Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 262
  1.    #81  
    I know gmail leaves the mail on the server.


    ---------------------------------------

    I'm having TC withdraw,,,, packed up my house and moved a state away to attend the university,,,,, so I haven't been able to make it to the forum.

    Just wanted to chime in for a sec with a great reg edit. I found this thread at pdaphonehome to change the default input method
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...fault+keyboard

    So I used the search tool in PHM Registry editor, searched phone pad and found this string
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{51A2CB38-154E-4C92-A625-A83871C99EC2}

    Then followed these directions from the thread:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip\Change the "DefaultIm" value to the ClassID string of the input method you want to use as the default.

    I then reset and viola, phone pad is my default even after a reset.
  2. #82  
    Hmm...tried it with/without the exceptions and with the phone turned off - just the WiFi connection on. Entered my PC IP in Terminal Services on the 6700 and clicked on connect. Still no luck.
    Without any exception is timed out and with the exception I get "cannot connect with the current connection settings."
    BTW, just noticed that I don't have XP Pro; I have XP Home Edition...if this makes any difference. And, FYI, in System Properties on the Remote Tab I checked the box for "Allow Remote Assistance invitations to be sent from this computer."
    Anything else you might know of that I need to do?
    Thanks a lot!
    Aha! Home Edition doesn't do Terminal Services (Remote Desktop) so that's your problem. Remote Support is a different animal.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  3. #83  
    It appears that it does indeed leave a copy, just tested it sending via wife's account....we will see how that goes.

    What is THE CLOSEST I can get to Chatter with either a POP3 or IMAP account? I don't mind paying

    Also one other newbie question - how do I set it so when I am at home or in my office both IE and Outlook use the WIFI network rather than dialing #777? Right now in order to check email even when in WIFI range and authenticated, I have to wait to dial #777 and then hit okay when username/password/domain come up which are all blank.
    Last edited by markyoung04; 12/22/2005 at 09:35 AM.
    I wish I had a dime for every dime I have
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by markyoung04
    I guess I can foward a copy to my gmail account then use my work outgoing mail server so if they reply it still goes back to my office email.

    We are a small firm that uses POP3 email hosted by a third party (NetTelcos). I am so used to Chatter that I am having a hard time adjusting to this.

    What is THE CLOSEST I can get to Chatter with either a POP3 or IMAP account? I don't mind paying
    Whether or not to retain a copy of your messages on a POP server is a client, not server setting. I use IMAP exclusively to avoid such confusion, but I believe Pocket Outlook will actually not even give you the option to remove mail from your server unless you delete it (and even in that case, I'm pretty sure the delete is on the PPC only, not the server).

    If you want anything close to Chatter, you'll need an IMAP account (or even better an Exchange account). With IMAP, your messages can remain in sync between device and server. Currently there is no push via IMAP solution for PPC. A better alternative, if you have it available to you is MS Exchange (or a hosted Exchange account from someone like www.4smartphone.net). Not only can you get push e-mail (via an invisible SMS trigger), but you can also get calendar and contact data sync'd over the air as well.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  5. #85  
    You are a wealth of widsom and information, guess that is why you look so old in your pic . THANK YOU, since there is no "chatter" for PPC, I am looking into the link rite now.

    Thansk
    I wish I had a dime for every dime I have
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by markyoung04
    Also one other newbie question - how do I set it so when I am at home or in my office both IE and Outlook use the WIFI network rather than dialing #777? Right now in order to check email even when in WIFI range and authenticated, I have to wait to dial #777 and then hit okay when username/password/domain come up which are all blank.
    It's supposed to switch automatically. Mine did until I did some registry hacking to enable Vision to be always on. Have you done any of those reg edits?

    It's odd you have to enter your login info - I don't.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Aha! Home Edition doesn't do Terminal Services (Remote Desktop) so that's your problem. Remote Support is a different animal.
    Ok, thanks a lot for the help. I have Pro at work, so I'll try that out next.
  8. #88  
    It works in terms of finding the WIFI first, does it still have to dial #777 when in EVDO range? signed up for free trial of www.4smartphone.net) and it looks like we have a
    "winner winner chicken dinner"!!!

    THANK YOU SO MUCH
    I wish I had a dime for every dime I have
  9. #89  
    WiFi and EVDO are totallly different. You can disable the wireless/phone radio and still access the net via WiFi. But if you don't have access to a WiFi network, disable the WiFi radio, and connect to EVDO (if within range) and, yes, it will have to dial #777 to initiate the connection. EVDO and 1X both require #777 dial-up to the network.
    The whiny minority always out-posts the contented majority.
  10. #90  
    Thanks, thankfully I am not that stupid . I am very familiar w/ WIFI in terms of using it in a PC/Laptop environment just not w/ PocketPC. I am, however, compeltely new to using EVDO on any device - basically it connects same way - it will pickup EVDO if available, if not defaults to 1X - gotcha thanks!
    I wish I had a dime for every dime I have
  11. #91  
    Couple of new questions as I continue to set up my 6700:

    Where should I store PocketBreeze? On my device or storage card?
    Is my phone screen supposed to stay on while I'm active synching?

    Thanks
    Last edited by Saint Treo; 12/23/2005 at 12:24 AM.
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Treo
    Couple of new questions as I continue to set up my 6700:

    Where should I store PocketBreeze? On my device or storage card?
    Is my phone screen supposed to stay on while I'm active synching?

    Thanks
    As a general rule, I always keep Today screen plug-ins (including PocketBreeze) installed on the device.

    The phone screen will turn on during ActiveSync or e-mail retrieval - it's annoying. The free utility Mortsaver will immediately turn the screen off and keep the buttons locked so you don't accidentally call Timbuktu.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  13. jlczl's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    #93  
    I signed up at 4smartphone.net and I can sync OTA but I cannot get it to push my e-mail. Does it work for any of you, and how? I followed the directions but it won't even pull the mail if I do an OTA sync.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

    Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  14. #94  
    I set it up to schedule rather than the "when new items arrive" option - the tech at 4smartphone told me that most of them have a 5 min schedule as they are around WIFI. The "as items arrive" option (or whatever it is called) relies on SMS to send a packet and have it read by your phone, bringing another hop in. Try both.
    I have luck with it, not as much as...oh I don't know....say I had WITH CHATTER . I miss you Chatter.
    I wish I had a dime for every dime I have
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Treo
    Couple of new questions as I continue to set up my 6700:

    Where should I store PocketBreeze? On my device or storage card?
    Is my phone screen supposed to stay on while I'm active synching?

    Thanks
    The rule of thumb that I use is if the program is vital to performance of the phone, i.e. a today screen plugin, constant system utility, or I know that i will simply use it a lot....then I install in in memory. Otherwise everything goes on my 2 gig SD card.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    As a general rule, I always keep Today screen plug-ins (including PocketBreeze) installed on the device.

    The phone screen will turn on during ActiveSync or e-mail retrieval - it's annoying. The free utility Mortsaver will immediately turn the screen off and keep the buttons locked so you don't accidentally call Timbuktu.
    Ah! So that explains why my device keeps turning on. Ok, is it easy enough to move Pocketbreeze to the card, or do I need to reinstall?

    Just downloaded the trial for VC 1.5 It's great! Is there a way to turn the voice off, having vc communicate with you in text, but keep it so the phone will still ring? It's kinda embarassing having your phone talking to you when you're in public. Girls don't dig that kinda thing Then again, maybe having this phone in the first place qualifies me as somewhat of a geek.
    Last edited by Saint Treo; 12/23/2005 at 12:47 PM.
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Treo
    Ah! So that explains why my device keeps turning on. Ok, is it easy enough to move Pocketbreeze to the card, or do I need to reinstall?

    Just downloaded the trial for VC 1.5 It's great! Is there a way to turn the voice off, having vc communicate with you in text, but keep it so the phone will still ring? It's kinda embarassing having your phone talking to you when you're in public. Girls don't dig that kinda thing Then again, maybe having this phone in the first place qualifies me as somewhat of a geek.
    You can uninstall PB and then re-install it. I think it'll ask you during uninstall if you want to keep your settings - say yes.

    Sorry, I can't help with VC. I never got it to work right and I felt like a complete dork yelling repeatedly at my phone.

    VC or no VC - this phone does not in any way attract the opposite sex. That's what the Razr is for, I guess.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    You can uninstall PB and then re-install it. I think it'll ask you during uninstall if you want to keep your settings - say yes.

    Sorry, I can't help with VC. I never got it to work right and I felt like a complete dork yelling repeatedly at my phone.

    VC or no VC - this phone does not in any way attract the opposite sex. That's what the Razr is for, I guess.

    Ok, I guess I should stop wearing it as a necklass then...
  19. #99  
    Ok, I guess I should stop wearing it as a necklass then..
    Bling, it ain't.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  20.    #100  
    Question about mortsaver, Its seems to prevent Q'15 min retrieval of email,,,, is that normal?
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions