Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Tem, I went into the registry and changed the settings for the LED's... now for some reason my phone starts to blink orange most of the time... I even turned off the flashing of the LEDS for all messages... very weird. Has this happened to you or anyone else that tried that hack? I hate to have to do a hard reset. Thanks.
  2.    #22  
    Always back up the registry before making changes. Always make a list of the changes you make so you may change them back if you want. There are several applications that may want to control the LED and may change the registry value back. So check to see if the value is still 1. I also had to disable the led control in several of my 3rd party applications. One of my 3rd party apps changed the value back to 1. There should be no reason to do a hard reset. If a registry change doesnt work well you can always change it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Always back up the registry before making changes. Always make a list of the changes you make so you may change them back if you want. There are several applications that may want to control the LED and may change the registry value back. So check to see if the value is still 1. I also had to disable the led control in several of my 3rd party applications. One of my 3rd party apps changed the value back to 1. There should be no reason to do a hard reset. If a registry change doesnt work well you can always change it back.
    That was the first thing that I did was change it back... still was doing it... and I did not install anything lately that would make it do that. I just finished doing a hard reset and everything seems to be fine now. (was not that big of a deal since everything was pretty much backed up on my pc.)
    Even though it says it is geared towards the PPC-6600, nearly everything will apply to the 6700 as well:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=48609

That link will point you to the following threads that may prove to very helpful for many here:

So here are some of the best threads I think every Newbie should read so they can get a good understanding of the PPC-660X/XV6600 and help them realize how powerful of a tool they really have in their hands:

Ultimate Toys For the PPC-660X/XV6600:
    Want to know what accessories you can buy and where?
    http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...highlight=toys

PPC Software List and Links:
    Are you a Palm user who always thought there was never any PPC software available for the PPC? Think again.
    General & Specialized Software: http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...light=software
    Backup the software & files you have: http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...rom#post284727

Lound Ring Tones & System Sounds:
    You think the ringtones are not loud enough? Never miss another call with this collection of LOUD ringtones and System sounds:
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=47956

Add GPS, you won't regret it if you travel.... :
    Never get lost again. Great thread if you are interested in using GPS navigation with your PPC-660X/XV6600
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=41561

Cool things that the PPC-6600 / PPC-6601 / XV6600 does that most may overlook
    Find out how other people are using their phone in ways that you may not have thought of or share your great ideas with us:
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=51910

Registry Edits Hints and Finds:
    Only after you feel comfortable with WM2003 and a little adventerous ( Please take to heart the warning in the first post ) :
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=40171
  5.    #25  
    Did you do a soft reset after making the registry change in order for it to work correctly?
    Did you do a soft reset after making the registry change in order for it to work correctly?

Yeah, I did. Did one after I changed it back as well.
  7.    #27  
    There had to be some 3rd party app that was controlling the LED.

Sorry for the trouble. It works great on my machine. What registry editor did you use. I have heard mixed results if you use other than PMH RegEdit.
    There had to be some 3rd party app that was controlling the LED.

Sorry for the trouble. It works great on my machine. What registry editor did you use. I have heard mixed results if you use other than PMH RegEdit.
    Oh, no worries, was not your fault! I'm not sure what it was called. Since the hard reset I have not put one on yet. I will try the one you mentioned. Thanks again!

The only 3rd party apps that I had on it at the time was phone alarm and then I tried pocketzen... did not like it and uninstalled it. So that is the only 3rd party app that could have done that.
  9.    #29  
    To all,

Is there a way to find out what a certain file pertains to. I Have a new file that showed up in "My Device" called smart connect and I dont know what it goes to. With palm I always looked at the creator ID.
    To all,

Is there a way to find out what a certain file pertains to. I Have a new file that showed up in "My Device" called smart connect and I dont know what it goes to. With palm I always looked at the creator ID.
    By any chance have you paired your 6700 up to a laptop???
    File extensions are just like on the PC (and are analogous to Palm creator IDs). Sometimes they don't really tell you much, however. Have you Googled it?
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  12.    #32  
    I looked at it on the computer and the extension is log

I googled smartconnect.log and got nothing, smartconnect got a lot of junk. I used total commander and looked at the properties and it gave me the date modified, not much info.

Another question. I found a today screen I liked but it changed the color of the text. Does that always happen. My text was white with the standard screen and the light blue theme changes the text to a light blue also.
    Has anyone been able to remove the stock calendar app and replace it with something else? I hate to add new software just to leave the old stuff taking up valuable memory space.
    I looked at it on the computer and the extension is log

I googled smartconnect.log and got nothing, smartconnect got a lot of junk. I used total commander and looked at the properties and it gave me the date modified, not much info.

Another question. I found a today screen I liked but it changed the color of the text. Does that always happen. My text was white with the standard screen and the light blue theme changes the text to a light blue also.
    Today themes include font and font color info. Microsoft has a free tool (and there are others out there as well) you can use to edit themes. Dunno about WM5 for these though...

ThemeBuilder
    MS Theme Generator
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  15.    #35  
    Phurth, Your awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Has anyone been able to remove the stock calendar app and replace it with something else? I hate to add new software just to leave the old stuff taking up valuable memory space.
    I use Pocket Informant 2005 and like it a lot. It is quite powerful and does take some time to get used to, though. Another interesting calendar replacement that's not well know is IntumiCal (note that it is NOT yet WM5 compatible, though). Anyone coming from the Palm should take a look at it as it is a more "Palm like" app and the next version will work with WM5. Encouraging the developer to hurry up is always valuable. It completely replaces the built in apps, but does not remove them (they're in ROM, so they aren't really taking up useable space anyway).
  17.    #37  
    I use PocketBreeze, it puts the calender right where is does me the most good, one the today screen.
    I use PocketBreeze, it puts the calender right where is does me the most good, one the today screen.
    Yep. PocketBreeze rocks - and has Chatter-like developer support.
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Today themes include font and font color info. Microsoft has a free tool (and there are others out there as well) you can use to edit themes. Dunno about WM5 for these though...

ThemeBuilder
    MS Theme Generator

You can use them but certain things like the color of the start menu, etc... can be a little messed up... (example... wrong color)
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    I use Pocket Informant 2005 and like it a lot. It is quite powerful and does take some time to get used to, though. Another interesting calendar replacement that's not well know is IntumiCal (note that it is NOT yet WM5 compatible, though). Anyone coming from the Palm should take a look at it as it is a more "Palm like" app and the next version will work with WM5. Encouraging the developer to hurry up is always valuable. It completely replaces the built in apps, but does not remove them (they're in ROM, so they aren't really taking up useable space anyway).
    Is it too tough to hack the ROM on the 6700? I haven't tried, but it was pretty easy to do on the 650. That way, whenever I replaced a stock Palm app, the new one wouldn't cost me a ton of memory. I'd just stick it in the ROM. I guess that I won't be able to do that with the 6700.

That IntumiCal looks nice but doesn't support WM5 yet.

I'm going to email the developer of PocketBreeze and ask about threaded SMS. The program looks good otherwise. Thanks.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast