Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo600Sprint View Post
    When giving instruction on how to change the url the iexplorer homebutton defaults to, you stated open the AppButtons folder via My Computer on my PC. However, when accessing the Mobile Device via PC, the "Windows" folder fails to appear along side the rest of the folders. Does anyone know how I can enable viewing of the "Windows" folder?
    Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Show hidden files and folders
    Treo 650 Cingular -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Treo 700p Sprint -> PPC 6700 Sprint -> Treo 700wx Sprint
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by japan4 View Post
    my 6700 has never given me trouble and today it froze a soft reset and a hard reset did not do much to fix it ater installing updated software it works but it will not import my contacts and it lost many of them i thought the phone had a permanent memory on it or my sotrage card. how do i get my info back? Please HELP and thanks in advance
    The 6700 has nonvolatile memory which means if the battery goes dead then none of your data is lost but if you hard reset and didnt back up your contacts then there lost.
    Hey guys,

Just got a PPC-6700 and I'm loving it so far. However, I have one very "newbie" question:

How do I change the alarm sound to a custom sound (like a song?). Unlike the ringer for the phone I can only select preinstalled sounds.

I even tried to delete one of the alarm sounds and replace it with a song that was titled the exact same. However, the files are protected, so that's a no go.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
  4.    #244  
    If you place the audio file in the windows folder it should show up as an option when you go to select a the sound for specific events when you go start>settings>sounds>notifications. I do not have a 6700 any longer so let me know if this is wrong and I will get the right answer for you.
    Unfortunately I already tried that, to no avail.
    Unfortunately no. I already knew about clicking the bell icon, it's just that any new files I place in the windows folders do not show up as an option to choose on the drop down menu.
  7.    #248  
    As far as I can tell not all file types are allowed as sounds for every type of event. In the manage folder it shows all sound files in the windows folder but depending on the event you choose in the notifications window it limits the type of file. What event are wanting to customize?

If its an MP3 sound you want to set to a limited event you could convert the format of the audio file to wav.
    That did it. The alarm doesn't like .mp3's or .midi's.

Thanks.

The only annoying part now is that it has to be in .wav format, so the files are much bigger. :/ Not a huge deal though.
    you should be able to use wma files as well, which are a lot smaller.
    Hmm, I use Audacity to convert all my sound files...I don't think it does .wma.

Know of a program that does?
  11.    #252  
    I can set a wma file as the notification for some events but not all on my 750 if I add it threw Sounds & Notifications>Manage>Menu>Add Even if it is already in the windows folder. What a pain.
    Welp, looks like I'm stuck with a .wav file for alarms, as my ppc-6700 does not show .wma files on the list of possible sounds. :|

Oh well, at least I got SOMETHING now.

Thanks guys.
  13.    #254  
    No problem........ man I loved my 6700.... I only got rid of it because I hated, hated, hated that stupid joy stick!!!! Those things were so flimsy and a pain to use.......And the antenna was pretty oversized too,,,,, other than that it was awesome!!!
    Do you mean the stylus when you say the "joystick?"

Yeah, so far I'm in love with this thing, it's my first "smart device." It's nice having a camera/phone/pda all in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heir View Post
    Hmm, I use Audacity to convert all my sound files...I don't think it does .wma.

Know of a program that does?
    sorry about that.....I answered this question (correctly that is) in a thread I started a long time ago. I did make a bunch of system sounds in WAV format and a bunch of ringtones in WMA so that they would be loud. You can use the free software I link to there to modify the sound to any level you want to with any of the sounds. Here you go:

Loud Ringtones!!!!!!
  16.    #257  

Yeah, so far I'm in love with this thing, it's my first "smart device." It's nice having a camera/phone/pda all in one.
    I mean the 5 way directional button below the screen. I was worried about it before I ever even bought it. I found users are split 50/50 on the matter when I started this thread (that got little attention) http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=100358

I started this "6700 Q & A" thread after 2000 Man trashed this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=99291 Between Hobbes, Purth and some others there is a ton of great info so post away if you have questions.
  17.    #258  
    Welp, looks like I'm stuck with a .wav file for alarms, as my ppc-6700 does not show .wma files on the list of possible sounds. :|

Oh well, at least I got SOMETHING now.

Thanks guys.
    Half the time I put a file in the windows folder it still doesn't show up as an option. But if I go to: "Sounds & Notifications>Manage>Menu>Add, toggle to correct folder, highlight intended file and tap select" then the file will often show as an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    I mean the 5 way directional button below the screen. I was worried about it before I ever even bought it. I found users are split 50/50 on the matter when I started this thread (that got little attention) http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=100358
    I will let you know about the PPC-6800's 5 way nav, 12 minutes after it comes out!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    I started this "6700 Q & A" thread after 2000 Man trashed this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=99291 Between Hobbes, Purth and some others there is a ton of great info so post away if you have questions.
    2000 Man sure made life interesting, but he is now banned with his last post back in Oct of last year.

Heir, here is another thread I started in the 700wx thread, but everything (except for probably the codes) would apply to the 6700 as well...probably giving more information than you really wanted to know:

Windows Mobile FAQ
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 03/22/2007 at 09:56 PM.
    I'm an old palm guy switching to WM5 and a PPC6700. Most of it's gone fairly smooth except for a few nagging questions.

1. is there anyway to show the icons in "programs" in a list format rather than big icons like you could do with palm? do I need to find some other "launcher" program?

2. what are "enroller", "download agent", and "terminal services" used for?

3. on my palm(s), different categories on my calendar showed up with different colors, outlook on the pc will do something similar, but that information apparently isn't available or transferred to the ppc. I'm presuming that to have something similar...I'll have to find a different calendar program?

Thanks all for helping. In all of my palm days, I have found Treocentral by the far the easiest of any discussion type group to use and get information from!