heard. What's not clear is if it will be a firmware upgrade to current cards or if it requires a new radio. I've heard mixed messages but it seems it will require a new card/smartphone to get Rev A.
    I'll try not to clutter this thread with a bunch of EVDO chatter. I just thought some of you 6700 gurus might know the answer.

Cheers, Mike
  14.    #134  
    That's pretty interesting thanks for the info. I hadn't heard a thing about all that.

Late 2006 that puts me right on target for my 1 year new device itch

On another side note,,,,,,

I noticed on my device that MortSaver will tell me I missed a call even though it had been hours since my missed call and even though I have the option to check for missed calls unchecked in MortSaver. So I went to HKCU\Software\Mort\Mortsaver\Calls and changed the value to 0

Anyone else ever see mort do that? I'm not knocking freeware, especially since its better than everything else available and nothing like it even exists in palmOS5
    I haven't tried any of them, but here is the homepage for the guy who wrote MortSaver. It has several other freeware programs as well:

http://www.sto-helit.de/modules/edit...l_lang=english
  16.    #136  
    I notice PIE dosent show numbers as links on my machine. Is that the same for everyone else? Any way to fix that?
    Do you mean phone numbers like 800-555-1212?
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  18.    #138  
    Yes. I have the inability to remember 10 digits as I switch from PIE to phone
    Yes. I have the inability to remember 10 digits as I switch from PIE to phone
    It's not you - mine doesn't do it either. You can copy and past the number, but that requires two hands, unfortunately.
  20.    #140  
    Owwww, thus arises my next project, to find a way to make this work.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast