Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Here's a freeware program I have loaded which is able to do that: http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=680
    I keep it on my machine for its unobtrusive battery meter - the i730 comes with built in program-closing software you can use one-handed.
    Threaded Sms messaging finally!

SMSPro
    http://www.pocketmonkey.net/forums/598/ShowPost.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash
    Threaded Sms messaging finally!

SMSPro
    http://www.pocketmonkey.net/forums/598/ShowPost.aspx
    Extremely beta. Use with caution.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Extremely beta. Use with caution.

People have been saying that there are a few bugs in it but it seems to be pretty stable. I've had no issues with it so far...
    hey, ive been trying to find drivers for the ppc 6700 when you connect it to your computer. when i connect it the wizard on my pc comes up and says it needs a driver for a composite usb device. i was trying to use bitpim with my 6700, but it says i need to this to do what i want to do. can anyone please help me or does anyone know any alternative solutions to my problem?
    You need to install Activesync 4.1 before connecting the PPC to your PC.
    The whiny minority always out-posts the contented majority.
    I've read around, but can't find an answer to how I connect over Terminal Services. I'm a total newbie so I'm wondering where I find the info I need to put in for "Server:" I was assuming I put my IP address here, but I timeout while trying to connect to the Terminal Server.
    Do I need to add some software to my desktop for this to run?
    Just totally in the dark here and wouldn't mind a walkthrough if someone wants to offer me one. Thanks.
    What OS are you running? On Windows XP (Pro only) you must enable Remote access to the PC. Right click on My Computer, go to Properties, then click on the Remote tab.
    The whiny minority always out-posts the contented majority.
    I'm running XP Pro. I've enabled remote access. Not sure what to do next
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Treo
    I'm running XP Pro. I've enabled remote access. Not sure what to do next
    I assume you have WiFi enabled and have it configured to access your network. If so, you might try adding the IP address of your PC to the exceptions list (Start->Settings->Connections->tap the Connections control panel, Advanced tab, Hit Exceptions).

Open Terminal Services client on the 6700 and enter the PC's IP address.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Thanks for your help. Ok, some really basic questions (and, no, don't think I'm 5 years old for asking this
    Can I simply find out my PC IP through www.myipaddress.com?
    I have WiFi enabled on my phone. Er...I'm assuming it's configured to access my network. Is there a quick way to check?
    Thanks a again.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Added the Weather Panel. Thanks Hobbes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Treo
    Thanks for your help. Ok, some really basic questions (and, no, don't think I'm 5 years old for asking this
    Can I simply find out my PC IP through www.myipaddress.com?
    I have WiFi enabled on my phone. Er...I'm assuming it's configured to access my network. Is there a quick way to check?
    Thanks a again.
    Go to the Start menu, choose Run... and type cmd.

A DOS box will pop up. Type ipconfig and hit enter. Voila! IP address.

On the PPC6700 go to the Wireless LAN control panel. You should see the 6700's IP address there. Post both IP addresses so we can make sure your devices are both on the same network.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Added the Weather Panel. Thanks Hobbes.
    No problem, glad I could help....BTW it looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    You need to install Activesync 4.1 before connecting the PPC to your PC.
    i did but imm not trying to use active sync, im trying to access the 66700 using bitpim but it says i need a composite usb driver.
    Phurth, FYI, I sent you a private message.

Also, with regards to changing the glyph cache registry from 8192 to 16384 to speed up screen rotation, are any drawbacks to this we should know of before trying it.
    Also does it speed up everything in general?
    I apologize for being a dolt and asking this, but if I setup my POP3 mail account and retrieve my email while on the road, and my laptop is "off", will it still show up on my laptop...I can not find a setting to leave a copy on the server...sorry
    I wish I had a dime for every dime I have
    There should be a setting available on your pop mail server. Who do you use?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Phurth, FYI, I sent you a private message.

Also, with regards to changing the glyph cache registry from 8192 to 16384 to speed up screen rotation, are any drawbacks to this we should know of before trying it.
    Also does it speed up everything in general?
    First- on the glyph cache: the larger cache should noticably speed up any app that draws a lot on screen. The only drawback is the loss of 8 MB of memory.

I got your IPs. You have your wifi configured correctly and both your devices are on the same network. You should be able to enter the IP into terminal services client and hit Ok. As a test, you might want to turn off the phone to make sure it's not making a Vision connection. Try it with and without the Exceptions entry I Mentioned earlier.
    Hmm...tried it with/without the exceptions and with the phone turned off - just the WiFi connection on. Entered my PC IP in Terminal Services on the 6700 and clicked on connect. Still no luck.
    Without any exception is timed out and with the exception I get "cannot connect with the current connection settings."
    BTW, just noticed that I don't have XP Pro; I have XP Home Edition...if this makes any difference. And, FYI, in System Properties on the Remote Tab I checked the box for "Allow Remote Assistance invitations to be sent from this computer."
    Anything else you might know of that I need to do?
    Thanks a lot!
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast